"I'm a BBW and I like BHM, why is that such a bad thing Thread"

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by Surlysomething, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Jan 5, 2008 #41

Laina

Laina

Laina

Passionately Apathetic

I think the point was more that there are qualities other than weight. So if a potential couple already has chemistry and he's refusing to date her solely because she's a BBW...he's not worth chasing.

And I can see that perspective: I haven't ruled out all thin guys ever just because I'm an FFA. I'm just not particularly looking for one. There's a difference between desiring a thin partner and refusing to see the beauty in a woman who isn't precisely a size two.

Also, lots of guys say they are specifically interested in thin girls--which is fine in and of itself...but I'll bet it's hard to deal with when you feel like you've FINALLY found a place you fit in, only to find out that there're these really exclusive clubs that you just can't belong to. You know what I'm saying?

2. Jan 5, 2008 #42

MaryElizabethAntoinette

MaryElizabethAntoinette

MaryElizabethAntoinette

Beauty is Relative

Well, those bigger guys who think that can suck it, cuz they are meanies. xP

On a different note, the only thing that really makes someone beautiful or not is who they are. I know in my experience, I've met guys who I find attractive and upon finding out that they are bad people, my attraction to them completely disappears no matter how beautiful they are physically.
    I'm sure many people can relate to that. No matter how big or small or beautiful or ugly anyone is; if you're not a shallow person it's their personality which determines their actual beauty.

Tad likes this.
  3. Jan 5, 2008 #43

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

Very well said.

4. Jan 6, 2008 #44

ffaboots

ffaboots

ffaboots

Exactly!!! Thank you, Laina.

You can have a preference. Hell, I have a preference! I'm saying that even though I generally don't find thin guys hot, I've still met a few who were so genuinely great that a mutual attraction developed. Now if I had said to those guys, "You're great, we get along well and I'm really attracted to you, but I don't date anyone who weighs less than 250 pounds," then that would be crazy, right? They would be justified in thinking I was kind of nuts.

5. Jan 6, 2008 #45

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

I hope Laina doesn't really go back to lurking- I find so many of her posts thought-provoking :)

6. Jan 6, 2008 #46

William

William

William

Hi GEF

I agree, I think that the smaller FFAs here bring ideas to this Board that gives this board a balance that the other boards do not possess. They tend not to look at BHMs from a PC Fat Acceptance way.

William

7. Jan 6, 2008 #47

Laina

Laina

Laina

Passionately Apathetic

Aww...I think that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me on this board. (Honestly.) I lurk more often than not, but I promise I'll try to post more often (and try not to suck so hard at getting my points across, hehe).

8. Jan 6, 2008 #48

Ninja Glutton

Ninja Glutton

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek

Ok, I'll definitely agree with that. And I agree with Mary also. It should be the personality which matters first and foremost.

I've myself fallen for many a girl I wouldn't have initially considered based solely on her personality. This holds especially true for people who are obsessive about music and film. Tell me you've seen Bloodfeast and you listen to the Mars Volta and I'm yours lol.

Fat, skinny, tall, short... whoever tucks me in at night is darling to me.

9. Jan 6, 2008 #49

GordoNegro

GordoNegro

GordoNegro

I think ssbbw/ssbhm couples are truly beautiful.
    I know I would definately want a ssbbw on my arm always.

10. Jan 6, 2008 #50

Qit el-Remel

Qit el-Remel

Qit el-Remel

Geek and FFA

If they ever put size limits on being an FFA, I intend to protest it on principle. Just my 2ยข.

Any notion that FFAs must be a certain size is probably rooted in shallowness: Namely, people presume that if a woman dates fat men, she's only really acting on her own preferences if she isn't "mainstream pretty." Otherwise, she's "desperate," has "low standards," or "can't do any better." (The same applies to male FAs. And since the media pays more attention to them than to us FFAs, it's easier to dig up the crap that people talk about them.)

Also, I've found myself completely "switching off" on a big guy who turned out to be a jerk. Not to mention having to do quite a bit of soul-searching before deciding not to sleep with a trim 19-year-old Marine PFC who normally wouldn't be my type.

-Qit

11. Jan 7, 2008 #51

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Don't you dare! Well, OK, you can if you really want to....but please don't! I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your contributions. :bow:

12. Jan 8, 2008 #52

LisaInNC

LisaInNC

LisaInNC

Ok I stumbled upon this thread and I had to throw in my two cents. Now, the bhm on this board who only like thin women thats cool because there are bbw who wouldnt look twice at a bhm. To me this defeats the purpose of a "fat movement" but thats just this girls opinion. I think when we scream we want to be accepted by society but dont accept the opposite sex in the same situation then we really arent ready for a movement.
    Have you ever heard an african-american (I am very close to puking from political correctness) say they would never date another african-american because of the color of their skin? I have. It makes no sense. Think about it.

13. Jan 8, 2008 #53

William

William

William

Hi Lisa

I agree, I am really turned off by Fat People who's attitude about Fat people of the other gender is barely better than society's. Why even criticize society if we are going to do the same thing?

I am not including people with moderate preferences, but people who like the Fat haters "shout out" their preferences, this also includes skinny people that say that they would never date a skinny person.

William

14. Jan 8, 2008 #54

Molly

Molly

Molly

Just thought I would share...

I like the fact that dimensions is just many voices coming together to talk. Even though many people have pictures on their avatars, I still find myself reading what they have to say before ever even caring to see what they look like. I love being able to read thought-provoking arguments and discussions without being persuaded by appearances.
    If we were all in a room together talking, would we say things in a different way? Would we even talk to each other?

There are so many wonderful people who I am sure are just as gorgeous in real life as they are in text here. I find that it is nice to hear what the other teams have to say. And I like that there are many teams, but nobody wins or loses.

15. Jan 8, 2008 #55

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Just by the way, there is an option, reachable from your control panel, to turn off avatars (also pictures in the threads). So should you ever want to set it up that you only see pictures when you go to them (look at someone's profile, click on the link for the picture), you can do so.

And yah, I like 'meeting' people through text first too.

-Ed

16. Jan 9, 2008 #56

Nerdzilla

Nerdzilla

Nerdzilla

Talk Nerdy to Me

Hi, long time listener, first time caller... :)

Me, I prefer the less-than-skinny types but certainly don't discriminate since for me its all about the face and especially the eyes!

17. Jan 9, 2008 #57

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Welcome! You might want to go say hi also on the intro thread, at the top of the list--more people will see you there. And if you go digging farther into the archives you'll find some threads talking about BHMs and nerdism--you are far from alone!

Oh, and I chuckled at your sig--reminds me a lot of a friend of mine. (I never really got into reading Lovecraft or playing Call of Cthulu, but I can appreciate humorous references).

Anyway, I hope we hear a lot more from you and about you.

Regards;

-Ed

18. Jan 10, 2008 #58

beckyking

beckyking

beckyking

YES!
    I have the same question with you!

19. Jan 10, 2008 #59

Buffetbelly

Buffetbelly

Buffetbelly

Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Fat on fat love is a beautiful thing. Since age 10, I always thought I was only interested in chubby to SSBBW sized women. I have since found that I can be attracted to skinny (= non-BBW) women, but only if they are FFA's! Their FFA-ness and their willingness to touch my fat body in a sensuous way allows me to appreciate them romantically. Thus I have recently expanded my "romantic possibility space" to include:
    • Any BBW
    • An FFA of any size
    Is that broad-minded enough? (I certainly have broads on my mind! :D)

Rounderly likes this.
  20. Jan 10, 2008 #60

Ojiryojoji

Ojiryojoji

Ojiryojoji

When did this start? I honestly dont think i've ever seen a BHM that didnt want anything but a BBW.lol

Unless i've stumbled into Bizzaro World......again.