• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

It works!-the Holy Grail of matte

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kr7

Ladies, if you have oily skin, run to the nearest Sephora, and pick up a tube of this:

View attachment 25916

It's called Medi-Matte. It is made by Cosmedicine. And it works. Coming from me (good ole' "Crisco-face-Chris"), it means that the stuff really does what it is supposed to; it keeps your skin from turning into an oil spill.

Just to give you an idea: I have extremely oily T-zone, and normal to slightly oily cheeks. Just to make it interesting, my skin is also sensitive. I also need to use sunscreen on daily basis, which adds more oil to my complexion. By the time I get to school (about 45 minutes after I have applied my makeup), I am already dripping oil. I pretty much have to continually blot, at least once every hour, and I still look shiny, not to mention I rub off my makeup with all the blotting.

Well, Medi-Matte is just amazing. When I use it, I can go easily 6 hours without needing a touch up, or needing only a minor one. I would say that for some it might even work too well, bcs it gives such an extremely matte appearance. In fact, since I don't really feel that the super matte look is me (I prefer the natural look), I only use the smallest, itty bitty amount, just on my T-zone, and even then I either put it on over or mix it with my sunscreen.

The only draw back is the price. It goes for around $40, but at least in my case, I use very little. I can see the tube lasting me 6 months, easily. I noticed that this line of cosmetics, also includes a tinted version of Medi-Matte, and a mattefying spray for touch ups. I haven't tried those, but I am so happy with this product, that I am planning on giving them a try as well.

Chris

Latest posts

Back