• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

It's been brought to my attention that my pictures have been posted.....

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mia Davina

Your beloved....
I guess I should explain.

Jon was entirely correct in saying that the reason I left was because of this very reaction. I started losing weight for health reasons, and once I had lost 50lbs, people started noticing and were quite negative about it. Tami has fully supported my decision and remains a close friend of mine: in fact, I'm going to see her later this upcoming week (which I am absolutely thrilled about!) I've now lost a little over 100lbs. I've done it the "old fashion way" for the most part. When I started, my doctor put me on a medicine to speed up my metabolism because tests showed that mine was basically at a stand still. I, with my doctor's assistance, created a food plan (aka, diet) that I can stick with. I do not look at a diet as an extreme way of eating for a short amount of time. I intend to eat the way I eat now, for the rest of my life. I admit that my plan needs a little bit of tweaking because since I don't eat meat, I don't get a lot of amino acids and proteins, which are necessary for a body to work the best. I also exercise (more than I used to.. I've never been sedentary); I do cardio and strength training. Once New York decides it's time to warm up, I'll also be swimming again. As you can see, I have thought this all out carefully and am going about it in a way as to make sure that I make myself the healthiest that I can be as a person. No need to think that I will ever become a tiny girl, it just isn't in my genes to be skinny. My goal weight is 200lbs. I am currently at 238 and the losing has slowed down quite a bit, which is entirely understandable.

Before I started losing weight, I was constantly tired, almost always in a bad mood and never really wanted to do anything. After having only lost 30lbs, I already noticed a boost in energy. Things have only improved since. And to ensure you further that I am doing this for health reasons only, not because I thought I looked bad, I was completely confident in my body before I started losing weight. As my body started changing with the weight loss, I found it very hard to keep that confidence. It took me a long time to love the body I had before, and it will take me a good amount of time to get used to the body I will end up with.

I appreciate the encouragement some of you have given. I am happier now. Not because I'm thinner, but instead because my being thinner has made me feel so much better. As you can see in the picture of me in the black and purple top, I have not lost my womanly curves at all. Again, that would be impossible for me because my genes just don't allow for me to have smaller hips or a smaller bust.

I also very much appreciate those of you who pointed out that this community (along with others, though it may not have been said) are about acceptance and loving curves. As stated above, I am far from curve-less. If anyone would like to get a hold of me personally, I will make sure to check my modeling email more often, and will respond when it is warranted. If you do decide to contact me, please keep in mind that my disappearance was based on the fact that I didn't want to be forced to deal with the negative comments. You are very free to tell me your opinion, good or bad, just try not to be argumentative, ok?

With much appreciation,
Mia D.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back