let's just have a conversation with one another!

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by RavnChild, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Apr 24, 2015 #1

RavnChild

RavnChild

RavnChild

Heya everyone,

just want to say if anyone answers to this thread I am gonna be stoked I am bbw and am excited to get to talk and know people who are like me also to people who except me for who I am the struggle is real. So feel free to vent or talk about anything and I'll answer back.

2. Apr 27, 2015 #2

Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai

I love to communicate on just about any topic. Sometimes I appear to be wise; most often a fool. At 77 y.o. it makes little difference. Name your topic and PM me. I'll do what I can.

3. Apr 27, 2015 #3

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!

hi! welcome to dims! have you had a chance to look around the boards?

your comment about 'the struggle is real' made me smile. my older daughter (20 y/o) has used that line. i am not up on most of the social media refs..but i was glad i recognized that one. :)

ps. shout out to my friend ho ho thai! don't let him fool you...he is wise...and a really nice person. you should be glad to get such an offer! :)

Ho Ho Tai likes this.
  4. Apr 27, 2015 #4

RavnChild

RavnChild

RavnChild

Hello ho ho tai and luv

Thanks for your response!
    I have looked around the boards but could not help but notice not that many people post anymore which was a let down for me. So I did get excited to see both your responses.

5. Apr 27, 2015 #5

Yakatori

Yakatori

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...

Me too. I figure it's someone else's fault.

What's going on with your avatar? Is that, like, a distress signal?

6. Apr 27, 2015 #6

RavnChild

RavnChild

RavnChild

when you say avatar do you mean my profile picture? :confused:

7. Apr 27, 2015 #7

Yakatori

Yakatori

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...

In your case, both are set to the same photo, it appears. But, if you want to be cool like me, you put one icon-type image to represent yourself in-thread, that's displayed right next to your words. (Like, for mine, I think when most people around here see it, they begin to feel a seizure or something like that coming on. Or they think something like, "Oh, God....it's him. Again." And then, after they've had their fill of that, it's time to click on my profile-itself, which is kind of a little bit different, another type of experience-altogether.

MsBrightside likes this.
  8. Apr 27, 2015 #8

Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai

Yakatori - Both pictures give me an an appetite - one for philosophy, the other for dinner. (It occurred to me that the combination of philosophy, discussed over dinner (by fine minds with gustatorial persuasions) is what drove civilization for centuries. The tradition seems to be dying out. Too bad.)

Ravnchild -

As Yakatori suggested, I clicked on your icon. However, your picture, while posed similarly, is not quite the same. Your icon is similar to a pose in which I find myself quite often - taking a nap. Your picture reminds me of Sleeping Beauty, just waking up - and is, appropriately, quite beautiful. Is there a prince nearby?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  9. Apr 27, 2015 #9

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Some useful odds and ends to know around here:

Avatar is the term used for the small pic that shows up beside your posts (at least, it shows up for people who have avatars turned on—personally I don’t). The profile picture is the big one that shows up when people click to go see your profile.

Yakatori has a lot of good things to say, but I find that sometimes clarification is needed to get all of this points. It is usually worth the effort :)

I don’t know if you’ve looked at the various boards in any degree of detail yet; if you have then my apologies for covering stuff you may already have figured out, but in case you haven’t then here are some things that may not be entirely obvious:
    - First, you are welcome to post on any boards, as long as you respect their intent
    - If you want a discussion specifically with other women, you may want to post on the BBW board. Not that guys will never post in there, but it is intended as a protected space for BBW, and guys are asked not to get opinionated in discussions there.
    - The BHM/FFA board is aimed at big guys and female fat admirers, although it has always been pretty welcoming of others who want to jump into the discussions there. It also has some threads that overlap with the general fun had in the Lounge.
    - The difference between the Fat Sexuality and Weight Boards is not always clear, but the Fat Sexuality board was intended to be a forum for all sorts of aspects of being a sexual person while also being a fat person or being attracted to fat people, while the Weight Board is more focussed on the much narrower aspects of being turned on fatness, weight gain, and things like that (what sometimes get called the more fetish aspects of things, although then you can end up in a debate about the meaning of ‘fetish’;)
    - The main board is pretty much all other things fat related, Hyde Park is all things political related, and the Lounge is the catch all for people to hang out and have fun.

And sorry that none of this post was really having a discussion—I’ll do better next time! I just wanted to help you find your way around, since I love your approach :)

10. May 4, 2015 #10

RavnChild

RavnChild

RavnChild

Hey everyone,
    Sorry for the delay I am going through finals and had a lot of studying to do. I appreciate everyone's information its good to know stuff. Ho Ho Tai thanks for those kind words actually their is no prince. Something my mom is not to happy about I guess. Today The cable guy came by and I was wearing a star wars shirt and boy shorts. My mom apparently saw this cable guy as a potentual suiter cause she immedietly yelled at me saying I should have dressed up and that I was never gonna find a boyfriend like that. I just realized today that she's scared I might end up alone.

11. May 4, 2015 #11

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Hey, if you like wearing those clothes, you want to find a guy who likes you in those clothes..... rock being you, and find someone who loves who that 'you' is!

12. May 5, 2015 #12

mulrooney13

mulrooney13

mulrooney13

Cruciverbalist

I also noticed that there seems to be fewer people on here these days than back when I first started posting a few years ago. It's a shame because I enjoy talking to new people.

13. May 9, 2015 #13

FlashHeart

FlashHeart

FlashHeart

Joor Zah Frul

Have to agree it doesn't seem very active which is a shame cause from what I've seen this is a great place. And your mom is mistaken Ravnchild aloooot of guys would find star wars tee and boy shorts quite :smitten:

Apologies for lack of quotes :)

14. May 9, 2015 #14

RavnChild

RavnChild

RavnChild

Well I am absolutely willing to converse with anyone feel free to message me anytime. :) and thanks for the support on my clothing items ha ha trust me my mom hastn been able to change me yet and I am in my late 20s so it ain't gonna happen.

FlashHeart likes this.
  15. May 9, 2015 #15

JolieRonde

JolieRonde

JolieRonde

From France to USA

Hello,i'm a newbie too, and sometimes found the forum a little slow.Nice to have conversations with everyone wants to.
    Don't worry about your shirt , Star Wars rocks!
    Dark Vador is the prince of my heart :D

FlashHeart likes this.
  16. May 10, 2015 #16

FlashHeart

FlashHeart

FlashHeart

Joor Zah Frul

Same here always interesting talking to new people :) was actually wondering if there were any other places like this but a bit more active. Maybe make a thread..... Hmmm. Anyways GO THE VADER!!!!!!!