Lived a little and wiser for it

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BBW Betty

Made My Saving Throw
"Not having a boyfriend does not make you any less of a person. In fact, learning to take care of yourself economically, socially, and any other way will show what a strong individual you are. Don't let anyone else treat you as less."

"You are smarter than you realize. Work with the tools God gave you and do something full-filling with your life."

Oh, and subscribing.

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
"Not having a boyfriend does not make you any less of a person. In fact, learning to take care of yourself economically, socially, and any other way will show what a strong individual you are. Don't let anyone else treat you as less."

Exactly- I really like this one :bow:

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
Learn how to change your own flat tire. If you can change a flat in heels, you can do anything. ;)

SocialbFly

I am keeping Tina!
I am so brave in everything else, and i am an absolute puss at love, so i would tell my younger self to take a risk, dive in, go for it...even if it was a mistake, it was a mistake well lived.

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
I'd also add that being happy (to me) is definitely a state of mind. Waking up in a bbad mood can quickly be changed by counting all your blessings.

spiritangel

AmandaClause
That my mother is wrong and that I am lovable at any size

that I am not only worthy of love but deserve it

that I am amazing and more talented than I will know

not to be afraid to dance, sing or charge after your dreams

and to not listen to anyone who puts you down because they will not have the amazing adventures you have had

Has anyone read the Richard Bach book running from safety where he talks to his 10 year old self?

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Never ever EVER settle for anyone or anything.

Don't be so quick to reason away red flags. Listen to your intuition.

Don't compromise yourself because you're afraid of making waves.
Make them. Ride them. Own them.

You are loved. You are lovely. You are unbelievably lovable.

You pissed somebody off? Good. That means you took a stand. Look for common ground, but always stay true to your convictions.

It's never too late until you're dead.

spiritangel

AmandaClause
this thread is awesome and full of so much beautiful wisdome just wanted to say thanks everyone for sharing :)

Lamia

Like OMG!!
What people think about you really and truly does not matter, but I know you care too much and won't stop limiting yourself because of it.

When a guy is hanging around you and always asking you questions and being interested in what you have to say that means he like you. If you're not sure ask him. Guys like the direct approach. Guys do not normally waste time getting to know a girl they're aren't romantically interested in. (this doesn't count if they're always asking you about your cute friend)

If you get a bad feeling about something act on it, don't wait for it to play out.

Someone yelling "fatty" at you is their shame not yours.

Salon products really are better for your hair than the store

Spending time with someone isn't always about you, sometimes it's about being there for someone else you selfish brat.

Eat as much as you want, but make healthy choices. Stop eating processed crap!

Stop drinking soda it's evil.

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
There is nothing wrong with wanting something.

There is nothing wrong with wanting what you want.

There is nothing wrong with going for the things you want from life.

It's okay to relax and take a break once in a while.

Everything around you is not falling apart or wrong.....it's just you making it seem that way because of what's wrong inside of you.

The people around you are not always automatically better than you are...even if they act like it and try to convince you of it.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
You're far more than 'good enough' for a runner-up. You're the grand prize.

Even if ten men are chasing you- if they aren't what you want - don't let them catch you just because there's no one more suitable on the immediate horizon.

You're not your mother. You're not becoming your mother. You have the blessings and curses of being her child but you get to choose whether or not to follow her example.

You can have a happy childhood. The second one is up to you.

Stop looking over your shoulder and move forward with your life. Let the dead bury the dead.

Even classy women have the right to say Go Fuck Yourself.

snuggletiger

Clowns Fear Me
I would tell my younger self
1. Don't gamble. Costs too much money.
2. The cute girl with the bitch attitude really is a stinky loser. And no amount of shine can make her look redeemable
3. You will always have it better then billions of poor slops out there so don't feel a twinge of regret because you are blessed. Enjoy the blessings.
4. Don't be indecisive. Make a decision and go with it. 30 second shot clocks are for people who think too much.
5. Don't apologize.

LovelyLiz

I would tell my younger self
1. Don't gamble. Costs too much money.
2. The cute girl with the bitch attitude really is a stinky loser. And no amount of shine can make her look redeemable
3. You will always have it better then billions of poor slops out there so don't feel a twinge of regret because you are blessed. Enjoy the blessings.
4. Don't be indecisive. Make a decision and go with it. 30 second shot clocks are for people who think too much.
5. Don't apologize.
You've learned some interesting things in your life as a fat woman, snuggletiger... ;)

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
*it's not him that you're having trouble trusting but rather yourself

*just because you've slipped, more than once, doesn't mean that you won't get it right the next time

*sometimes the obvious shouldn't be ignored- there is something to be said for average

BubbleButtBabe

No one cares anyway
Stop worrying so much..Life is going to be how it is going to be and worrying about it wont change things..

If you want real change in your life then make it happen for yourself and no one else!

Travel more while you have the chance,before you body get so broke down it betrays you more then it gives you joy!

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
*You're not always wrong

*You're allowed to make a mistake once in a while

*If you make a mistake, there are not always dire consequences

*People don't always dislike you the way you think they do

*Breath- it will be okay.

*You are normal.

lypeaches

I didn't see these little nuggets listed yet....

#1 Before you get married or seriously entangled with a man, take a good, long, hard look at his family, their dynamic, even their health issues, including mental health issues.

This does not mean necessarily that you should pass up "the one" despite problematic family issues, but it pays to go into a situation with your eyes wide open. It matters more than you think it will.

#2 Ditto the money issues. In terms of a relationship, it matters more than you think it will. Have a concrete plan on how you plan to deal with finances with a partner.

Latest posts