Lunch

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tracyarts

Ham and Swiss cheese sandwich with some pickled okra and a pickled spicy hard boiled quail egg. I've never eaten pickled hard boiled quail eggs before, but they're apparently a popular thing here. It was ok. Flavor was good but the texture was weird to me, especially the yolk. It turns to paste during pickling and I wasn't expecting that, so it was kind of off putting. I'll try one again though. Maybe they'll grow on me now that I know what to expect.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
left-over chili con carne on rice, some plain yoghurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon, some celery, class of milk, and a chocolate chip cookie. We are out of bananas so I'm looking for something else to finish sating me, but the pickings get thin by Friday (we mostly do groceries Saturday through Monday)

Orchid

Leftover sweet potato few slices panfried in a little olive oil with herbamare salt seasoning.
The last 3 fish sticks and some lemon.
A plum tomato.
Small bunch of green grapes.
Orange/Ceylon tea with flowers honey.

Orchid

Cook in small soup pan, variety mixed vegetables with 1/3 bouillon cube.

Cynthia

Roasted veggies and melted Jarlesberg cheese with Dijon mustard and a smidgen of Duke's mayo on a toasted croissant

For quick, perfectly "roasted" veggies, use an air fryer. I like to buy fresh veggie kabobs to save prep time. Just slide them off the skewer and go!

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
^Wait, why do you take them off skewer (before?) 'roasting?' How else do you prepare them before going into the air fryer?A little olive oil and seasoning? How long or hot should they cook? Or just eyeball it?

Orchid

The last 3 fish fingers from freezer.
A slice of rye bread from freezer, toasted next to the fish fingers in same pan.
Plum tomato and 3 green olives.
Small glass mango guanabana juice.

Cynthia

^Wait, why do you take them off skewer (before?) 'roasting?' How else do you prepare them before going into the air fryer?A little olive oil and seasoning? How long or hot should they cook? Or just eyeball it?
Hi, Yakatori! I undress the skewer because I have an eensy basket fryer which is about the size of a big bowl. As for preparation, lots of things work for me:

1) Spray on olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with herbs &/or spices -- whatever sounds interesting.
2) Brush on a nice vinaigrette, e.g., balsamic, Greek, etc.
3) Cook the veggies naked. (The taste is still terrific.)

For one serving of thick-cut veggies, I'd air fry them about 8-9 minutes, maybe longer If i want them more charred.

Orchid

Mini spelt pancakes.
Cheddar cheese.
Plum tomato.
Tea & 1 tsp brown sugar.

Orchid

Tea & 1 tsp brown sugar.
Rye bun with few pieces fried fish and sauce.
Few green olives and a plum tomato.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
I have an eensy basket fryer which is about the size of a big bowl...2) Brush on a nice vinaigrette, e.g., balsamic, Greek, etc..
Someone in my household elected to purchase the Emeril Lagasse branded air-fryer, which I really expected to be kind of silly, gimmicky, but has actually turned out to be very useful tool, despite it's relatively small size (compared to the regular oven). It heats up and cooks so quickly and with that automated shut-off. Perfect for couch potatoes 'cooking' between commercial breaks and chronic multi-taskers alike.

I'll have to try that, some of my favorite vinaigrettes as a seasoning/marinade, that just makes sense intuitively.
penne al arrabiata with mini mozzarella cheese and homegrown basil...
I always read a distinct flavor in your food presentations that's paradoxically continental versus playful/rustic. Maybe your muffins are a better example. Or maybe I'm just projecting, somehow.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
...bread from freezer...
This sort of exemplifies my idea of the difference between a true-scene versus any other subculture; like you could be in a subculture without ever being so conscious or particularly thoughtful about any of it. Whereas scenesters are necessarily compelled to talk about it, to share it, and maybe even beyond just each other. It's interesting to me because most of the bread-freezers I can recall having interacted with seemed a bit reticent on both that topic and others.

Orchid

I forgot to eat lunch. Was very busy sorting out glass beads and making a necklace when sitting for pause.

Latest posts