• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Mary Kay!!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I can't believe there's no thread about Mary Kay here. Okay, I admit it. I love Mary Kay skin care. I've been a drug store junkie for years but in all honesty the single best skincare line that I have ever used came from Mary Kay. Some products are hit or miss but for the most part, my skin seems to respond lovingly towards Mary Kay skincare.

Which brings me to my biggest source of contention with it. I HATE that it has to be purchased through a consultant. I'm a control freak. I don't want to look in anybody's face or have someone following me through the store or hassling me. I like to browse, look at things, read the labels, smell, test a little on my hand, think it over, etc. With a consultant sitting there clutching everything spoon feeding me every goddamned thing I get, only showing me what s/he wants me to see and having to wait till next meeting to try something s/he didn't bring with them this time - really annoyed and frustrated with them no matter who it is. If you need more stuff, you can't just go get it. You have to contact them and work around each other's schedules, wait for them to bring it to you. If you move to a new town or s/he moves or life throws a curve you have to grapple with that too.

I don't like the feeling of being pressured either. I find the makeup line drab and not to my liking. I'm not interested in the makeup but the rep is always pressuring me to look at it anyway even though I've already said no. And if I DO happen to like something I gotta buy 40 of them because it will definitley be discontinued by the time I run out of it. I really hate feeling like I'm buying crack from a dealer so I end up giving up on the whole product and going back to the drugstore.

Recently I've gone back to Mary Kay skin care. My skin was in such bad shape that I had to. Plus I'm getting older and my skincare needs are changing. The stuff I used before will not be appropriate now. I simply had to talk to a rep and hoped that this one would be one of those casual Reps. You know the ones. One of those people who only sells the product so they can get the discount. They don't care one way of the other if I buy or not. They'll tell me what I need to know and sell me what I need to buy and leave me alone otherwise. No such luck for me, I've got a total Stepford from HELL and I am just SO frustrated with having to deal with her. I don't want to be mean. She's nice enough and since she works at the same office I work for I gotta keep smiling. I'd prefer to just buy it on ebay.

Anyway, sorry to gripe so much. I just thought I'd start a thread about Mary Kay. :) If you have anything at all to say just post away. Here's what I'm using right now:

• Formula 2 Cream Cleanser
  • Formula 1 Hydrating Refresher
  • Formula 2 Balancing Moisturizer
And I'm getting a mineral powder to try.

Latest posts

Back