Meant to be Single?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Saoirse

I can say that I'm in a relationship, and I spend more time wishing I was single. I am not sure I enjoy being with someone. I like the freedom of coming and going. I like the freedom to read all night if I choose. I like the freedom of going to a girlfriends house without questions.

:: shrug ::

I think I'm meant to be single.

you can still do all those things and be in a relationship, if you find a laid back one .

cinnamitch

I’m old so shut up
I enjoy being single. I was married for 15 years and I find that I like living my life on my terms. I have been single for 12 years now and in all probability will remain single and I would say it's 99% my choice. Once in a blue moon I miss having someone around, but it doesn't last long.

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
I can say that I'm in a relationship, and I spend more time wishing I was single. I am not sure I enjoy being with someone. I like the freedom of coming and going. I like the freedom to read all night if I choose. I like the freedom of going to a girlfriends house without questions.

:: shrug ::

I think I'm meant to be single.

now think of the POSITIVE things rather then the negative......:p

I enjoy being single. I was married for 15 years and I find that I like living my life on my terms. I have been single for 12 years now and in all probability will remain single and I would say it's 99% my choice. Once in a blue moon I miss having someone around, but it doesn't last long.

I am single for 12 yrs as well...I love going/coming when I please, deciding to just go to the movies at the drop of a hat....men frustrate me and make life too complicated.....especially during the HOLIDAYS I am happy to be alone rather then WISH I WAS lol.....true I haven't met the right guy...but at this point...I am okay with that...kittys & dogs rock and have as much love as I NEED TODAY...so grateful

Blackhawk2293

Still tired of life
Yeah I've been sure for a long time that I am meant to be single. It took me a while to deal with all the implications of such a realisation and in the back of my mind once in a while the thought "wouldn't it be nice if..." just pops in there. But then I realize that my consistently transient lifestyle is not one that is meant to be shared.

But that's just me, there are plenty who perceive things differently... especially when it comes to relationships.

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
The bolded part especially caught me. I find that I do sometimes wonder if its worth the effort. I like companionship, to love and be loved, sex of course, but I'm not sure about being able to give the effort that's required to keep that all going. Sometimes I really do just want to be alone. I'm just processing all that's happened in the past few years and my entire life as a whole. Its strange, I find that the older I get the less sure I am about things. When I was younger things were so much more black and white, or clear. That's why I love visiting the boards here. I'm learning so much about different people, places, types of relationships...its all very fascinating to me. :happy:

I have the opposite problem. I find that the older I get, the more I am sure that I was meant to be alone. I don't agree that giving up on finding someone will make you bitter and unhappy. I am 45 (almost 46) and I can say that I am not miserable without having a man in my life. I can say that not dating or being in a relationship has helped me be more in tune with what I want. I spend more time focusing on bettering myself these days instead of doing things for a significant other. Being alone has offered me the luxury of doing what I want to do (that's not meant to sound selfish). In fact, I think that giving up the fight kind of helped me let go of the anxiety and frustration of dating. Don't get me wrong...if the right guy came along I would be happy to open up my life to him--I just don't think that this man exists, for me.

Pandasaur

Dates ONLINE :confused:...I am not sure what this even means.....?
Curious though...is this skyping and considered a *relationship* or *date*

I meant that I was contacted by the person on an online dating site first before going on a date with them. Each date ended badly

Latest posts