• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

mixed signals from dads...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waitingforsuperman

annmarie says i'm snarky
well, the women have their own thread.

my father and i possibly have the worst relationship possible given that i was never physically or sexually abused.

however, i was always taught that beauty is only skin deep and that true beauty comes from inside. this lines up entirely with my christian upbringing. after all, "man looks on outward appearances, while the Lord looks on the heart."

meanwhile, my ex-girlfriend, who was about 5 foot 2 and 220 pounds, while both my parents were kind to her always, seemed to draw something from my parents. they never said anything to either of us. i never overheard anything. i doubt they said anything. but i know, simply because i know my parents well, that they wondered why i would want to date a fat girl.

my current girlfriend - and soon to be fiance (or is it two e's?) - is about 5 foot 4 and nearly 300 pounds. we both aspire to do church work, especially with youth, full time professionally. we are more attracted to each other than anyone i've ever seen. we love so much of the same stuff. i don't imagine that it's possible that anyone could fit me better. neither of my parents have met her. i don't talk to my dad, after all. but my mom and she have talked on the phone quite a bit. my mom seems to really like her. however, when i showed her a picture, my mom seemed surprised and not entirely pleased with the fact that she's... fat.

these are two prodigiously contradictory messages. on the one hand, it doesn't matter what somebody looks like, while on the other, i could (according to them) do better than "a fat girl."

does it matter that i'll likely never meet anyone who loves me or i love more, or who fits me better - regardless of her weight? how could i do better than that?

while never insulting girlfriends, my dad has made fun of me because i like bigger girls. again, this is contradictory.

i'm sure other guys here have gotten the same mixed signals from their folks about dating big girls. is anyone up for sharing?

Latest posts

Back