My biggest fear is...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigWheels

It's OK, I bite back
So I looked for a thread with this topic & failing to find one, I'll throw out the first pitch...

:eek::shocked:My BIGGEST fear is -:shocked::eek:

Dying alone. Not the dying part, but the no one noticing for several days (or longer).

I also fear like the antibiotic resistant (is it viruses or bacteria??) germs. I always joked about someone catching something Ajax won't scrub off, but damn! The illnesses are getting tougher to deal with.

So what scares you the most?:eek:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Oooh, interesting topic!

Spiders.
Electric showers.
People yelling at me.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
OK, what the hell is an electric shower?
Hahaha, sounds a lot cooler than it is! Just a regular bathroom shower but one of the ones that is heated by electricity rather than drawing from the hot and cold taps!

BigWheels

It's OK, I bite back
Hahaha, sounds a lot cooler than it is! Just a regular bathroom shower but one of the ones that is heated by electricity rather than drawing from the hot and cold taps!
OK, that does sound dangerous... so the electric is on the showerhead somewhere??? Or do you mean like an electric water heater (I think we call them the same things)?

Yeah I guess electricity is a good healthy fear. Keeps your hair from becoming frizzzy!!!!!!!!!:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
Moths. Most flying insects, really. And milli/centipedes.

Neurodegenerative diseases. I'd readily kill myself before Alzheimer's.

That my standards are far too high/I'm too particular for my own good.

My growing homicidal urges.

That the government will start monitoring me for my jokes about homicidal urges.

Macanudo

My biggest fear is not being able to tell what i think and being judge for that, how do you feel when someone judge you for like BBW?

And i also fear trade my principles for advantages.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
OK, that does sound dangerous... so the electric is on the showerhead somewhere??? Or do you mean like an electric water heater (I think we call them the same things)?

Yeah I guess electricity is a good healthy fear. Keeps your hair from becoming frizzzy!!!!!!!!!:shocked::shocked::shocked:
The electricity is in the shower... um... box, thingy. There is a plastic box with dials on the inside of the shower cubical and the only thing separating the electric circuits from the water is a bit of plastic inside the box.... urg. *shivers*

tankyguy

I can see the big furry ones that go 'thud' against your window, but even little millers?

Most flying insects, really. And milli/centipedes.
What about fireflies?

Also, ditto on centipedes. Millipedes not as much. For me, it's earwigs. They get into everything.

That my standards are far too high/I'm too particular for my own good.
The thing about standards; sometimes something will catch you off guard and you'll totally not even worry or care it doesn't fit all your preconceived criteria.

My growing homicidal urges.

That the government will start monitoring me for my jokes about homicidal urges.
You probably don't want to start reading conspiracy theories (or even publicly admitted facts for that matter) about the ECHELON program, then. :p

The good news is as long as those urges are against lone private citizens who aren't in the government, they really don't care.
:D

My fears:

-That ultimately my personality flaws have left me unlovable; that when my parents pass away I will be alone.

-That I will never have a stable job (that I can tolerate) to support myself.

-The Fermi paradox scares the bejeebers out of me.

RabbitScorpion

vienna carrier-no venom
That if one person in a million feels a need to rule the world, there are 7,000 people who will stop at nothing to take control of it.

Jim Miller

My biggest fear is that civilization will regress into a conservative religious minefield of tribal societies where women are property, ethnic groups murder each other, and art, technology, and liberty all vanish from the living memory of all but a few rich people. We live today in the best times humanity has ever seen, yet we don't act like it, and I fear that most people don't even realize how good we have it. It seems like it's a race, sometimes, between education and humanism on one side and faith and conflict on the other.

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
My biggest fear is that civilization will regress into a conservative religious minefield of tribal societies where women are property, ethnic groups murder each other, and art, technology, and liberty all vanish from the living memory of all but a few rich people. We live today in the best times humanity has ever seen, yet we don't act like it, and I fear that most people don't even realize how good we have it. It seems like it's a race, sometimes, between education and humanism on one side and faith and conflict on the other.
I call shenanigans...

Jim Miller

You don't have to agree with it, of course. I don't agree with your destruction of spiders. But it is honestly my biggest fear.

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
Ok when I see a spider, I run and all sensible reaction goes out of the window. I have a real genuine fear of the little buggers. Now are you telling me that you’re actually living in fear of the original statement you made.

“My biggest fear is that civilization will regress into a conservative religious minefield of tribal societies where women are property”

Really?

“ethnic groups murder each other”

Then don’t turn on the news.

“art, technology, and liberty all vanish from the living memory of all but a few rich people. We live today in the best times humanity has ever seen, yet we don't act like it, and I fear that most people don't even realize how good we have it. It seems like it's a race, sometimes, between education and humanism on one side and faith and conflict on the other.”

… and puppies are put into blenders, kittens are publicly burned. Why wont someone please think of the children.

REALLY!

Maybe I’m being a dick but here’s why. Big wheels posted something that I think was genuine, and you have gone for an easy preachy thread hijack looking for some kudos. You’re not the only person who has done this ever though, An honourable mention goes to Macanudo for his effort.

“My biggest fear is not being able to tell what i think and being judge for that, how do you feel when someone judge you for like BBW?”

Well that is a convenient fear.

Thus I call SHENANIGANS.

Tad

mostly harmless
I'm with Amaranthine about neuro-degenerative diseases....one of my grandfather's died of alzheimers, and I got to see how it robbed him of himself over the years--I fear that, and wouldn't want to put those around me through it, but ever since he was diagnosed I've felt a sense of doom that I'll have it too. Maybe part of why being fat doesn't bother me too much, as some point I think I want something else to take me down quickly (he was in great health until his brain was so scrambled it couldn't keep his body running anymore).

I hate feeling at like I can't breathe--do not, ever, put your hand over my mouth! (I generally either can't breathe through my nose, or can't get enough air through it). You know the classic TV bit where the hostages have their mouths duct-taped? I'm pretty sure I'd completely lose it.

Most of my other fears are for family.

LeoGibson

Happy
Ok when I see a spider, I run and all sensible reaction goes out of the window. I have a real genuine fear of the little buggers. Now are you telling me that you’re actually living in fear of the original statement you made.

“My biggest fear is that civilization will regress into a conservative religious minefield of tribal societies where women are property”

Really?

“ethnic groups murder each other”

Then don’t turn on the news.

“art, technology, and liberty all vanish from the living memory of all but a few rich people. We live today in the best times humanity has ever seen, yet we don't act like it, and I fear that most people don't even realize how good we have it. It seems like it's a race, sometimes, between education and humanism on one side and faith and conflict on the other.”

… and puppies are put into blenders, kittens are publicly burned. Why wont someone please think of the children.

REALLY!

Maybe I’m being a dick but here’s why. Big wheels posted something that I think was genuine, and you have gone for an easy preachy thread hijack looking for some kudos. You’re not the only person who has done this ever though, An honourable mention goes to Macanudo for his effort.

“My biggest fear is not being able to tell what i think and being judge for that, how do you feel when someone judge you for like BBW?”

Well that is a convenient fear.

Thus I call SHENANIGANS.
My hero! :D