• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

My job makes my feet hurt.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I just started a new job about five weeks ago at McDonalds. I work about 25-40 hours a week depending on when they need me. I've worked in food service in the past but I was smaller and didn't work as many hours. Now that I'm about 350 pounds and working about 30 hours a week (36 this week:/), my feet, calves and ankles just KILL me. I bought brand new shoes with arch support but they still ache and ache and sometimes I just want to cry by the end of my shift they hurt so bad. Today I couldn't take it so I asked to leave after 6 hours (I was supposed to work 7) because we were pretty slow anyway. My manager had no problem with me leaving early but I still felt bad but my feet just hurt so bad I could barely stand any longer. My ankles and feet have been swelling up because of it too.

Anyone else work in a job that requires hours of standing? More importantly, does anyone have any suggestions of how to minimize this?

Latest posts

Back