Not sure if it's my insecurities talking or I am seeing a red flag.

Discussion in 'BBW/FA Board' started by FatBarbieDoll, Jun 14, 2019 at 8:26 AM.

1. Jun 14, 2019 at 8:26 AM #1

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll

What do you make of it when a guy is supposedly attracted to your large body but does not want to be fat himself? I am talking to a seemingly great guy with whom there is supposedly mutual attraction and chemistry. This man has talked about wanting to, as they call it, "get ripped" and works out -- sometimes, at least, if I am correct. I don't know how often he does it or if he has even stuck to it at all.

Anyway, if I recall correctly, he has talked about getting rid of belly fat (or something along those lines). At most, he has a little bit of pudge, but is pretty much thin.
    I ask myself if he can be genuinely attracted to me, a woman who is obviously fat at 300 pounds and has a very large, round gut when he does not want to have a body like mine.

happily_married likes this.
  2. Jun 14, 2019 at 9:06 AM #2

SUCH GOOD DIAMONDS

SUCH GOOD DIAMONDS

SUCH GOOD DIAMONDS

I am really thin and athletic. I jog and I eat specific health foods and I am intense about my diet. That being said I love bigger girls. And I like staying thin because I want to be in good shape so bigger girls like me. I want big girls to like me as much as I want big girls so I stay thin if that makes sense.

3. Jun 14, 2019 at 9:28 AM #3

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll

Would you say you are very health conscious and rarely eat junk food and get regular exercise? It seems that is what you said. I just am a bit skeptical he could really want me when he does not want to look like me. Is it like a fat body is "bad" or "gross" but not if it's his lover's?

4. Jun 14, 2019 at 9:41 AM #4

SUCH GOOD DIAMONDS

SUCH GOOD DIAMONDS

SUCH GOOD DIAMONDS

Yeah generally health conscious. I don't like lift weights to be crazy or anything but I stay in shape. But I love big girls I think girls with big butts and tummies are really hot. So like I stay in fit shape because like I can go for a jog while she eats cake because I like big girls so I stay fit because I appreciate her you know.

5. Jun 14, 2019 at 11:18 AM #5

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

It's really common to find fit/athletic guys into fat women, or visa versa with fat guys. You don't have to want to be fat yourself to be attracted to fat people, the two things aren't really related.

@happily_married is a good example of a fit, health focus man who is attracted to much larger women, for instance (hope you don't mind me name dropping you here, HM!)

Shotha and happily_married like this.
  6. Jun 14, 2019 at 12:27 PM #6

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

I don’t mind at all! I couldn’t be mad at you if I tried!

OP, I’ll second @SUCH GOOD DIAMONDS take on it. I don’t work our hard so bigger girls will like me* (already married anyway) I work out because I like being in shape and looking a certain way. But that doesn’t mean I want that from my partner.

It’s somewhat ironic because I’ve worked out with some insanely fit women who are the envy of every guy in the gym, and yet she doesn’t even make me hard!

There’s nothing abnormal about how the guy you’re talking to feels. It also isn’t an indictment on your body that he doesn’t want to have the male version of it. There’s no substance at all to that dynamic, attraction simply doesn’t work that way.

Be confident in yourself. You’ve posted enough pics here so I know what you look like and you have every reason to strut your stuff and believe it when a guy of any shape or size says he is attracted to you.

*my wife isn’t the most visually stimulated woman but every now and again she makes a comment about what she likes. Sometimes I can’t do anything about it, but a lot of times I can. She likes chest, shoulders, and biceps for example. Guess what I do? I work my ass off in the weight room, esp those muscle groups for her specifically because I want her to want to eat me alive every time she sees me w no shirt on.

loopytheone likes this.
  7. Jun 14, 2019 at 2:10 PM #7

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

I'm skinny, underweight in fact, and wouldn't like myself big. However, I'm a member of Dims for a reason: I'm an FFA and happy to be one.

So yes, it's very possible your guy is into you. Good luck :)

happily_married likes this.
  8. Jun 14, 2019 at 3:02 PM #8

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

And in fact getting involved with you may motivate him towards the gym -- both because he may assume that is what you want, and ti heighten the contrast.

If that is not the look you like in a guy, then you need to find a tactful way to let him know.

9. Jun 14, 2019 at 3:08 PM #9

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll

How do you define "big", though? I am guessing you really mean "a little overweight", like, a woman with a bit of pudge, not a 400-pound woman with a large, protruding belly, double chin, et cetera.

It's been my experience overwhelmingly that guys who look like you are not interested in women like me -- not even for just sex.

10. Jun 14, 2019 at 3:12 PM #10

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll

"It's really common to find fit/athletic guys into fat women..."

We must live on different planets or what you define as "fat" is not what I define as fat. I was on Tinder and am on Bumble, though have not been motivated to use it since talking to this man and, save for less than 5 occasions (2-3, roughly), I never, ever matched/match with fit, attractive men. The ultra few times I did, however, the conversation went straight to sex and then the guys just stopped replying, unmatched me, whatever.

In my opinion and experience, fit men may not necessarily desire a thin woman, but that does not mean they want one my size (300 pounds) either.

I can all but 100% guarantee I will be rejected on Bumble if I come across the profile of a fit man and swipe right.

11. Jun 14, 2019 at 3:20 PM #11

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll

I already think he looks wonderful and would love him just the way he is. I hope he is my promise.

12. Jun 14, 2019 at 3:59 PM #12

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

I can’t speak for him, but as a fit guy whose wife weight about 416 pounds at this time last year I can’t tell you this: I loved it. I’ve said it here before, that I’m not fixated on a number on the scale, but when she told me she had passed 400 pounds it made me nothing short of proud to know my wife was that big. To know that the woman I’m married to is the biggest partner I’ve ever been with.

Not only that, but for over 9 years of our 13+ years of marriage she has weighed over 300 pounds. Of that 9 years probably 5 of them have been over 350, with 1 year and some change north of 400 pounds.

I do understand your hesitation to believe me, especially because of some of the experiences you’ve mentioned. Even I’ve encountered the “it’s ok to fuck fat chicks but not to be in a relationship with one and you’re a loser of you marry one” narrative. But not all guys are worried about that. I sure as hell am not. This guy seems interested be cautious but optimistic. Being overly defensive may result in him pulling away.

13. Jun 14, 2019 at 4:18 PM #13

John Smith

John Smith

John Smith

Like I've once said to somebody here on this forum who suggested that aiming our attraction toward fat amd gaining people might been hypicrite if the woo-er wouldn't be large or enlarging thyself, a straight man can be deawn into large-breasted or bottom-heavy women and not desiring to be large-breasted or bottom-heavy himself.

Desiring a peculiar category of people doesn't meant we want to be the very people.

14. Jun 14, 2019 at 6:13 PM #14

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Maybe a better way to say it is that thin FA make up a large portion of all FA. No, most thin people are not FA, but then again most fat people are not FA either. Basically what size you are doesn't have a lot to do with what sizes you are attracted to.

More importantly, if he treats you well in public and in private, then I would trust his actions.

loopytheone likes this.
  15. Jun 15, 2019 at 4:36 PM #15

Bama

Bama

Bama

I wouldn't be concerned about him not wanting to have a body like yours in determining if this guy is worth your time. Your only concerns should be how he treats you in private, how he treats you in public, and if he's even wanting to spend time with you in public. As long as he is wanting to be with you in public and treating you well at all times, then don't worry about him wanting to get ripped. Just be sure that he knows that you are who you are and that he's not allowed to try to change you are try to influence you to change.
    It is possible for a person that is "ripped" or trying to be, to be attracted to a fat woman. Whether slightly chunky, fat, very fat, extremely fat, or morbidly obese; guys of all sizes find women in all of these size ranges sexy and beautiful. I, for one, am a power lifter and body builder. I have been told that I have a "ripped" body. I am attracted to fat women, BBWs, chunky girls, thick women, or whatever you want to call them. I wouldn't encourage my girlfriend to lose weight or exercise or eat healthy. If she wanted to go into my gym sometimes, that would be her choice. You would be surprised to find out how many weightlifters and gym rats are out there with fat girlfriends.

16. Jun 15, 2019 at 4:50 PM #16

Bama

Bama

Bama

I'm not sure why you've been having such a row of bad luck with men. I know that some guys can be jerks but not all of us are. Hopefully, things will be ok with this guy. There really are some fit/athletic guys out there that are into fat women. I know this because I am one of them.

17. Jun 16, 2019 at 3:36 AM #17

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I haven't always been fat but I've always been an FA. I used to be a thin FA and now I'm a fat FA.