Post 5 random facts about yourself!

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by Esther, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Jul 14, 2014 #761

biglynch

biglynch

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
    1. I'm a bad loser, and a worse winner.
    2. I'm desperate to start a business. However I'm full of fear about it.
    3. I still want to one day live in America.
    4. Without a doubt I'm the best cook I know.
    5. I make bad decisions, when angry.

2. Jul 14, 2014 #762

bayone

bayone

bayone

1. I have a bit of graphite embedded in my left arm from falling on a pencil when I was seven. It’s my only tattoo.
    2. I used to walk past a blacksmith’s shop every day on my way to middle school. It wasn’t exactly doing a roaring business, but it was open.
    3. I’ve illustrated two books and once tried to use my photo on the back cover of one as ID when I got carded.
    4. I spent several months in Japan as an adolescent. Sumo wrestlers! Yay!
    5. I use a pen/pencil left-handed, but do most other things right-handed.

3. Jul 14, 2014 #763

biglynch

biglynch

biglynch

We have something in common. This is my pencil tattoo on my little finger.

IMG_20140714_013238.jpg

4. Jul 14, 2014 #764

Saisha

Saisha

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces

1. I have a scar on my left hand between my thumb and first finger from a wood carving accident that looks like the emblem of Bullseye BBQ sauce.
    2. I once drove 1.5 hrs for a copy of Saturday Evening Post magazine just because I was bored.
    3. I love horseback riding and horses but can't stand to see racing of any sort.
    4. I've never met either of my real grandfathers.
    5. Sometimes I wish they would have adults-only days at children's toy stores.

5. Jul 14, 2014 #765

bayone

bayone

bayone

Was yours Baden-Powell-related? I don't think Brownie uniforms have the little pencil dangling from the belt anymore.

6. Jul 14, 2014 #766

biglynch

biglynch

biglynch

Nope, I was straight up stabbed by fool in my class when I was about 10. I punched him hard in the nose.

7. Jul 14, 2014 #767

bayone

bayone

bayone

1. I had to look the emblem up. So it looks like a bull's head, face on?

8. Jul 14, 2014 #768

Saisha

Saisha

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces

Yeppers - like a longhorn cattle bull's head. Couldn't think how else to describe it as :doh:

9. Jul 14, 2014 #769

MsBrightside

MsBrightside

MsBrightside

If you don't mind telling us, what kind of business?

Here's my list:
    1. I won $15 in a crayon coloring contest at age 11 (the only contest I've ever won!)
    2. I was once accused of shoplifting in the gift shop of the Basilica San Marco in Venice.
    3. My family tree includes a guy who was the acknowledged illegitimate offspring of an English gentleman and his maid.
    4. I am a published author, but not of anything that anyone would want to read, given a free choice (technical stuff).
    5. Because there weren't enough boys whose voice had changed in my 6th grade choir, I had to sing the tenor part of the "Hallelujah Chorus".

10. Jul 14, 2014 #770

biglynch

biglynch

biglynch

Sure, I love antiques and have dabbled in buying and selling things in the past. I'd be really happy doing that on a larger scale. However. I would love to own a bar/restaurant. The big issue is its not very secure of a business at the moment. I have plans and ideas and things I'd like to do. The UK is just very temperamental at the moment.

11. Jul 14, 2014 #771

lille

lille

lille

1. I have a paralyzing fear of bicycles.
    3. I once choked a girl until she unconscious during a grappling match.
    4. I built a pair of skis by hand.
    5. I get super giggly when I drink.

12. Jul 14, 2014 #772

Hozay J Garseeya

Hozay J Garseeya

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

2. I can't count to five

:p

13. Jul 14, 2014 #773

lille

lille

lille

Oh dear.

2. I just wrote a 14 page paper and my brain is mush.

Laina and Hozay J Garseeya like this.
  14. Jul 14, 2014 #774

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

1. I used to eat pens, pencils, rulers, protractors... basically any stationary I could get into my mouth, until I was about 14.

2. My dog gave birth two weeks earlier than she was due... on my 16th birthday. The only girl from the litter gave birth several years later on the day before my birthday.

3. From the age of 18-23 I never took a shower, only baths. I've only recently got over my phobia of showers.

4. I've 100% completed the first five spyro games and the original crash bandicoot.

5. On the topic of scars, since I was born I have a scar like a backwards 'J' underneath my lip. Especially ironic as my name begins with J.

15. Jul 14, 2014 #775

fat9276

fat9276

fat9276

1. If I sleep anything less than 7 hours at night, I am pretty useless the next day.

2. I can't sleep/relax in the dark, if I know a closet door is open (thank you Stephen King).

3. I only like ice cold milk on my cereal.

4. I can't pick a favorite genre of music because my mood constantly changes. I like some of everything and more of certain types.

5. I LOVE geese and when I am near them, there is a gosling sound that I make that never fails to make them look at me, relax and begin to close their eyes. They don't scare me when they get territorial, as my Dad taught me how to grab them if they attack :D

16. Jul 14, 2014 #776

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

1. I’m a big fan of fans, and spend a lot of my Summer positioned in front of one of the several running in our house.

2. I’m also a big fan of naps, even short ones—I liken it to re-booting a computer, clearing out all the junk that has started eating up cycles and giving a fresh start

3. On my desk I have a 100 year calendar, which I really like. If I make it past 2079 I’ll really miss it :p

4. The first horse that I rode tried to roll on me, part way through the ride. I didn’t think I was doing anything to annoy it, but I was five years old, so I probably was. (fortunately when the horse kneeled down, some instinct prompted me to scramble off of it, before it started to roll around)

5. I played the double-bass for three years in school. I was told I was decent, but in all that time I never could tune it myself. Something in the way my head works would let me tell if something sounded wrong much, but I could never tell when it was just right. Made pursuing playing the instrument beyond classes at school kind of impractical.

fat9276 likes this.
  17. Jul 14, 2014 #777

fat9276

fat9276

fat9276

snipped, brevity and all that..

You and me both Tad. I can do without the air conditioner but I need my fans. I need and love lots of air circulation (even in winter... maybe due to a countryside upbringing). I sleep with a ceiling fan on high and a tower fan right next to me. I don't understand people who like the air so still and stuffy. I feel like I can't breathe without the air blowing all around :)

18. Jul 14, 2014 #778

Lil BigginZ

Lil BigginZ

Lil BigginZ

just a NORML guy

1) During the summers of my early adult life (18-23) my best friend and I use to call radio stations all day for contests. We got so good at figuring out the timing 94WYSP called us radio terrorists. We won tickets for concerts about one to two times a week. Free tickets and a $3 bus ride to Philly was always a good time.

2) I've lived in 7 states (NJ, PA, WV, MA, FL, MI, and WA) and have set foot in 22 states. One day I will complete my goal of road tripping the entire 48 lower states.

3) I had the nickname Pogo growing up because I got attacked by a dog and the only thing near me was a pogo stick. I had to beat a dog with a pogo stick so I could defend myself. The kids in my neighborhood started calling me Pogo.

4) I use to draw a lot when I was younger. Here is scan of a few drawings I did. When I was 15 I worked in my roommate's tattoo shop as a clean up person. All I did was sweep the floors and bullshit all day with the people. My dad had let this guy stay with us because he worked with his mom. I decided that I wanted to be a tattoo artist. So I made my own tattoo machine out of a spoon, motor from an RC car, pen, and sewing needles. I practiced on melons at first. Then I started tattooing myself. A friend asked me to tattoo him so I went for it. Ugh. I fucked it up so bad that it makes me physically ill just thinking about it. I stopped drawing and stopped even thinking about being a tattoo artist. I couldn't deal with the fact of fucking up someone's tattoo.

5) Sure, sex is good, but I would rather cuddle all night and watch horror movies.

19. Jul 15, 2014 #779

Laina

Laina

Laina

Passionately Apathetic

If it helps any, it was probably the saddle, not you, that caused the horse to roll. They trap a lot of heat and irritants against the skin, and horses roll to relieve itching. Or because they're jerks. (Less common, but still possible. Horses are terrible people.)

20. Jul 15, 2014 #780

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Good to know--although certainly 5 year old boys can be irritants at times! It didn't scare me off of riding, I've voluntarily done it several times since, but I can't say I've ever trusted horses after that. I'm not quite as extreme as Garrett on the topic, but his rants about horses do make me smile.