Post 5 random facts about yourself!

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by Esther, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Jul 15, 2014 #781

lille

lille

lille

I wouldn't say horses are terrible people. Ponies on the other hand are pure evil wrapped in cute. I love ponies but dear god, I'm pretty sure they are not equines and are really mischief demons.

2. Jul 15, 2014 #782

WhiteHotRazor

WhiteHotRazor

WhiteHotRazor

Time Travelling

I have a very demanding job that pays me a lot of money that I absolutely hate.

When angry I become extremely ruthless and want to see people suffer for fucking with me. Luckily, I'm a pretty chilled out person and don't get easily shaken.

I have a extreme addiction to music, I know a lot of people say this but you really don't understand haha

I am prone to headaches due to allergies and sinus problems.

I have a better memory than anyone I know, I wouldn't say "photographic" but close. It is a gift and curse because I always know when someone is lying and makes me extremely untrusting of most people.

3. Jul 15, 2014 #783

Laina

Laina

Laina

Passionately Apathetic

Used to ride a pony named Loki. Suspect that a) he was aptly named and b) you are on to something.

4. Jul 15, 2014 #784

bayone

bayone

bayone

But was he Sleipnir's mom?

Laina likes this.
  5. Jul 16, 2014 #785

MsBrightside

MsBrightside

MsBrightside

Both of those sound like they would be interesting to do. "Antiques Roadshow" is one of my favorite shows, although we see mostly the US version here. I always marvel at the expertise of the appraisers and wonder how they acquired their knowledge. It's not really something you can take a course in at most colleges here (Art Glass Appraisal 101 was not offered at my university.) I suppose you have to learn mostly through observation and experience.

One of my family members owns a buffalo burger restaurant. He enjoys it but has to work pretty long hours, even though he has a lot of help from his children.

I really hope you get the chance to pursue something you love. :)

6. Jul 17, 2014 #786

Fattitude1

Fattitude1

Fattitude1

learns from his mistakes

Coached about a dozen Little League teams as an adult, never played Little League as a kid.

old Lionel train junkie. (nonono... I am not an old junkie, I like old Lionel trains. Not old Lionel junk, but ... I mean... I'll take that... but the newer old stuff is ok.... ahh, forget it).

Own a 30' Chris Craft built in 1950,. identical to the one my family had when I was growing up.

LOVE my family and my friends

I was the high school organist in my junior and senior years. I no longer play.

7. Jul 17, 2014 #787

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Nice! Chris Craft always seem to be the best of the boats in that size range, to my eye....nice hulls, sensible cabins. My parents have always had a run-about so I've always looked at cabin cruisers somewhat dubiously, except for a sneaking jealousy of the ChrisCraft :p

8. Jul 17, 2014 #788

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

Personally, I love remembering what someone else said but they don't....it gives me something of an advantage from my view point ;)

9. Jul 18, 2014 #789

MattB

MattB

MattB

Epicurean

This is weird...I could've swore I had posted in this thread at some point. Oh well, I'm on Dims so often I may have just imagined I did....

1. My left thumb is half the size of my right thumb. I call him Stubby.

2. I was a dirty hockey player, and was soundly, openly, and often booed by hockey parents. I loved it. In Canada, booing 12 year-olds is not uncommon. I didn't care, I played without my glasses and couldn't see a thing anyways.

3. The first punk show I went to was MDC in Ottawa, October 20th 1989. (I was 15.) I still have the poster. If you do the math, that's a quarter of a century ago. Bloody hell!

4. I worked on a Canadian TV show in 2011 that no one saw, and we never did a second season. This month, three years later, that one season of glory got picked up by Netflix and Hulu and is now being seen pretty much everywhere. Nuts! It was on A+E in Latin America last year, but I don't know how my Spanish dubbed voice sounds.

5. When I was maybe 8 or 9 years old, I would stare at a coin to try and make it move with my mind. You'll be shocked to learn, it never did...

Green Eyed Fairy likes this.
  10. Jul 19, 2014 #790

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

1. I am the most geographically challenged adult there ever was. I never know where I am. I never know where things are in relation to other things. It's bad.

2. Camping is wonderful. And when a camping trip is combined with some safari-ing -- best holiday ever. Just wish insects didn't exist.

3. I've never exercised in a gym. Not once. But I adore working out at home on my own terms.

4. I'm having a cup of hot chocolate right now. I always mix just a tiny bit of coffee in there to round out the taste. It's amazing.

5. I am no longer a fan of birthdays, valentine's day, mother's day or father's day. But I think Christmas is pretty great. I like that it's become this whole festive season thing where families come together and eat to excess. And if, for some, that can be centered around something religiously meaningful, awesome.

11. Jul 19, 2014 #791

Mr kong

Mr kong

Mr kong

1. I travel to America as often as I can afford.

2. I still read wwe news sites every now and then.

3. I've had cancer. Totally free from it now.

4. I'm a restless person, but I can sunbathe for our
    without doing noting. Sunblock all over

5. My dream job is to be a journalist.

12. Jul 19, 2014 #792

biglynch

biglynch

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
    Oh I respect the guys that do the assessments so much. The knowledge they've gained is totally through the love of their subject. We have about 10 similar shows, and I watch the lot. I also watch pawn stars, storage wars and every variant in between. Its bad huh?

The bar thing is an easy one for me. I worked in a pub as a six job and it did not feel like work. I also wish we had a proper venue over here that's not some dodgy theme/chain place but with a dive like and American feel. It no secret that I love America, and I'd like to try and replicate a little bit of that over here. Burgers, rock music, tattoos, and good beer.

13. Jul 19, 2014 #793

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

I've kicked around the idea with a friend from Ireland about a doing a Texas BBQ place over there with not only BBQ, but some Tex-Mex faves and have an attached Texas-style icehouse/dancehall that also featured as many alt-country acts from over here and those across the pond as I could get booked in to play. Sadly, like most of my great ideas, I have no tangible way of executing it!

14. Jul 19, 2014 #794

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

This made me LOL. :bow:

15. Jul 19, 2014 #795

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

Damn dude, with a slight tweak on number 1.( I have a demanding job that I also hate, but mine doesn't pay me a lot of money, just more money than I could make doing anything else), this could be my list also.

Here's my 5 random facts.

1. I tend to come off as slightly cold, emotionless, and intimidating, but I'm very open and quite affectionate to the people I'm close to.

2. I once got me and a school partner an A on an oral report in Honors History class in High School about a review we had to do on a historically based movie, ours was Hamburger Hill, even though we never got together and actually watched the movie. I bull-shitted my way through it based on my knowledge of the Vietnam War and the back of the movie box and threw it over to him for mostly yes or no answers.

3. As noted above, I'm quite comfortable speaking publicly and don't really get nervous at all to do anything in front of people.

4. I can be very sarcastic to the point of hurting feelings even though I don't intend to. Thankfully I learned as I got older how to temper it and not be a dick.

5. I have been in all of the lower 48 states, Canada, and Mexico.

16. Jul 20, 2014 #796

MsBrightside

MsBrightside

MsBrightside

No, I love your enthusiasm (but you did make me laugh.) :p

My ignorance is showing. I'm not sure what a "six job" is--maybe a second job like moonlighting? :confused:

Sounds good to me. :cool: Something tells me that hanging out with you would be a lot of fun.

17. Jul 20, 2014 #797

biglynch

biglynch

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
    Six job is a mystery to me too. This tablet does produce the odd insane auto correct when I type. But yeah it was a second job.

Oh you're right, hanging out with me is pretty awesome. I've been with me a few times, and its great. Join me some time.;)

18. Jul 21, 2014 #798

JayDanger

JayDanger

JayDanger

1. I've never worked for a "boss" for more than a year at a time, and I've only had three or four actual "jobs" (gotta love entrepreneurship)

2. I actually can't stand getting drunk anymore. One sip of booze and I get nausea.

3. I'm embarrassingly in love with Disney movies. (especially Disney from 1992-1998)

4. I've never been further west than Chicago

5. I can't stand Adventure Time.

19. Jul 22, 2014 #799

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

I found this today. It's from 03-31-2009, 02:25 PM

Wow. :(

20. Jul 23, 2014 #800

MsBrightside

MsBrightside

MsBrightside

Sorry that you've had to deal with this, Surlysomething. My sister-in-law and 3 other ladies I know are also affected by MS. Three of them are doing quite well, fortunately; and the fourth one is much improved from where she was a few years ago. One of them bikes every April in the BP MS 150 ride from Houston to Austin, TX--that's about 170 miles (273 km)! She's also a working mom of 3 children--she's one tough chick! I hope that you've been able to manage your symptoms, too, and stay strong.