Prejudice!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Xfactor363

It is evident that BBWs are admired by all. But can anyone genuinely say that bigger men are equally liked by all? Oftentimes, in places like school, overweight boys are bullied or ridiculed by their normal-weight counterparts. This makes them remain solitary, away from the other children. Now in case of an overweight adult man, obnoxious remarks are made about his weight or shape. Barely would any woman date him, and the one who would, must be very tender-hearted.

Bigger women of various sizes may be in demand in kittenish or romantic affair of any man but if a bigger man, after a fashion, gets to date a woman, the woman might have to face reproach for the guy's weight. If the woman happens to be a skinny gorgeous damsel, just imagine the instance.

Specifically, is this frame of mind in people inbred, or is induced by media like TV? (I understand that the grounds I have raised are not customarily true, but let's consider the cases that occur.)

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Have you ever broken something, or had an entire cabinet of stuff fall all over the floor, and all you can do for a full minute is just stand there and look at it because it's just so daunting trying to figure out where to start with cleaning it all up?

That's kind of what it feels like right now looking at your mess of a post. There's so much wrong that I just... I don't know where to start.

Marlayna

It is evident that BBWs are admired by all. But can anyone genuinely say that bigger men are equally liked by all? Oftentimes, in places like school, overweight boys are bullied or ridiculed by their normal-weight counterparts. This makes them remain solitary, away from the other children. Now in case of an overweight adult man, obnoxious remarks are made about his weight or shape. Barely would any woman date him, and the one who would, must be very tender-hearted.

Bigger women of various sizes may be in demand in kittenish or romantic affair of any man but if a bigger man, after a fashion, gets to date a woman, the woman might have to face reproach for the guy's weight. If the woman happens to be a skinny gorgeous damsel, just imagine the instance.

Specifically, is this frame of mind in people inbred, or is induced by media like TV? (I understand that the grounds I have raised are not customarily true, but let's consider the cases that occur.)
No, not everyone who is a BBW is admired by all, not by a longshot, but certainly here at Dimensions.:smitten:
Fat guys don't have it any easier than fat women in society, but there are women who like bigger men, or at least don't automatically reject a man because he's fat.
Actually, I find a big guy with a good sense of humor, or musically talented, very sexy.
To answer your question, both, imo. However, using the term "skinny gorgeous damsel" make get you some negativity... but I know what you're saying.;)

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
It is evident that BBWs are admired by all.

Says who? Here maybe. Mind backing that up with some facts?

But can anyone genuinely say that bigger men are equally liked by all?

Can you genuinely say they're aren't? Everyone has different tastes. Aren't they entitled to them? Mind backing that up with some facts?

Oftentimes, in places like school, overweight boys are bullied or ridiculed by their normal-weight counterparts.
Bullying is common against many children, including girls

This makes them remain solitary, away from the other children. Now in case of an overweight adult man, obnoxious remarks are made about his weight or shape.
Obnoxious remarks are made by ignorant people about everyone, not just fat men

Barely would any woman date him, and the one who would, must be very tender-hearted.
Barely? Projecting a little here? Lots of FFAs and women who are attracted to anyone regardless of size as evidenced by a whole forum of fat guys here. What's wrong with tenderhearted? Is an abusive partner something desirable for you?

Bigger women of various sizes may be in demand in kittenish or romantic affair of any man but if a bigger man, after a fashion, gets to date a woman, the woman might have to face reproach for the guy's weight.
So do men who date fat women. But many of them ignore it, deal with it, or try to work on. The key is to have enough self-respect to be with a person who respects you.

If the woman happens to be a skinny gorgeous damsel, just imagine the instance.
We have fat gorgeous women here too, but if thin is your thing, again, have you visited our BHM forum? We gots plenty.

Nature vs nurture is the age-old question with many things. Rather than analyze it to death and throw everything that potentially sticks to the wall, how about you pull up your big boy pants. Whining is very unattractive and serves no one well.

BearHug2013

Media isn't the cause, it's only the first of many straws. It starts then moves to school, the playground, on the streets, and eventually in adulthood as a whole. I don't think men or women have it any better than the other, rather we have different but equal hurdles.
Like bigger women are taught to not expect more than a desperate booty call, while generally bigger men are taught why they shouldn't ever expect a woman of petite size to fall for them. Both stigmas are quite debilitating, which is why we should work to remove it.

superodalisque

i agree with you bearhug. and the weirdest thing of all about the stigma is that in reality it doesn't hold true -- too many slim folk loving dating and married to fat folk and loving it. yet it is still perceived as a negative by many. we really have our work cut out for us. the first thing being this idea that we are unlovable and unattractive since it just isn't true. saddest thing of all is that it is often reinforced within our own ranks even on a site literally and figuratively groaning with the weight of the desire of average sized "admirers".

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
In the south, larger size in males often has is own value. For instance, in school, coaches are always looking for "prime beefcake" for their football teams. My brother was one of these human refrigerators and he was snapped up to play every year until he graduated high school. And pity the fool that teased him - I did it a few times back then and retribution was swift and uncomfortable. (He also got a full college scholarship to play football.)

Not a football guy, how about rugby? Now there's some bad a** tough big guys (and girls this days). Don't care for getting beat up on the playing field every weekend? We have jobs for big guys as steer wresters, weight lifters, guards, bouncers, veterinarians, nurses, doctors, coaches, wildlife officers, sheriffs, college teachers, dads, horse trainers, farriers (puts shoes on horses) and farmers. Finally, as much as I hate to admit it even beefy Governors (Huckster). We have kids that participate in rodeo events, many different sports, and some even work part time jobs at some of the above name skills. Guess what happens when a kid teases a steer wrestler? Hogtied for a hour or so. And no one in the right mind would tease a rugby player - most of them look like gorillas and they work in packs.

Now I've overdone the teasing thing, what do women want. I think most girls want a man that is kind, honorable, and a friend, then a lover. I think body size matters about as much as hair color. I admit I have a sweet tooth for Brad Pitt. :kiss2: I just like to watch him like a work of art or a beautiful flower. I also love to watch John Goodman, :kiss2: silent film star Wallace Beery :kiss2: (I bet you never heard that one before), and another deceased national treasure - Pavarotti :kiss2: and my husband :kiss2: - who is a BHM and very much alive (most days).

I almost forgot, if I had to pick between Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze in the male dancer routine - I liked Chris better. :kiss2:

superodalisque

i think people purposefully over rate physicality when they know thy don't have much else to offer. they can be stupid, exhaustingly dramatic, coarse, creepy, arrogant, childish and ignorant--but hey they are thin. they can also use their fat as an excuse for why people are repelled. after a while people really don't buy it anymore and that is why they have SOs of all kinds of sizes IRL, especially when they mature out of the idea that sex is so hard to get.

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
i think people purposefully over rate physicality when they know thy don't have much else to offer. they can be stupid, exhaustingly dramatic, coarse, creepy, arrogant, childish and ignorant--but hey they are thin. they can also use their fat as an excuse for why people are repelled. after a while people really don't buy it anymore and that is why they have SOs of all kinds of sizes IRL, especially when they mature out of the idea that sex is so hard to get.
Dear Super D,

Please excuse ignorant girl, but I need an interpretation. Does "SOs" stand for significant others? "IRL" is a little more difficult, in science class I would guess infrared light, but I think that probably wrong. :confused: Thanks for the added information.

bigmac

Just because you were too creepy for a woman, doesn't mean all BHMs are ignored by all women. Also, this is not the oppression Olympics.
Yes, arguing about who has it worse is pointless. However, there does need to be an acknowledgement that society is not particularly kind to fat guys.

I think the OP may have been inarticulately alluding to the fact that there are places fat women can go and be the center of attention (i.e. BBW events and bashes) but no similar places for fat guys (at least not straight fat guys). At BBW events only a minority of the BBWs will be interested in fat guys and there is no easy way to tell which are. The result is that BBW events can be very frustrating for fat guys.

Does this mean fat guys have it worse? I don't know and don't think it really matters. What matters that the community recognize that socializing can be rough for both genders.

superodalisque

Mac you make a good point. i have a lot of BHM friends who are shy and awkward who aren't even given the normal chance that BBWs get to just have friends and get social experience when they need some. the community generally totally ignores their plight as if none of them have one. fat folks who are reaching out for help should get at least some support and not literally be ignored and have backs turned on them at events and even in forums online. politically they are told they don't have a point. if that happened to BBWs they would freak. so yeah, we could do a whole lot better in supporting the ones who need our support. it would be a whole different ballgame here if a BBW were told to just get over it -- even if sometimes they actually needed to.

KHayes666

Go away

William, is that you again?

superodalisque

i wish it were William. William made a lot of great points about how things worked for BHMs but nobody wanted to hear it. i miss him a lot. most weren't interested. maybe one day people will actually be willing to listen to BHMS instead of just feeling sorry for themselves and their own plight. but until the day they're actually fully and truly interested in ALL fat folk politically it probably won't happen.

FatAndProud

I just want to say the world doesn't owe you anything.

You're fat. Deal with it. Accept it OR work toward what will truly make you happy. I'm fat and happy and I don't give a fuck if people admire my body. I still live my life and have wonderful friends that don't notice I'm 4x their size. And if they did notice my size? We can have an open discussion about it because I'm not shy ;) I'm fat, you're fat....now let's find some fat-centric people to slob all over our bodies and objectify us like we all desire ;) lol

superodalisque

I just want to say the world doesn't owe you anything.

You're fat. Deal with it. Accept it OR work toward what will truly make you happy. I'm fat and happy and I don't give a fuck if people admire my body. I still live my life and have wonderful friends that don't notice I'm 4x their size. And if they did notice my size? We can have an open discussion about it because I'm not shy ;) I'm fat, you're fat....now let's find some fat-centric people to slob all over our bodies and objectify us like we all desire ;) lol
this is why i am in LOVE :smitten:

Latest posts