Project Runway 8: I Will Cut a Bitch

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
Ugh. I hated this challenge.

You know what was funny? When Heidi and Gretchen were arguing about the fabric and Tim said that there was literally a warehouse full of this grey jersey stuff that Heidi had to use. I think that basically summed this all up. There was a big ole sale on high end drapey fleece, and Heidi decided to snatch it up before Starter got a chance and now she had to figure out exactly what to do with it. I know! We'll torture the home audience by making them sit through a runway full of three times the normal amount of fug!

I didn't like any of this stuff, really. The only people who wear this stuff are young Hollywood starlets who try really hard to look like they're not trying hard.

Gretchen's biker shorts were a big LOL, though. That, my friends, is why I don't wear shorts. My thighs eat them.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Worst challenge ever (imo). The drama was more exciting than the design delivered. Didn't Nina comment last week and this week about the design level as a whole being boring or was that just Christopher's work? This challenge was too restrictive for anyone to do anything remotely interesting.

What are predictions for the final three?

I'm going with Mondo (who will win) and Gretchen and I predict a showdown between April and Andy for the third spot. I'm a little iffy here and kind of hoping April will pull it out.. though in a perfect world, my top three would be Mondo, Andy, and April.

NancyGirl74

cheat or didn't he cheat? Michael C's Jackie O dress was lovely (in my opinion) but if any real woman did wear it they sure as shit would be taping their boobs in place. Personally I don't care if he taped the girl into it but then I didn't know that was against the rules. That it wasn't caught on camera and the cameras seem to be everywhere gives me hope that it wasn't him. Bottom line for me...Michael remained classy (even if he swore up a blue streak) while Ivy looked like the bitter shrew she's become.

As for the fashion...I liked Michael's. Yeah, it didn't fit Heidi's line so I can see how that gets points off. I didn't hate the fall colors. It seemed fun and not depressing like Heidi's stuff. To quote the great Elle Woods, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy." Why would happy people wear muted barf tone colors? Even if they are "fashion-forward active wear"??? I thought Michael's colors were happy.

However, I did like Andy's stuff the best. I'm glad he won. That hoody? I want it! Does Heidi do plus sizes? Doubt it!

Liked Mondo's ok. This was not his challenge but he still brought some great stuff to the table. He has a bit of a diva 'tude but that might just be adding to his likableness.

April...Sorry, for those who like her but that girl needs to get out of the emo stage. I don't think I liked anything she sent down the runway. That dress was baglady meets maternity. Seriously, it was just ugly. And speaking of diva 'tude, the dark princess has one in spades. April is likable and talented but when she wants to be she can rival Ivy for queen negative.

I was sorry to see Christopher go even thought I felt it was his time. I thought he was a nice guy even if he was on the boring side. I think he has talent and hope for the best for him.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Speaking of Ivy, it was pretty funny when she was talking about karma coming after Michael C. only to have something snap and hit her in the eye..

QuasimodoQT

Shy viking
Speaking of Ivy, it was pretty funny when she was talking about karma coming after Michael C. only to have something snap and hit her in the eye..
I thought so too. And it was also her that accused Michael C of cheating on the public button voting, also not caught on camera. Coincidence? I think not. Lots of nonsense goes on in Ivy's mind, apparently.

Speaking of nonsense, I was watching a program from earlier this week that had a PR teaser on it, and had to roll my eyes at the blatantly misleading story line they cobbled together-
Tim talks about the cheating allegation, and they show Gretchen throwing the fabric, making you think she might be involved. Then they show Ivy recoil and grab her eye, looking like what Gretchen threw hit her.
Then they pull Tim saying one cut word "You" added to the clip of him saying "will not be returning to the show (about the model), and clearly trying to make you think someone got sent home over the cheating.
And a few more red herrings.
Shameless, and I don't like those tactics at all!

Jes

is oddly aroused
Gretchen's biker shorts were a big LOL, though. That, my friends, is why I don't wear shorts. My thighs eat them.
Agreed--I've seen your thighs do it! haha, no, I mean: if it's not for actual gym use, why would the average woman put on those shorts, then a mini over it?
I'm used to seeing most women wear fashion sneakers, black yoga pants and a cute tshirt if they're out and about. And if they're actually running or something, they wear something more gritty, with real running shoes. I know I keep saying 'i didn't get it' but...i didn't get it.

Jes

is oddly aroused
Then they pull Tim saying one cut word "You" added to the clip of him saying "will not be returning to the show (about the model), and clearly trying to make you think someone got sent home over the cheating.
And a few more red herrings.
Shameless, and I don't like those tactics at all!
AGREED! It's so egregious and why I thought we were gonna have more bitch cutting this season. It must be how Lifetime chooses to spin it; it's always happened to some extent on Bravo, but Lifetime has made a cottage industry out of being misleading. I get putting in all the tense moments, but mix them up so that you don't have a misleading narrative.

ps: Not sure what you mean about Ivy and the public voting button...

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
ps: Not sure what you mean about Ivy and the public voting button...
I think she's talking about the challenge where the designs were displayed in that gallery and the people in attendance voted for their favorites with buttons. Ivy accused Michael C. of telling people she's a bitch so they wouldn't vote for her, and we were never shown that either.

NancyGirl74

LOL Karma truly is a bitch...Either that or the editing department is. ;)

NancyGirl74

I definitely think that if Michael C. was calling someone the "bitch of the show" they would have aired it. The producers or whoever is in charge hasn't held back on any of the cattiness displayed by the others. Why hold back if Michael C. was doing it? I don't see why they would. I'm pretty sure it would make for good TV in the eyes of the reality TV people.

I have a sneaking feeling someone did say that Ivy was the bitch of the show...but it wasn't one of the designers. I'd be willing to bet some little bug planted that seed to see what kind of bitterness might grow. But hey, nasty as the rumor might have been whoever that little bug planter was wasn't wrong.

Jes

is oddly aroused
I think she's talking about the challenge where the designs were displayed in that gallery and the people in attendance voted for their favorites with buttons. Ivy accused Michael C. of telling people she's a bitch so they wouldn't vote for her, and we were never shown that either.
ah ok. thanks. i'd completely forgotten that one.

i don't know; as much as we don't care for her, would she just randomly make that up about him? would i just start telling people that Mule or ThatFat or whoever was saying horrible shit about me? Do people do that? On TV? With cameras capturing most everything? Did he do it? Clearly, I don't recall!

NancyGirl74

Jes, I agree. I have a feeling someone did say she was a bitch during that showing (or whatever it was) and I'm sure they did find tape in the bathroom (or wherever it was). I think because they already didn't like Michael C they assumed it was him. Or perhaps they were led to assume it was him. To what end I couldn't say...other than it gives watchers someone to dislike (Ivy, Gretchen) and someone who looks like the underdog to root for (Michael).

Paquito

don't July to me
All I know is that I've seen tape used on the show before, so I don't see what the big deal would be if Michael C. had used it. We've had designers since the beginning glue, tape, do anything to get the model into the outfit without falling apart.

All of this Michael C. hatred really befuddles me. I've never seen anything to prove that he can't sew, or he seems untrustworthy, or anything else he's been accused of.

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
All I know is that I've seen tape used on the show before, so I don't see what the big deal would be if Michael C. had used it. We've had designers since the beginning glue, tape, do anything to get the model into the outfit without falling apart.

All of this Michael C. hatred really befuddles me. I've never seen anything to prove that he can't sew, or he seems untrustworthy, or anything else he's been accused of.

It's called bullying and Gretchen and her Gretchlings decided he was going to be the object of their ire early on. Apparently, NO ONE in the production, judging, or management of the show feel that way.

Ivy crawled so far up Gretchen's ass early on that it was hard to see her peaking out. Now, evidently she's had time to stew in her juices and develop an absurd addiction to the hate for Michael C.

I know I've called Ivy a bitch while sitting on my couch (the cats understand), so it wouldn't surprise me if anyone said it.

Truthfully, if I were placed in close quarters and a condensed timeline of competition with the people in this season, I would be following through with Jes' name for this thread.

NancyGirl74

It's called bullying and Gretchen and her Gretchlings decided he was going to be the object of their ire early on. Apparently, NO ONE in the production, judging, or management of the show feel that way.

Ivy crawled so far up Gretchen's ass early on that it was hard to see her peaking out. Now, evidently she's had time to stew in her juices and develop an absurd addiction to the hate for Michael C.
Yeah but I think even Gretchen is over Ivy's beating of the dead horse that is the "Michael is a cheater" topic. To keep harping on it makes them look petty and childish. I have a feeling Gretchen saw that in Ivy and doesn't want to look that way herself...even if she still hates Michael C on the inside.

Jane

Photo (c) Fatlane
Yeah but I think even Gretchen is over Ivy's beating of the dead horse that is the "Michael is a cheater" topic. To keep harping on it makes them look petty and childish. I have a feeling Gretchen saw that in Ivy and doesn't want to look that way herself...even if she still hates Michael C on the inside.
No, she wants to argue with the judges which ALWAYS goes over well!!

They all need a reality check. Michael could be just as bad as the team that has dogpiled on him, but by taking the high road, he has stayed in the competition and excelled.

NancyGirl74

Agreed. Gretchen arguing with the judges won't make them love her. They seem to be well aware of her personality flaws but come runway day they overlook that and focus on her designs. She's been fairly consistent as one of the judges favorites. If not a favorite she's safe. Rarely has she been on the bottom. (Only once on her own and once with the group challenge, I think) As much as I don't like her or her style I see her being in the top.

Jes

is oddly aroused
Agreed. Gretchen arguing with the judges won't make them love her. They seem to be well aware of her personality flaws but come runway day they overlook that and focus on her designs. She's been fairly consistent as one of the judges favorites. If not a favorite she's safe. Rarely has she been on the bottom. (Only once on her own and once with the group challenge, I think) As much as I don't like her or her style I see her being in the top.
Her, Mondo and ... hmm... It really does matter how this week goes, now doesn't it?

Jes

is oddly aroused
So, who goes tonight, ladies and gents? Who moves forward??

NancyGirl74

I think it's anyone's game. Mondo stays for sure. Gretchen too is she doesn't have an emotional meltdown which was hinted at on last weeks coming attractions. On the bubble Michael C. because he's been on the bottom lately, Andy because when he fails he fails in a big way, April because there's just so much fashion-forward-shades-of-black-emoness the judges can take...or maybe that's just me.

Latest posts