Random health related "confessions"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I was thank goodness. Talk about a sigh of relief. We talked football :)

I gained 15 pounds back (not 20) but he still didn't say anything.

My regular GP will sit and shoot the shit with me too and has no problem cussing in front of me lol, there must have been a note on my file cuz this doc was the same exact way lol. I prefer that though. I would rather someone let the language fly and be real than feel like I'm in a formal atmosphere. Whew..glad that went well :)
That doc sounds like my sons' pediatrician. He doesn't cuss (being in front of kiddos) but I can tell he's awesome out of the office. He once made a comment on a South Park shirt that hubs was wearing and saying he loved the movie. He tends to stick around and gab about movies and video games with us. I love him and hope he works until both boys are grown. (he's in his early 60s i suspect) We've been through a lot with him with Max and his medically full life.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
That doc sounds like my sons' pediatrician. He doesn't cuss (being in front of kiddos) but I can tell he's awesome out of the office. He once made a comment on a South Park shirt that hubs was wearing and saying he loved the movie. He tends to stick around and gab about movies and video games with us. I love him and hope he works until both boys are grown. (he's in his early 60s i suspect) We've been through a lot with him with Max and his medically full life.
It's sooooo hard trying to replace a good doc. We had a really good family doc that was my mother's doc when *she* was young. We kept him until he died in my mid 20's. So it took me like 10 yrs to find another decent doc that I liked and now's he will be retiring. I'm just relieved his replacement is equally as nice.

I hope I am watching adult cartoons in my 60's lol

spiritangel

AmandaClause
somehow I have managed to hurt my hips and lower back and it hurt soo much I have to hunch to walk. Thank god for pain medication hoping its kicked in. Just do not have time to deal with this atm so much to do this week.

ButlerGirl09

Sugar Magnolia
I've had issues with my ears on and off for a few years. Recently they have been bothering me something fierce, so I made an appointment with an ENT. Found out today that I have this rare disorder called patulous eustachian tube, along with an extremely deviated septum. I am starting to feel like my body is betraying me as I add these things to a long list of physical issues. :(

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Neurologist appointment yesterday. She was great though and is offering me help and options.

Definitely have more issues with my left side. Great.

Feeling quite overwhelmed with the life ahead of me and the work I need to do to be healthier.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I almost regret telling people that i'm going to try and eat healthier and get my diabetes in a more manageable place because the first thing they want to do is school me on how to do it. Listen, I could teach the fucking class on what to do, the problem I have is motivation. Just shut up and don't judge me and don't make all these concrete statements.

So frustrating. Why do people get so ecstatic when losing weight is on the horizon? HATE IT.

Neurologist appointment yesterday. She was great though and is offering me help and options.

Definitely have more issues with my left side. Great.

Feeling quite overwhelmed with the life ahead of me and the work I need to do to be healthier.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..

EMH1701

Am I the only one who gets weird cravings when it is that time of the month? Just tonight, and it's technically not midnight yet here but I suppose it would constitute a "midnight" craving, I was hungry for breakfast. I guess it was my fault for skipping supper since I wasn't very hungry when it was the normal time to eat, so all I had for supper was some pretzels and cheese dip.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Am I the only one who gets weird cravings when it is that time of the month? Just tonight, and it's technically not midnight yet here but I suppose it would constitute a "midnight" craving, I was hungry for breakfast. I guess it was my fault for skipping supper since I wasn't very hungry when it was the normal time to eat, so all I had for supper was some pretzels and cheese dip.
Funny....it's coming up and I actually have a craving for pretzels and cheese dip. LOL

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I'm feeling a LOT better with the changes i'm making in my diet.

I have to plow through my depression every day, but that's going to be a life-long battle and I just have to do it.

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
Had a sinus infection for the last TWO MONTHS... my GP kept throwing antibiotics at it (four different ones) and I still felt like crap. When I called after #4 failed, he said it must just be inflammation, and he could try giving me a course of steroids, and if that didn't work, they'd refer me to an ENT. I didn't like that he just decided it wasn't an infection still without even looking at me this time, despite the fact my symptoms were the same, so I just picked my own ENT and went. He verified that it was still a (bad) infection and prescribed something specifically for drug-resistant bacteria. Bam. Two days after I started taking it, I woke up for the first time in two months without a sore throat. Such an incredible relief. I'd forgotten what it was like not to have one! My other symptoms are receding (slowly). I feel good for the first time in ages.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Had a sinus infection for the last TWO MONTHS... my GP kept throwing antibiotics at it (four different ones) and I still felt like crap. When I called after #4 failed, he said it must just be inflammation, and he could try giving me a course of steroids, and if that didn't work, they'd refer me to an ENT. I didn't like that he just decided it wasn't an infection still without even looking at me this time, despite the fact my symptoms were the same, so I just picked my own ENT and went. He verified that it was still a (bad) infection and prescribed something specifically for drug-resistant bacteria. Bam. Two days after I started taking it, I woke up for the first time in two months without a sore throat. Such an incredible relief. I'd forgotten what it was like not to have one! My other symptoms are receding (slowly). I feel good for the first time in ages.
Stuff like this is why i have severe white coat syndrome. I'm glad you're on the mend!

My confession is about my white coat syndrome. I have sky high bp at the doctors office and totally normal bp at home. I actually had a panic attack at my last appointment. It was nothing more than a double ear infection/upper respiratory infection follow up. I actually rejoiced at the fact that i couldn't drive this morning due to snow.

I kind of wish my homeopath wasn't 200 miles away. I love her.

Gingembre

radar detector
IC that now I'm on a hospital placement, the amount of times I have to wash my hands & use the alcohol gel (rightly so) has made my ezcema spread like wildfire over the backs of my hands. Have been moisturising like a crazy person, but I'm off to see the GP tomorrow to try and get something stronger. Don't like having scaley hands! :(

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Super proud of myself for all the changes and hard work i've done to get my health back on track. The results have been miraculous.

One day at a time. One step at a time.

:D

ButlerGirl09

Sugar Magnolia
I have this fear, likely irrational, that I will be diagnosed with cancer. I feel like my body is against me.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Signed up and paid for. Official gym member.

Had a hard time on the bike with my stupid MS, but that's what i'm there for.
Getting strong...getting healthier.

Pretty proud of myself.

Super proud of myself for all the changes and hard work i've done to get my health back on track. The results have been miraculous.

One day at a time. One step at a time.

:D

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
Balancing spiritual, mental, and physical growth is tough. I was on the path to progress in all three six months ago, but things got really stressful out here. I haven't sacrificed them all, and I won't give up without a fight, but I still wish I didn't fall off of two of my goals.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Realizing i'm a pretty messed up person can be overwhelming. Sometimes i'm truly surprised i'm still alive.. and still trying.

ODFFA

Mind's racing with stuff to say in this confession. Will attempt brevity :p

So, I have a neurological condition (ooooo, sounds hectic eh?) that affects, among a few other things, my physical coordination, muscular development and flexibility. It's a very mild effect, hardly noticeable to others and just often makes me look kinda clumsy.

But there are many relatively basic things that I'm not able to do, such as riding a bicycle, driving a car, sitting on my knees for any length of time or even coming close to touching my toes while keeping my legs straight.

I work out a lot at home, mostly cardio. Been to a good few fitness classes before - various kinds. Some were good experiences, others.... not so much. It's taken a long time and a lot of mental wrestling - but I've decided it's time I pushed myself a little (Relax! I don't mean in a medically unhealthy way!) and gave the yoga or pilates thing a go (leaning more towards yoga atm). Just at home for now. I know it's going to fight me as it would any beginner, but even more so. It's time though. Bring it. Yikes!