Random health related "confessions"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
That sucks, Loopy. Annoying though it is, do give it time to recover. It is so easy to re-damage and make worse back problems by doing too much too soon :(

And once you are doing better, maybe look into some stretches and exercises for backs? If work has a fair amount of leaning and lifting (as I'd imagine it would), and given that you are fairly busty, putting time into a strong back might be a good investment -- annoying as all that sort of thing is.
I know you are right, I am going to have to try and take it easy with all the cleaning and stuff I need to get done today. I'm not going to be any good to anyone if I'm hobbling around like an old lady!

It does involve a lot of stretching and leaning and repetitive movements, which I think is what hurt my back yesterday. You are right, I probably should try and look into some back strengthening exercises. Thank you for the advice!

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Sounds like a time for supervisor loopy to delegate to her little minions at the farm!

MsBrightside

Somehow strained my back at work. It really, really hurts, all the way into my neck.

Need a better back.
Sorry that you're having to deal with this, loopy. Back pain makes it difficult to do so many ordinary things that we take for granted, and the healing process seems to take forever!

Sad though it is to admit it, I'm of an age where back care becomes a normal topic of conversation *sigh*
LOL. I'm not sure I talk about it that much, but I'm a lot more aware of it perforce than I used to be. A couple of times a year, my back will hurt like crazy for a few days, and the cause is not always obvious. One time it started suddenly while I was folding laundry, which doesn't really seem like a high-risk activity.

Sounds like a time for supervisor loopy to delegate to her little minions at the farm!
Good advice, but for the little red hen types among us, it may help to brace an arm against a countertop, wall, piece of furniture, etc. when you bend over. I also find it helpful to bend my knees instead of my back whenever possible.

Anyway, I hope the pain subsides quickly and that you figure out a way to minimize the chances that it might happen again in the future.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
I took several weeks of naproxin for my plantar facititis...

And, instead of the associated stomach upset they worries about, my stomach swelling decreased visibly, pain stopped, and i actually got an appetite...

I am so thrilled to have found another key to the puzzle of my stomach pain. Im going to go talk to my doctor about it in a few weeks (got the meds from a walkin) to understand possible reasons as well as to figure out if there is a low impact, less long term health risk anti inflammatory i can turn to in order to moderate the pain on occassion. Zantac has antiinflamm properties in terms of histamine blockers in the intestine (its an off the counter application, meaning im using it not for what it is generally persribed for) but even that made my life bearable.

Hopefully there is a clue there and perhaps a pain management tool...

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I took several weeks of naproxin for my plantar facititis...

And, instead of the associated stomach upset they worries about, my stomach swelling decreased visibly, pain stopped, and i actually got an appetite...

I am so thrilled to have found another key to the puzzle of my stomach pain. Im going to go talk to my doctor about it in a few weeks (got the meds from a walkin) to understand possible reasons as well as to figure out if there is a low impact, less long term health risk anti inflammatory i can turn to in order to moderate the pain on occassion. Zantac has antiinflamm properties in terms of histamine blockers in the intestine (its an off the counter application, meaning im using it not for what it is generally persribed for) but even that made my life bearable.

Hopefully there is a clue there and perhaps a pain management tool...
That is absolutely wonderful! :happy: