• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Remaining fat positive while dealing with fat related health issues

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wistful

I wrote a while back here in the health forum that I was dealing with getting my fatty liver under control.While no one knows for sure,that my liver issues are directly related to my weight,the evidence is pretty compelling that it is indeed a "fat issue". This whole problem has really thrown me for a loop in regards to my feelings concerning my own size. I've been working on accepting myself fat for well over a decade now and I'm finding it tougher these days then I have in a very,very long time.

I realize that many fat people are in perfect health and I was lucky enough to be one until recently.Yeah,I know that a fatty liver is far from the end of the world but it's woken up the chorus of fat negative voices in my head once again.I can't help but wonder what other fat related illnesses wait for me in the future...my joints aren't feeling so great these days either.

I think part of my struggle this time is also about dealing with the intersection where fat meets up with aging.I found it so much physically easier to be very large when I was in my early/mid twenties then I do in my mid thirties.This is also a bit shameful for me to admit to but I had a certain amount of pride invested in the fact that I was beating all the statistics and was in "perfect" physical health.Well, I certainly learned my lesson.

For those of us who are dealing with fat imposed limitations or illnesses..How do we keep a positive attitude towards our size?? How do you not allow a bump in the road to completely derail you? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Latest posts

Back