• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

...Sometimes you get tired....

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olwen

Disco Bear
So three things happened to me this week that have pissed me off.

The first thing: some guy passed me on the street and made rude sexual finger gestures at me. I wasn't wearing anything revealing (a tunic and jeans) so I wasn't sure if he was taking a swipe at my size or actually attracted and acting like a dick. I wanted to turn around and cuss him out but I just sighed and kept walking. That was a couple days ago, and it's still bugging me.

Second thing: that pilates instructor I had on monday assumed I was new to pilates cause of my size. I mean, I came in there with my own mat. I think someone who wouldn't know what to expect wouldn't come into a pilates class with her own mat. Then she saw I wasn't doing all the forms, but didn't bother to come over to me to give me an alternative form. That just pissed me off.

Third thing: today we had a meeting at work and a chair was pulled up to the conference table that had arms, (kinda looked like a mod style Jetsons type chair) and since all the other seats were taken I had to scramble for an armless chair. Anyway, someone asked what was wrong with the chair. I really had to stifle a sigh and debated for a second whether to say anything or not. I did end up saying the chair was too small, which elicited knowing nods from my other all thin coworkers. It was just a small moment, but it pissed me off. These people have worked with me long enough that they should have noticed all the complaining I've done about those tiny fucking chairs that everybody else loves so much. I hate those chairs. When they are the only ones around I have to sit in them and they make a loud sucking sound when I get up unless I twist before I stand up. I know I could just do the little twist, but it's just annoying to have to do that all the time.

I feel like I should be able to brush off these sorts of things since I'm used to it, but it gets tiring having to deal with stuff like this all the time. I'm honestly not sure how I've been able to deal with it except to note that I kinda don't have much choice. Just grrrr. What if I don't wanna? :(

Sorry if I'm whining, but this kinda stuff has been on my mind lately, and my shrink is great, but she isn't fat. It would be nice to get other fat people's opinions, so I'm wondering what everyone else does to cope with this annoying fat people stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back