Squeezablysoft's Sweetly Spicy and Scrumptiously Saucy She Shed

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

squeezablysoft

Ok so I'm not great at all that mathy-wathy numbery stuff but ever since I came across the concept of a weight setpoint, I've really wanted to know what mine is. I spent a year last year eating completely unrestricted partly to see what effect this had on my weight, I don't think I reached my setpoint though because I gained regularly throughout that whole period and never leveled off. But I do have a pretty good idea of how much I was eating during that time (around 3,000 calories a day), and by using some of that numbery stuff I figured up the weight at which 3,000 calories a day would be the maintenance amount for me. Which I figure is probably pretty close to my setpoint. Would you believe it came out to 315 pounds?! I suppose if that's how much my body wants to weigh, it's no wonder I'm miserable trying to starve it down to no more than 119 so I can be considered a "healthy weight" for my height according to the bmi chart.

LeoGibson

Happy
Unless you’re 7 ft tall, no ones body wants to weigh 315 lbs. it just doesn’t and no amount of pseudoscience is going to make that statement true. There’s so many different variables but off the top of my head, I bet if your diet was structured in a way that you covered your macronutrient needs in a more nutritious way, you’d likely have a hard time eating enough to get to that 3,000 kcal mark. You could, but it would take way more food than you think. If you’re eating calorically dense food with little nutritional value then no, it’s not hard to bang 3,000 kcals in a day but when it’s things like grilled chicken, lean steak, broccoli, rice, sweet potatoes sans butter and brown sugar it’s much harder.

But don’t get me wrong, by all means if you want to weigh that then go for it. I myself walk around at 320 and I’m pretty content. And it takes me at my activity level around 4,000-4,300 kcals a day to maintain this body weight.

There is some merit to the set point theory and not all people operate optimally at a low body fat. But to think a body that is say for instance 5’7 or so “wants” to be 315 lbs. as an optimal body weight is highly spurious.

squeezablysoft

Apparently the dude in this video is an actor who's using his YouTube channel as a resume. He is more than welcome to come play the role of my boyfriend anytime. ;)

squeezablysoft

Random BHM-related note, my mother was watching tv and a John Belushi biography comes on, so she calls me in and says I could be on tv cause you know that eyebrow thing John Belushi does? I have a whole bunch of funny things I can do with my face (cross each eye individually, touch my tongue to my nose, wiggle my ears). I can't do the raise one eyebrow thing though. So I'm warning you all now that I've been told I could be the next John Belushi I might just start spamming this thread with pictures of me making funny faces. Brace yourselves.

squeezablysoft

Working on the YouTube thing, meanwhile as promised, silly face spam! First picture I took before realizing my lighting was weird, so I look kinda gothy but also I think I can see the Belushiesque quality lol.JB1.jpg