Strange Yet Wonderfull

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigElectricKat

I've got the brains, you've got the looks...
Staff member
Global Moderator
It is with a certain amount of sadness (on my part) that I report that Hannah will be moving back to North Carolina in the coming weeks, to help take care of her father.

Her dad seems to have made it past the worst of his injuries, battling through multiple surgeries and a couple of infections. He’ll be going home next week but will need a great deal of post-op care that her mom would have a tough (if not impossible) time doing. I probably never mentioned it but Arlene (Hannah’s mom) is fairly petite at about 5’2” and maybe 140-150 lbs. Her dad is on the bigger side, 6’3” and in the 300 lbs range.

When it was told to the family just how much care he would need, Hannah immediately volunteered to come back and help. She is so great that way. She called me and told me right away. I appreciated that a great deal. Of course, I’d rather she stayed here (selfish, I know) but completely understand and was supportive. I cried on the inside. I’m not sure another like this will come along. And I cannot leave due to my responsibilities here; at least not anytime soon.

She came back last night and came by the house. She’s giving her 2-week notice today. Her sister and brother-in-law are coming out to help her drive her stuff back to the coast in a U-Haul. It’s not much (bedroom set and couch and loveseat) but it’s hers and still fairly new. I feel better about that. It’s a 14 or15 hour drive and I would be worried sick if she went alone (even though she drove out here all by herself). I’ll be helping her pack over the next few days.

We’ve vowed to spend as much time together and she wants to play with Jami as much as possible. I’ve promised not to try and talk her out of it, even though my heart is breaking inside. I can see it in her eyes, it’s tearing her up as well. Certainly, there is a glimmer of hope on the horizon; she can always come back if the opportunity presents itself. She’s leaving on good terms with the hospital and she always has a place to stay (my house!). We are trying to make this a “See you later” rather than a firm goodbye. But reality has a way of gumming up the works so, I won’t hold my breath.

It’s been a fantastic time and I am extremely thankful for the time we’ve shared. In both our cases, we were what the other needed just when it seemed no one was there. I couldn’t ask for anything better.

BigElectricKat

I've got the brains, you've got the looks...
Staff member
Global Moderator
Well, last Thursday proved to be the most bittersweet of my entire life. It was very funny in some ways as well. Since she really didn’t have that much stuff, we took our sweet time packing of most of Hannah’s things: some dishes, clothes, and knick-knacks. I think we spent more time talking than packing, most of the time. We could have packed up almost all of her stuff in an hour, but it took us almost 2 days; we stopped frequently just to hug or kiss or eat. We made a sad time as fun as we could.

One thing about Hannah that I love (and there are MANY), is that she’s observant. She watches and listens better than almost anyone I’ve ever met. She can discern things that you like or dislike very easily. She picks up on little things and is just marvelous about wanting to make me happy. For instance, after the very first time she greeted me at her door, she always did it. It wouldn’t matter: hot sun, rain, snow, howling wind. She would open that door as I was walking up, and give me the biggest, best hug and kiss. And she would not break our embrace until I did so.

Another thing that was s thoughtful was the fact that she only wore red nail polish or none on her toes. Now I’ve come to appreciate other colors over time but I once mentioned to her that red was my favorite followed by none at all. Never once in almost a year of being together did she wear anything but red.

In those last couple of weeks, I took time off just so we could be together more. Knowing that she was going to be leaving left me with a feeling of emptiness slowly creeping up my spine. The only thing that would dispel that feeling was when I was physically with her. I think she was having similar feeling because there were times that she didn’t want me to leave, either her place or mine. Since my boss is so easy-going, it was no problem calling off or going in late.

We found time to go to our favorite parks and stroll along holding hands. I just felt that each was the most wonderful time of my life. I was so happy and also sad that I knew it was ending. One late night, we were just laying in bed and Hannah hit me with a secret she had been hiding. She told me that she was initially wary of being intimate with me! I was shocked. Especially given how we’ve really come together (no pun intended) in that regard. She told me that my somewhat gruff exterior, coupled with some of the stories of my life that I shared (MMA fights, being a bouncer, etc), made her wonder if I would be overly aggressive in bed.

I laughed at that. She was glad that I laughed. She admitted that I was really gentle and wondered how she could have ever thought I would be anything but. And I told her that I had a confession to make as well. After our initial airing of our “dirty laundry”, I was afraid that she going to be very timid, shy, or skittish in bed. After hearing the things that others had done to her, I was really worried about how she’d react. Now it was her turn to laugh. She can get so aggressive at times. There’s a reason why I nicknamed her The Shark! Goodness, we probably laughed for 30 minutes on and off! I think we fell asleep laughing.

Last Monday, Hannah’s sister and brother-in-law flew in to help with the move. It’s always interesting to see how a family looks. Her sister is dang near the spittin’ image of her mom. Very petite but maybe a bit taller at 5’6”. She was very nice and asked if she could hug me when we met. Her husband, not quite that warm at first. Not sure why. But as the evening went on, and we swapped crazy military stories, he seemed to loosen up. I think we became buddies after we had dinner at my house. My steak game is en fuego!🔥🔥🔥🔥

We packed up the U-Haul on Wednesday afternoon. Hannah said it took all of 45 minutes: Bedroom set, couch, love seat, and about a dozen boxes. The evening, we had dinner near the hotel where they were staying. Afterward, Hannah came over to the house and stayed the night with me. She asked if I would wake her up at 4:00 am. I thought it was odd because I don’t get up until 5:00 and they weren’t supposed to hit the road until 7:00 or 8:00. But I set the alarm for 4:00 without question.

When the alarm went off at 4:00 am it startled me (like always) when I looked at the time, I realized that Hannah had wanted me to wake her. But when I rolled over, she wasn’t in the bed. I could see the bathroom light was on and assumed that she was in there getting ready or something. After about five minutes, the light went off and she came out, naked and smiling. Needless to say, there was a Shark attack!!!

After I finally got up and got ready, Hannah also got ready. We jumped in my vehicle and drove in virtual silence to the hotel. When it was time for me to leave, we said our goodbyes and once again expressed our admiration for one another. We kissed, and I wanted to savor the moment for there would not be more to come anytime soon. This time, Hannah held the embrace long after I thought she would. She was crying and her tears graced my cheeks. Finally, she let me go saying, “Don’t miss your train.” As I watched her walk into the lobby of the hotel, I hoped it would not be the last time I would watch her walk.

Around 11:30 am that morning, my phone rang. After saying hello, there was a moment of silence and then I heard two voices saying, “Hey, Tiger!” It was Hannah and her sister calling me from the road. She missed me and told me to check in my closet after I got home that day. She said if things had worked out, I’d probably be wearing what she left me soon enough. I wondered what that could be. When I got home, I found it sitting on my Michigan ball cap.

Attachments

Last edited:

Anitra08

You better believe it! My mouth was watering at the thought!

She called me a yesterday and remarked that it made her curious that I didn't just jump her bones (old school saying) right then and there. I thought to myself that my Jedi mind trick is working!
LOL, You made the right decision.

Anitra08

Well, last Thursday proved to be the most bittersweet of my entire life. It was very funny in some ways as well. Since she really didn’t have that much stuff, we took our sweet time packing of most of Hannah’s things: some dishes, clothes, and knick-knacks. I think we spent more time talking than packing, most of the time. We could have packed up almost all of her stuff in an hour, but it took us almost 2 days; we stopped frequently just to hug or kiss or eat. We made a sad time as fun as we could.

One thing about Hannah that I love (and there are MANY), is that she’s observant. She watches and listens better than almost anyone I’ve ever met. She can discern things that you like or dislike very easily. She picks up on little things and is just marvelous about wanting to make me happy. For instance, after the very first time she greeted me at her door, she always did it. It wouldn’t matter: hot sun, rain, snow, howling wind. She would open that door as I was walking up, and give me the biggest, best hug and kiss. And she would not break our embrace until I did so.

Another thing that was s thoughtful was the fact that she only wore red nail polish or none on her toes. Now I’ve come to appreciate other colors over time but I once mentioned to her that red was my favorite followed by none at all. Never once in almost a year of being together did she wear anything but red.

In those last couple of weeks, I took time off just so we could be together more. Knowing that she was going to be leaving left me with a feeling of emptiness slowly creeping up my spine. The only thing that would dispel that feeling was when I was physically with her. I think she was having similar feeling because there were times that she didn’t want me to leave, either her place or mine. Since my boss is so easy-going, it was no problem calling off or going in late.

We found time to go to our favorite parks and stroll along holding hands. I just felt that each was the most wonderful time of my life. I was so happy and also sad that I knew it was ending. One late night, we were just laying in bed and Hannah hit me with a secret she had been hiding. She told me that she was initially wary of being intimate with me! I was shocked. Especially given how we’ve really come together (no pun intended) in that regard. She told me that my somewhat gruff exterior, coupled with some of the stories of my life that I shared (MMA fights, being a bouncer, etc), made her wonder if I would be overly aggressive in bed.

I laughed at that. She was glad that I laughed. She admitted that I was really gentle and wondered how she could have ever thought I would be anything but. And I told her that I had a confession to make as well. After our initial airing of our “dirty laundry”, I was afraid that she going to be very timid, shy, or skittish in bed. After hearing the things that others had done to her, I was really worried about how she’d react. Now it was her turn to laugh. She can get so aggressive at times. There’s a reason why I nicknamed her The Shark! Goodness, we probably laughed for 30 minutes on and off! I think we fell asleep laughing.

Last Monday, Hannah’s sister and brother-in-law flew in to help with the move. It’s always interesting to see how a family looks. Her sister is dang near the spittin’ image of her mom. Very petite but maybe a bit taller at 5’6”. She was very nice and asked if she could hug me when we met. Her husband, not quite that warm at first. Not sure why. But as the evening went on, and we swapped crazy military stories, he seemed to loosen up. I think we became buddies after we had dinner at my house. My steak game is en fuego!🔥🔥🔥🔥

We packed up the U-Haul on Wednesday afternoon. Hannah said it took all of 45 minutes: Bedroom set, couch, love seat, and about a dozen boxes. The evening, we had dinner near the hotel where they were staying. Afterward, Hannah came over to the house and stayed the night with me. She asked if I would wake her up at 4:00 am. I thought it was odd because I don’t get up until 5:00 and they weren’t supposed to hit the road until 7:00 or 8:00. But I set the alarm for 4:00 without question.

When the alarm went off at 4:00 am it startled me (like always) when I looked at the time, I realized that Hannah had wanted me to wake her. But when I rolled over, she wasn’t in the bed. I could see the bathroom light was on and assumed that she was in there getting ready or something. After about five minutes, the light went off and she came out, naked and smiling. Needless to say, there was a Shark attack!!!

After I finally got up and got ready, Hannah also got ready. We jumped in my vehicle and drove in virtual silence to the hotel. When it was time for me to leave, we said our goodbyes and once again expressed our admiration for one another. We kissed, and I wanted to savor the moment for there would not be more to come anytime soon. This time, Hannah held the embrace long after I thought she would. She was crying and her tears graced my cheeks. Finally, she let me go saying, “Don’t miss your train.” As I watched her walk into the lobby of the hotel, I hoped it would not be the last time I would watch her walk.

Around 11:30 am that morning, my phone rang. After saying hello, there was a moment of silence and then I heard two voices saying, “Hey, Tiger!” It was Hannah and her sister calling me from the road. She missed me and told me to check in my closet after I got home that day. She said if things had worked out, I’d probably be wearing what she left me soon enough. I wondered what that could be. When I got home, I found it sitting on my Michigan ball cap.
Awesome story, if you haven't already you need to write a book. Dude this had my attention. 💪💪💪🏆🏆🏆

Anitra08

Hannah and I have found more than a few common interests over these past weeks, but it seemed as though this Dimensions thing might be a deal breaker for her. Yes, I know it’s rather trivial in the grand scheme of things, but it meant something to her, which in turn means something to me. She had a difficult time understanding why I wanted to keep being part of this amazing community, but I told her that I would not continue visiting Dims if she really felt it would strain our relationship.

In the spirit of transparency, I took her through most of my posts and PM’s. I told her that I have been somewhat flirty with a few members but nothing serious (which anyone who’s messaged me will attest to). As a general rule I think just about anybody here will tell her that I’m usually a gentleman and the flirts are just a way to get someone to smile. Much of that she understood because she gets it from me all the time.

But there’s something about Dims and me that she finally understands. Before I found Dimensions, and even after those first few months, I had contemplated taking my own life. I was really in a bad way and over the preceding months, I suppose my PTSD had resurfaced and gotten the better of me. Finding Dims had given me not only an escape, but also a purpose. On any given day, I could come here and find someone who needed cheering up, advice, or just the benefit of my experiences in life (at least that’s how I perceived it). As a result, Dims helped to keep me grounded and moving forward instead of wallowing in self-pity and loneliness.

As it turns out, Hannah went trough a similar period in her life after her last two relationships. Guys who she thought were into her were only into her as much as they could control and abuse her. Through this wonderful, open communication that we’ve built, we found out that we both were going through this sad and depressing period at roughly the same time! Though we’ve both come out the other side, we both wished aloud that we’d found each other back then.

For my part, Dims helped me through a dark time and after my grandson was born, I knew I had to hang on for him as the most stable and responsible one in the family. His grandmother (my ex-wife) had moved away and my daughter is a piece of work. Hannah credits her family and a change of scenery for helping her get through what I assume was feeling like hell. In both instances I’m very happy to have this time with her and judging from the awesome meals, smiles, hugs, kisses, and other stuff :p , she is as well.

I want to thank all of the members who've been encouraging and excited about this new chapter in our lives!
[/QUO
Awesome I hope you guys are still together. Love is BEAUTIFUL💙

Latest posts