Summer 2015

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Summer's more than half over already. Have any of you done anything exciting? I can't do a lot these days (recreationally) so I live vicariously through the people around me. Haha

I bought a new car recently so driving in the gorgeous weather has been a blast. Now that I have some outside space to myself i've been using it and have a pretty good tan going on. I might do a couple little roadtrips in the future, but that's about it.

What are you all up to?

View attachment 20150531_144022__1___1438285217_57136.jpg

MsBrightside

Glad you've been enjoying your new car, Surly! I missed seeing you around here the last few weeks, but it looks like your absence was for a good cause. :)

You probably already read the posts in which I whined about acquiring a new stepmother, 4 new step-siblings (raising the grand total to 8), and going to my dad's wedding in Illinois back in June. It kind of got the adrenaline going, but not in a good way.

I've also been to a few water parks, seen Minions 3D, hosted a sleepover for ten 12- and 13-year-old girls, and taught summer camp (which is now over--yay!) Quite the glamorous life. :p

Tad

mostly harmless
We had passes for the 10 day music festival that is near us in early July each year, and that was OK (not the best year, but still was fun). Really haven't done much else, and only have a week of actual vacation planned, at the end of August, and still don't know what I'm doing with it.

At least we are in risk of spontaneously igniting, like a lot of western Canada! A co-worker is from the Seattle area, and apparently they've banned logging there because it is so dry that they fear the friction from chainsaws could start a forest fire. So the dry doesn't stop at the 49th parallel, apparently.

fat hiker

Having taken two weeks of my summer holidays in June to go with the family to France, I am making up for that by working more weeks in July than usual.

Last weekend we took the Westfalia to camp on the St. Lawrence at Upper Canada Bird Sanctuary - a great campground, with a nice breeze off the river on those hot nights!

Next week we're back to Nova Scotia to finish clearing up my mother's house prior to its sale.

Dromond

Old school
https://www.facebook.com/john.m.pedigo, M
I went to visit a lady Dimmer friend for a few days back in June, which was fun. Met up with another lady Dimmer friend for lunch a bit later in the month, which was also fun. June was pretty exciting, but Summer has been same old same old since then.

Archetypus

I've been training really hard for Tough Mudder Colorado. I hope I don't die. :( But I haven't been as strong & hardy since high school, which has led to me getting laid by the old lady more, so...bonus.

This is the soundtrack to my life:
https://youtu.be/tx1mryKqvT8?t=17s

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I'd say this summer has been the most interesting of my life: company made national/world news, I just got out of a meeting with economists that works for the executive branch of the U.S., got taken out in a yacht for work, wined and dined like a white person, I was given a travel voucher paid for by the company for any trip I'd like to take. It's been a whirlwind, and a great way to start my 30s.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
wined and dined like a white person ...lol!

-------

This summer has gone to the dogs :D

I have been competing in RallyO and by the end of this month i hope both my dogs will have their novice titles and be a hairsbreath from their advanced titles.

I have been doing every practice run and agility wvent i can get my hands on. I think that by this winter we may be able to start competing my older dog. He just has to wrap his head around weave poles. Maybe jumpers only this winter.

And the best part is that this is going to slide right into house league, where we spend a full day once a month watchig each other, challenging and practicing. If my big boy gets into masters houseleague, i will be there TWO sundays a month, in addition to every saturday for several hours.

Hubby is going to kill me for being away so much - but he COULD watch :D . this is about having fun and pushing as we are ready...it isnt about the ribbons. I have boxes of ribbons - who cares? Just about fun fun fun.

Now i need a better job to support my addiction.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Don't forget all the time you got to spend with your parents! Those are my favourite pics. :D

I'd say this summer has been the most interesting of my life: company made national/world news, I just got out of a meeting with economists that works for the executive branch of the U.S., got taken out in a yacht for work, wined and dined like a white person, I was given a travel voucher paid for by the company for any trip I'd like to take. It's been a whirlwind, and a great way to start my 30s.

Gingembre

radar detector
Nice car, Surly!

Until the end of July I was interviewing for jobs, trying to finish my dissertation and 3 other assignments, prepping for/taking an exam, attending placement at the hospital and trying to fit in time to go to my part-time job and see my girlfriend without having a nervous breakdown. I JUST managed it, but it was a close call at times!

Then I went to my friend's hen party, which was fun, before my lady and I went to Crete for a week. We lay in the sun, pottered about, couldn't believe how hot it was, and generally had an awesome time.

Now I am back in Manchester for the final placements of my degree....3 weeks left and 8 more babies to deliver. Trying to sort out employment/registration/temp work. Hoping it stops raining and warms up a bit so I can be outdoors on my days off....realising I don't have a day off this week. Boo!

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Thanks. :)

You're crazy busy! Glad you enjoyed yourself on your vacation! I saw your pics on FB and you both looked look you were enjoying yourselves. You looked great, by the way!

Nice car, Surly!

Until the end of July I was interviewing for jobs, trying to finish my dissertation and 3 other assignments, prepping for/taking an exam, attending placement at the hospital and trying to fit in time to go to my part-time job and see my girlfriend without having a nervous breakdown. I JUST managed it, but it was a close call at times!

Then I went to my friend's hen party, which was fun, before my lady and I went to Crete for a week. We lay in the sun, pottered about, couldn't believe how hot it was, and generally had an awesome time.

Now I am back in Manchester for the final placements of my degree....3 weeks left and 8 more babies to deliver. Trying to sort out employment/registration/temp work. Hoping it stops raining and warms up a bit so I can be outdoors on my days off....realising I don't have a day off this week. Boo!

Tad

mostly harmless
I agree with Surly, sounds like it has been a crazy busy Summer, but memorable too!

We finally have some camping planned, for the end of August, and will spend the day on a lake tomorrow. So getting a bit of out-of-the-city Summer fun in before the weather turns.

Latest posts