Quantcast

The Id's Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

The Id

Update #16.5:

After consultation with the moderators, the Miley Cyrus story has been deemed within the current standards. It has been added to the Library and may be viewed here.

The Id

Update #17

--Golden State University: released! Read it here.
--Next project: Natalie Dormer. A beginning has been hammered out. I'm doing storyboard work on the general plot. No timeline, but I'm thinking the longest this would go would be the length of one or two RFK installments. I'm going to try and max out the description and see how I do in perhaps throttling back some of the romance aspects, while still keeping it as an element.
--Projects after that: Two ideas for stories after ND came into my head, based around the fact that in our current economy, a lot of people are losing their jobs. I realized there were opportunities coming out of that to put people into some situations that could be interesting to write about. We'll see how they develop. Right now they're the barest of ideas.

Raider X

Well, why not write a story about Jessica Simpson since she has become a bit more beautiful?

The Id

Like anyone with Internet access, I of course was made aware of that story. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I don't think that she's anywhere near fat in those pictures, and I'm sure you agree as well. However, that's certainly an idea! In talking with The Aftershow, he had advocated Kelly Clarkson as another potential target. I'll keep Jessica Simpson in mind. Thanks very much for the idea! However, if you ever felt compelled to write such a story, consider me an open ear for bouncing ideas off of. A mixed metaphor, I know, but you get the picture. :)

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
As long as the cauldron produces good stories you can mix all the metaphors in your author's thread that you want. :)

The Id

Update #18

Where oh where has Id gone? Well, he hasn't gone anywhere, but his computer went to the infirmary a couple weeks ago, much to his dismay. To answer the first two questions you probably have: yes, it's coming back, but not for another week but the word is that it is indeed fixed, and yes, I saved everything. So the Natalie Dormer story, which is in the final stages for the first draft, has been saved. However, it's going to take me a while to get to it, and then to post it of course. But know that eventually it is coming.

Secondly, the next story has been shaping up due to 1) not having ND to work on and 2) recent inspiration that I'm hoping will drive me. So things are in the pipeline, but for technical reasons I can't say when you'll get to see them. Trust me when I say that I am eager to get things out soon and will move with all possible haste to bring that about.

Thought you'd all like to know where I am!

The Id

Update #19
  • A Different Kind of Pork: posted here. Enjoy!
  • Gemma's Jugs: to be posted within the next week.
  • Natalie Dormer: to be posted within the next two weeks, sooner rather than later.
  • Next project: Title TBA. Not yet begun, but perhaps by the time one of the next stories are posted, it will be.

The Id

Update #20
  • Natalie Dormer: released
  • Gemma's Jugs: Coming very shortly

Didn't see that one coming, did you? Well I like to keep you all on your toes. Gemma's Jugs is finished in editing, in principle. I've still got somethings to do first though. Expect to see it soon.

The Id

Well, since you ask...

Update #21

• Gemma's Jugs: released
  • Next project: Still no title, but I'm 6 pages in. I'm thinking for the moment that it's going to be a bit of a surprise. However, thus far I think it's going very well. It's definitely very much on my mind and the inspiration is flowing. I can't give an estimate on the release date, as usual, but know that it's not going to be a very long story, so seeing as I'm about 2/3 of what an RFK story was, I'm optimistic that it will be out in the relatively near future. Don't hold me too it, though! ;)

The Id

Update #22

• Sarah's Sudden Surprise: Released. Go read it now! This story is a parody of the WG genre that I did just to have some fun. I hope people find it funny rather than offensive, which was the furthest thing from my intention or desire.
  • ???: Seriously, at this moment, I have no idea where I'm going for my next work. There will be one, mark my words. Could be a sequel to A Different Kind of Pork or Gemma's Jugs. Could be one of the two stories I've had rattling around my head during our current economic troubles. I think for now I'll take some rest and we'll see where we end up.

That's all for now. Hope you guys have enjoyed my recent bout of creativity!

The Id

Update #23

• Sequel to A Different Kind of Pork: I've decided, as I had a feeling I might, that my next story will be a sequel to A Different Kind of Pork. I don't have a title yet, but I've got a bit of a start and a brief outline of a plot right now. Just thought I'd let you all know where I was headed next. Though I can't say for sure, I am not intending to have a third story in the series. Then again, I wouldn't have thought I'd have a sequel to A Different Kind of Pork. Just don't hold your breath until told otherwise. ;)

The Id

• Taxing Our Relationship: the sequel to A Different Kind of Pork. To a certain degree I wanted it to be sexier, but that just didn't turn out to be the sort of story that this is. Still, I hope people enjoy it!
  • Next project: No title, but it's going to involve British football, muffin tops, and brunettes. Yep, I know how awesome that sounds.

The Id

An update on my new story: I've decided to return to my old form and do it serialized, releasing installments as I finish them. I still don't have a title, but am working on coming up with one for both the overall arc and the installments as they come out. As soon as I have titles, the first installment will be released.

The Id

• Whatever Will Be 1--Just released today. I am returning to the serial format to try and get back into my old groove, which I feel like I've kind of fallen out of. Your feedback, as always, is appreciated.
  • Whatever Will Be 2--The next installment. A first draft is finished. Editing will take place in the near future.
  • Historical Fiction project--I've recently been inspired to do a historical fiction project. Since I like to get my details correct, I'm going to need to do some research. Never fear, I've already got a book coming from the library that will help. No hints on what it is! I'd like for it to be a surprise. But there will be some alternate reality to this story, more of like a "what if...?" situation.
  • Whatever else I think up--I haven't thought it up yet, so I can't tell you what it is. But I tend to think stuff up. Usually more than I can write at once.

The Id

• Whatever Will Be 2: Fortuitous Circumstances--Released moments ago!
  • Whatever Will Be 3--In the editing stage right now. It will be released when I'm happy with the product and I know a little more about where this series is headed, which is currently a little unclear to me. It also has a title, but I'm holding that in reserve for when it's released. ;)
  • Historical Fiction project--As I am considering where Whatever Will Be goes, I've been using the down time to work on the historical fiction project. Research has been concluded and I have begun work on the story. No hints on the topic as I want you all to be surprised. :)

The Id

• Whatever Will Be 3: Slow & Steady Seduction: Part I can be read right now. There's a bit of a musical reference in there. Props to you if you get it.
  • Historical fiction project--The first draft is finished. It needs a very good edit before it goes out. However, it will be the next project I release. I am debating whether to release it all at once or in parts.
  • Whatever Will Be 4--Still working on where the story will go now that the third part is out. I should have a decent idea soon, however.

The Id

• Historical Fiction Project: Anne of Cleavage. The big surprise. Thank The Tudors for the inspiration here, as well as the divine Joss Stone, who I was surprised to discover is quite an attractive woman. Both of them helped inspire this story, which I think is one of my better works in quite some time. Your thoughts and comments are always welcome.
  • Whatever Will Be 4--I've made zero progress since the last update here on this. I've been mulling some things over and taking into account the feedback I've received (mainly over at DA as I don't think part 3 has received feedback here) and am turning some things over in my head to decide exactly where I want to go. I'm getting more of an idea, so I guess I haven't made no progress at all, but I am still very far away from actually writing. Until I sit down and write, I guess.

The Id

• Whatever Will Be 4 - It's up, so go read. I'm very pleased with this one. Despite a pretty severe bout of writer's block, I am super happy with the end result. I think that things are now really rolling and the future installments are just going to be great.
  • Whatever Will Be 5 - I've written the first scene as part of the creative outpouring that produced part 4 and hope to continue moving forward. There will easily be a part 6 based on the rate I'm going. No word on if there will be a part 7. I'll know when I finish part 5.

The Id

• Whatever Will Be 5: Working It Out - You know the drill. This one was a little more plot than I would have liked, but it was necessary for advancing things. I did make a very conscious effort to put in some good description.
  • Whatever Will Be 6 - Needless to say, the next project. Also not the last installment. I'm thinking that there may be 7 parts. Depends on what I do with part 6 to get things set up for the eventual end. Obvously, after reading part 5, there's a lot to do. But I think two installments more may be enough. But, then again, this could be like doing the hokey pokey. This could take a while.

Your feedback or thoughts are, as always appreciated.

Latest posts