The last movie you watched... and score out of ten - Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Saoirse

''The World's End'' 8 out of 10

This movie sucked me in within the first five minutes and didn't let me go till it was over, not only is this movie funny but it's also very moving and has some great action scenes as well, if you're a fan of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost then this is a must see for you because it's the best dramatic and comedic acting they have every done. One thing I will say that takes away from the movie is that it's slow to get going, not as bad as ''This is the End'' that never gets going, but you will get to a point where you are begging for the alien/robot invasion to start already, other then that though it's a great movie.
I laughed SO HARD during this one. The cast is brilliant!!!

shy guy

Monkey Trumpets
I laughed SO HARD during this one. The cast is brilliant!!!
Oh god yes:D! Could you believe how badass Nick Frost was? I've always loved Nick Frost cause he's funny/sweet as hell but he was an ass kicking machine in that movie.

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette
''The World's End'' 8 out of 10

This movie sucked me in within the first five minutes and didn't let me go till it was over, not only is this movie funny but it's also very moving and has some great action scenes as well, if you're a fan of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost then this is a must see for you because it's the best dramatic and comedic acting they have every done. One thing I will say that takes away from the movie is that it's slow to get going, not as bad as ''This is the End'' that never gets going, but you will get to a point where you are begging for the alien/robot invasion to start already, other then that though it's a great movie.
I completely agree! :)

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
Call of Cthulhu - 8.5 put of 10

Made by the H.P. Lovecraft historical society in the style of a 20s silent film. It's really well done and suits the mood of the story fantastically.

At least some of the points here are probably because I adore Lovecraft... But I'd still recommend it.

Mckee

"The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman" 5,5 out of 10.

Same old stuff, seen with Aronofsky and Boyle...only set in Bucarest this time.

"American Hustle" 6 out of 10.

Not so good as expected, but still entertaining…and with a great cast, specially Jennifer Lawrence and Jeremy Renner.

"Sweetwater" 6,5 out of 10.

A good western, violent, bloody and well written. And with a great cast: Ed Harris, Jason Isaacs and January Jones.

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
Despicable Me 2- 8/10 Rented it for the kids...had a blast watching it with them.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Pitch Perfect, 8/10

Very fun movie, funny parts and more serious parts, loved all the Acapella and singing/music arrangements. Very nice movie.

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
Elysium - 7/10

I really enjoyed this film (more than I was expecting because I'd heard some fairly negative things about the ending) it was visually fantastic and there was a real feel of poverty and desolation with the people of earth. It had a real cyber punk feel to it, bit without being super flashy. At points the story felt like it could've been stronger, but as modern sci-fi goes I thought it was pretty good.

If you have problems with swearing or blood then I would suggest that you skip it though.

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
Wolf Of Wall Street = 6/10

It has good funny moments. Dark humour many times. But seemed way too predictable to me. Or could just be that I'm used to seeing things like that in real life... Just a tad less dramatic. Oh... The beauty of heavy drugs and alcohol.

Mckee

"Saving Mr Banks" 7 out of 10.

A clash between 2 worlds and two larger than life characters, magistrally portrayed by Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson.

x0emnem0x

Words.
The Conjuring ... 7/10

You're typical scary movie... I love horror movies but I always know what to expect and although it still scared me a lot it wasn't that great of a movie except that it had Patrick Wilson who I ADORE... anyway, I was stupid for watching it... not like I wanted to sleep anytime soon or anything. :p

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
Silver linings playbook 9/10 I loved this movie. Jennifer Lawrence isn't my favorite actress but she did justice to this movie..and Bradley Cooper was FAB. LOVED IT! Robert DeNiro was Awesome too.

Mckee

"The Butler" 6 out of 10.

I praise Forest Whitaker performance…but this project would have been a lot more interesting as a miniseries.

x0emnem0x

Words.
The Heat 9/10
Hilarious movie, I enjoyed it plenty. The two main characters are also a few of my favorite actresses.

We're the Millers 9/10
Even more funny, I had plenty of laughs in this one.

Mckee

"Lone Survivor" 6 out of 10.

Great, realistic military action sequences, but no characterization.

Mckee

"The Wolf of Wall Street": 7,5 out of 10.

Satirical, funny and irreverent, one of Di Caprio's best.

GTAFA

Her 8 out of 10. It doesn't feel like sci-fi, but tells a very powerful story. I'm glad to see Joaquin Phoenix get his shit together again, he's a terrific actor, and especially good at playing crazy or not-quite-all-there.

The Heat 9.5 out of 10 It's abrasive and likely to piss people off. But it's edgy in all the right ways, and funny.

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine
Fast and Furious 6
9 out of 10
I really like this movie. The action and racing is awesome, the one liners are funny and overall its just a good movie.