The Official Recipe Trading Thread! Share Your Recipes Here! :)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Hey everyone! :)

I thought I'd create a thread that celebrates our love of food and foodie culture by creating a thread where we can share our favourite recipes! I think it would be a great way to learn new things to make and as a way to inspire us to make or create something new, as well as to just chat about things we like and how we like to make them! :)

This thread will have only a few simple rules:

1. When sharing a recipe, you MUST include the full ingredient list, as well as directions on how to make it! You can either type the ingredients/directions out in text, provide a link, or you can just take a picture of the recipe and directions from a book or a handwritten copy. Just make sure the picture(s) and/or handwriting is clear, complete and legible.

2. No negative comments about recipes. Just be respectful and keep things lighthearted.

3. Have fun! :) If you don't have a recipe to share, please join in on the conversation about recipes shared in the thread or about things you've made from people's recipes here.

But please do share as many recipes as you like and whenever possible, try to include pictures too! That's what this thread is all about!

I'd just like to open up more dialog about food, about things we love to make and new recipes we'd like to try. Food is a wonderful medium for discussion and for bringing people together, so what better way to do it than to share some the things we love to make for ourselves and for others! :)

Cheers and bon appétit!

Last edited:
As per someone's request (you know who you are! ;) ), my first entry for the thread is actually going to be my "famous" banana loaf/banana bread! :) This has been a family favourite for as long as I can remember and not to toot my own horn, but I have still yet to have a better one. :oops: The recipe is as follows:

1/2 cup softened butter
1 egg
Two ripe bananas
1/4 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
1 tsp. baking soda
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. in a food processor, combine butter, egg, ripe bananas, buttermilk (or yogurt), brown sugar and salt, and blend until smooth.
  3. in a separate bowl, combine whole wheat flour, white flour and baking soda, and stir until all flour and baking soda is thoroughly and evenly combined.
  4. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the flour mixture a little at a time to keep from creating dry lumps in the mixture.
  5. Evenly spread a thin layer of butter on the inside of a 9-by-5 inch loaf pan to keep from sticking.
  6. Add combined mixture to pan and evenly spread out on top.
  7. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until done. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan onto a rack or platter to continue cooling.

JUST A NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:

The key to this recipe is actually the whole wheat, brown sugar, the buttermilk (or yogurt) and the ripeness of the bananas. The whole wheat flour and buttermilk/yogurt is what helps to give this recipe a nice moist consistency. Both are key. You can use all white flour, but I prefer using the whole wheat flour as well, because it helps to retain moisture. The brown sugar also gives this recipe a little more flavour as well. You can use white sugar, but it won't impart as much flavour. I also use yogurt in mine, but I am sure buttermilk would be great.

The ripeness of the bananas is CRUCIAL to the success of this recipe, and for any banana bread recipe for that matter. DO NOT USE NEW BANANAS!!! The very best bananas to use are the ones that have begun to get large spots all over them, or have even turned all brown/black. The more aged they are, the better the banana bread will be. Again, this is crucial! I've even used bananas that were like mashed potatoes on the inside (including the loaf I made this afternoon, picture below) and they make some of the best banana bread of all. Old bananas are BEST bananas! I can't stress that enough!

You don't need a food processor for this recipe, but it comes in handy. You can sill mash the bananas and combine all the other ingredients, but if you do, just make sure that the butter is either well-softened or melted and cooled to room temperature.

To know when the loaf is done, stick a wooden toothpick into the top of the loaf for a few seconds. Pull the toothpick out and if there is wet batter that sticks to it, put it back in the oven for another 5-6 minutes and try again. If the toothpick comes out clean, it's ready! :)

Also, if you like, you can mix in other things to the batter to give it a different flavour, or to make it your own! I always add crushed walnuts to mine, but you can add things like chocolate chips, cranberries, pumpkinseeds or anything else you think would be nice in it. You can even add icing on top! Just be creative! :)

Anyway cheers and enjoy! :)

Last edited:

Emmy

something witty..
Gulliver's corn :)
2pkgs frozen corn
1c milk
cayenne pepper
salt
2T butter 2T sugar 2T flour
1c whipping cream
..... low boil it all except butter n flour
microwave butter..whisk in flour..mix it all and chow down!

2pkgs frozen corn
1c milk
cayenne pepper
salt
1c whipping cream
Interesting! :) I think I have heard of the name, but I didn't know what is was. Is it sort of the consistence of creamed corn? I bet it's good!

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
2pkgs frozen corn
1c milk
cayenne pepper
salt
1c whipping cream
Pictures pictures pictures! How big are the packages of frozen corn,

Funtastic curves

Red pop cake

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS
  1. Prepare white cake mix according to package directions.
  2. Pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
  3. Bake as directed.
  4. When the cake is almost done, mix the strawberry Jell-O, boiling water, and strawberry soda together.
  5. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, prick holes in it with a fork, and immediately pour the strawberry soda mixture over the cake.
  6. To prepare icing, mix the dry pudding mix and milk together then fold it into the Cool Whip.
  7. Spread the icing over the cake.
  8. Garnish with strawberries if desired.
  9. Store in refrigerator.
Screenshot_20190627-210123_Chrome.jpg

Emmy

something witty..
Red pop cake

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS
  3. Bake as directed.
  4. When the cake is almost done, mix the strawberry Jell-O, boiling water, and strawberry soda together.
  5. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, prick holes in it with a fork, and immediately pour the strawberry soda mixture over the cake.
  6. To prepare icing, mix the dry pudding mix and milk together then fold it into the Cool Whip.
View attachment 132854
jello in cake mix os soooooooo good!

Red pop cake

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS
  3. Bake as directed.
View attachment 132854
Wow! Very interesting ingredients! I don't think I have ever seen a cake like that! Very cool! Thanks for sharing! :)

snazzy

Up n coming SSer :)
Anyone have a really decedent egg salad Recipe for the holiday? :oops:

Anyone have a really decedent egg salad Recipe for the holiday? :oops:
My recipe is based on 8 eggs (adjust accordingly to the size of dish you want to make) and I usually make it by eye, so some ingredients my have to be adjusted to your taste, but give this a go:

8 boiled eggs
1/3 to 1/2 cup of mayonnaise - add just enough to give it the right texture
1 1/2 tbsp. of yellow mustard
2 tsp. dijon mustard
1 tbsp. dill pickle juice (optional)
finely chopped green onion or chives to taste
1/2 tsp. paprika
few shakes of salt
pepper to taste

1. Mash eggs with a fork or potato masher to desired consistency.
2. Add all ingredients and thoroughly combine.

If you like, some people like to add about a tablespoon of sweet pickle relish, but I usually go without. Two eggs' worth makes a fairly thick sandwich, or you can get two sandwiches out of 3 eggs worth, depending on people's preferences. Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Nothing special with this one, but I made a chicken salad sandwich for lunch and this is what I like to put in it. This might not be for everyone, but it's what I like. :D This is something that's good to make with leftover chicken in the fridge. The portions will vary by how much chicken you have and unfortunately the measurements aren't spot on, so you'll kind of have to play it by eye and to taste. I'll base it on one chicken breast, which is what I used:

1 cooked chicken breast, cut into small cubes or shredded into small chunks
1/3 cup of mayo - use your eye and add just enough to give it the right texture
1 tsp. yellow mustard - only add enough to make the mayo a very light butter yellow colour, you don't need much
diced celery to taste (optional)
1 tsp. chili powder - or to taste
1 tsp. garlic powder - or to taste
1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning - or to taste
black pepper to taste

Mix it up and make sammiches with it, and you're good to go. :p Makes about 3 sandwiches. You can also mix in a few shakes of cayenne powder to give it a bit of a spicy kick if you like. :)

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
My recipe is based on 8 eggs (adjust accordingly to the size of dish you want to make) and I usually make it by eye, so some ingredients my have to be adjusted to your taste, but give this a go:

8 boiled eggs
1/3 to 1/2 cup of mayonnaise - add just enough to give it the right texture
1 1/2 tbsp. of yellow mustard
2 tsp. dijon mustard
1 tbsp. dill pickle juice (optional)
finely chopped green onion or chives to taste
1/2 tsp. paprika
few shakes of salt
pepper to taste

1. Mash eggs with a fork or potato masher to desired consistency.
2. Add all ingredients and thoroughly combine.

If you like, some people like to add about a tablespoon of sweet pickle relish, but I usually go without. Two eggs' worth makes a fairly thick sandwich, or you can get two sandwiches out of 3 eggs worth, depending on people's preferences. Enjoy! :)
My spin is that I use a pastry blender to chop up the white part of the eggs or put them through a potato ricer. I like the egg whites in tiny chunks. I agree with everything added except I replace all the mustards with Coleman’s Dry Mustard and add finely chopped celery.

My spin is that I use a pastry blender to chop up the white part of the eggs or put them through a potato ricer. I like the egg whites in tiny chunks. I agree with everything added except I replace all the mustards with Coleman’s Dry Mustard and add finely chopped celery.
I just use a fork to mash them up because I like playing with my food. :p But yeah, dry mustard would work too. Same for the finely chopped celery. Just put that in place of (or in addition to!) the green onion/chives. Either way, it's all tasty. :)

Latest posts