The One NON-DIMS RELATED Thing Annoying You Most Right Now Part Trois.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
tired of people complaining that it didn't snow. or that it snowed.. It is winter time in NYC.. IT snows here! It is not something new.. if you don't like the snow.. move to a place where it doesn't snow.. if you want more snow.. then move to Alaska, but stop complaining... ugh!

x0emnem0x

Words.
I dunno what's going on but I have legitimately sneezed about 30 times today and it's kind of ridiculous.

Victoria08

That moment when you're in bed, listening to your iPod, and you start downloading a new album...and you run out of space for new music half way through the downloading process.
:blink:

LeoGibson

Happy
Possible plantar fasciitis and the return of shin splints.

Calgon, take me away...
According to Dr. Google, I'm also dealing with a nasty case of PF. The first few minutes of walking after sitting or laying down for a while kills me. Feels like I got a spike driving through my left heel with every step.

MattB

Epicurean
According to Dr. Google, I'm also dealing with a nasty case of PF. The first few minutes of walking after sitting or laying down for a while kills me. Feels like I got a spike driving through my left heel with every step.
I got one of those foam roller massagers over the weekend to hit the calves and the feet, and that's been helpful. Compression socks too for running, but I've been taking it easy for the last few days since it's been snowy and freezing here.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Turns out my sister got duped buying a 4 month old dog for her 2 year old. The lady she got it from told her their dog got checked out and it was a pinched nerve and would be better... now after going to the vet ($600), turns out it is a complicated break. If not fixed, it could have bad permanent damage and result in his leg needing amputated. He is only 4 months old and in a lot of pain... the surgery will cost $2,000, and they can't afford it... it really sucks. I know it is sudden or random but I don't know where I would even post, but we started a donation site so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. More details here: http://www.giveforward.com/dashboard...r/229190/media

EMH1701

My coworker. His behavior has gotten worse over the past six months. I am starting to wonder if I have enough to go to the boss on it, but still, it is my word against his.

He does this bizarre thing where he likes to stand up in his cube and look down at me while I work. It's usually only for a minute or two. I asked him yesterday to please not do it because it made me uncomfortable, and he got all defensive and belligerent and told me I wasn't his boss and couldn't tell him what to do. I informed him that in this country, I have a legal right to ask him to stop doing something that makes me uncomfortable, and he was still very defensive. I also let him know it could be misconstrued as sexual harassment and that he could get into hot water for it. He got even more defensive and belligerent in his IMs.

I have also caught him following me occasionally on my breaks. I also asked him to please stop doing that, and he of course denied that he was doing it at all.

He's exhibited odd behavior, such as going 1/4 of the way across the building to another section where I was sitting for the day just to say hi, ostensibly. He could have IM'ed, called, or e-mailed me, but he walked there.

There was the strange "(insert company name here) is being nice to you by letting you put your jacket over your chair" thing that he said in a whisper to me several times when he first started working there.

Then there was the one time he tried to stop me from going home, yes, as I was walking down the stairs. He went up to me and was like "why are you in such a rush? You're always in such a rush." I explained that it was my time to go home, attempted to laugh it off, and said that I had to beat the rush hour traffic. He then continued the "why are you in such a rush?" questioning. I asked him to please sit down at his desk and do his work, because I was getting nervous by that point. Nobody has ever done that to me in my entire life. Nobody.

I am at my wit's end with this guy. The problem is that our boss doesn't want to be a boss and wants to work at another building 90% of the time and in our building 10% of the time. There is no one with any power watching what this guy does on a regular basis. Being able to work without being supervised is a requirement of this job, yet this guy obviously needs supervision and has blatantly stated he will not listen to me, even if I politely ask him something.

He is also totally incompetent. I have been copied on e-mails where he asked the help desk for help with a basic task of his job, the thing we were all trained on first. He has had responsibilities taken away from him because he doesn't know what he's doing and forgets to follow up with people.

This kind of thing would get anyone else fired, but not apparently my co-worker from Jamaica. I have gone to my boss on the obvious screw-ups where I had evidence in computer screen shots, but not the weird looking at me thing or following me around, because I have basically no proof of it other than the notes I am keeping on co-worker's strange behavior towards me.

I told a trusted friend about him from my old department yesterday, and she agreed that co-worker's behavior is creepy and that I should be careful. She is a senior what I am. Maybe she has pull to do something, I don't know.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Oops. Thanks Yakatori. Regardless, dunno if anyone wants to but if they do here is the link: https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/7hp7/help-heal-banner

Still greatly appreciated. A friend of mine referred us to a vet that may do it a lot cheaper and work with payment plans, but still needs some help financially as it will I assume cost more than she has. The first visit itself will probably cost $50 at least and the surgery... who knows. We will see.

Lamia

Like OMG!!
My family is annoying me, not just immediate family, but the tons of aunts and cousins on my facebook. They're all racist homophobes. I have maybe two cousins that I can think of that aren't. I have three nieces that aren't.

People think we have come a long way, but I got to tell you I have seen white people take a HUGE fucking step back. They're gotten a lot more vocal since President Obama took office, because ERRMAAGERRD black guy in power.

I am soooo close to just unfriending them because I would like facebook to be a place where I can talk with my peers and friends instead of keeping shit neutral so my hillbilly fucking inbred family doesn't DERP DA DERP GAYS DERP all over my facebook.

END RANT

:doh::mad:

Rojodi

My family is annoying me, not just immediate family, but the tons of aunts and cousins on my facebook. They're all racist homophobes. I have maybe two cousins that I can think of that aren't. I have three nieces that aren't.

People think we have come a long way, but I got to tell you I have seen white people take a HUGE fucking step back. They're gotten a lot more vocal since President Obama took office, because ERRMAAGERRD black guy in power.

I am soooo close to just unfriending them because I would like facebook to be a place where I can talk with my peers and friends instead of keeping shit neutral so my hillbilly fucking inbred family doesn't DERP DA DERP GAYS DERP all over my facebook.

END RANT

:doh::mad:
I have unfriended several family members and supposed friends because of their "political views:" They believe the president is a Muslim, they think you chose to be gay, and women need to stop whining and be thankful for their "places" in life.

It's made Facebook enjoyable.

Rojodi

Why do people feel the need to know what am I doing on Valentine's Day? And why do they feel to tell me that I'm not a "real man" for not celebrating? I don't because I show my love ALL YEAR ROUND!!

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
Why do people feel the need to know what am I doing on Valentine's Day? And why do they feel to tell me that I'm not a "real man" for not celebrating? I don't because I show my love ALL YEAR ROUND!!

Happy Valentine's Day Roj...

Oh and I forgot to wish you a Happy Columbus Day...my bad

:p

Saoirse

this is totally Dims-related but its pissing me the fuck off.

Every time I go to the 'new posts' page, its just loads and loads of people commenting on paysite threads. And since there are now 2 paysite sections, its twice as aggravating!!!!!!!!!

srsly, FUCK THIS PLACE.

CleverBomb

On Space Out
The way I used to deal with that was to hit the paysite board directly and from the second toolbar select Forum Tools, then Mark Forum Read from the dropdown menu.
Then, doing a New Posts search would exclude them since they wouldn't show up as "new".
Sometimes I'd do it to other boards as well if there was a lot of traffic in an area that didn't interest me.
Now, I suppose, you'd have to do that once for each of the two paysite boards.

Saoirse

The way I used to deal with that was to hit the paysite board directly and from the second toolbar select Forum Tools, then Mark Forum Read from the dropdown menu.
Then, doing a New Posts search would exclude them since they wouldn't show up as "new".
Sometimes I'd do it to other boards as well if there was a lot of traffic in an area that didn't interest me.
Now, I suppose, you'd have to do that once for each of the two paysite boards.
But that only lasts as long as no one else comments on a Paysite thread, which doesnt last.

Latest posts