The One NON-DIMS RELATED Thing Annoying You Most Right Now Part Trois.

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Carrie, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Mar 22, 2016 #9801

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

My phone has been a paperweight almost all day. After it wouldn't start normally, it locked up in the special access (or whatever you call it-- where you can reset to factory mode and so on) screen. Had to let it sit there until the battery ran down and hopefully it has shut itself off. Will charge it up when I get home, then see what happens.

In particular annoyed because:
    a) I've only had if for about a year and a half, but I bought it from a store (not a carrier) and the manufacturer warranty is only a year, so I'm on my own.
    b) I probably use my phone to come to Dims about 3x as often as a computer these days, so I may be extra-slow on responses and moderating for a bit, if it really is dead. (well, next step would be taking it to someone and give them a few days to confirm that they can't fix it either, then have to go buy something ... so I'm guessing a high chance I'll be phoneless for a couple of weeks.

2. Nov 13, 2016 #9802

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

Words.

Apparently I'm a shitty sister because instead of spending my Saturday night doing what I wanted to do, I'm annoyed that I have to watch my 4 year old niece. I love her to death, don't get me wrong, but my mom was supposed to watch her, and as we live together, my mom went to bed early (like 6 pm) and I got stuck watching her, and she did NOT wanna go to sleep, and didn't want to be alone, and wanted to cuddle, so she didn't sleep until around 10. I finally have a few days off, and just wanted to relax and drink tonight, unwind, do some gaming, but I couldn't. Only reason my sister needed a sitter is so she could go out and have fun and get drunk with her "friends" (who never wanna hang out unless they're drinking), and she works all week (40 hours a week full time she says, "maybe you should try it", as if it's my fault I only get part time hours right now), so instead of wanting to spend time with her daughter on the weekends, it pisses me off that she continually goes out. Not to mention she told me "get a life, to grow up and move out", and that "maybe mom would be watching her if I didn't live there". Well I sure as hell am not going to move out when I clearly don't have my life together, and it's not like I can save up when I am continually using money to buy things we need because my mom can't afford it due to giving my sister most of her money (almost $200 last week for my nieces daycare), and my sister never paying back the bills she promised to always pay (the $400/mo towards the phone bill for her and her boyfriend, for example)... That's funny coming from the one who is too afraid to sleep in her own HOUSE alone (she is super paranoid and has anxiety, and her boyfriend is out of state for job training)... it just pisses me off, she's selfish and knows that whenever she asks my mom to babysit, it always ends up being me. I knocked on the door earlier after getting home, it was locked, and my 4 year old niece unlocked the door, but what if it wasn't me?! My mom was in her room asleep and wasn't even bothered. I'm just annoyed, so we were arguing and her "friend" got on the phone and told me how shitty I was for arguing with my sister, and I should be ashamed, and that I was shitty for asking for money to babysit (I used to ask, when I was babysitting twice a week, which I took off work weekly BOTH of those days previously to babysit from 8a-5p), but apparently it's a horrible thing to ask for TWENTY dollars a week to babysit when I could be at work making MORE money - BTW, I never got the $20/wk I asked for anyway! Imagine that. Anyway....

End rant.

3. Nov 14, 2016 #9803

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

Curves for miles

She is damn lucky. I would have found out where she was.. and dropped her kid off. Told her.. your baby sitter fell asleep. I brought her here so that she doesn't get hurt. Have a great evening. And left the child there with her.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

4. Nov 21, 2016 #9804

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing

I agree with this....free baby sitting is not her RIGHT- especially after she just got through berating you (and I suspect this is because she is resentful that you don't carry the same responsibilities i.e. have kids). SHE and the dad got pregnant- not you.
    Her argument might hold water if she needed you to watch her child so she could go to work but to drink/party? Nah....she needs to grow up and take responsibility for her own life choices.
    This comes from a single mother of three kids, btw.

5. Nov 22, 2016 #9805

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

Words.

Yeah, I wish she would grow up. She quit drinking for awhile, but she feels like every weekend she needs to go out with coworkers, who she considers friends even though they never invite her out anywhere else except to go drinking and be irresponsible. She drove home after drinking the other night too, claims she waited to make sure she was okay, but she still shouldn't have drank! She is so irresponsible sometimes and she makes me feel bad because I don't work 40 hours a week and don't do this and that and the other... but you're right, she got pregnant, NOT me. She's lucky I am as free as I usually am to be able to watch my niece. I love my niece, I love watching her, but sometimes the amount we do watch her (my mom and I), it's too much! I live with my mom, and even when I don't feel up to watching her, I have to, because my mom doesn't pay attention and goes to bed early. It sucks. So she will ask me and when I say no, she goes right to my mom and asks her, who normally will say yes... Ugh.

6. Dec 1, 2016 #9806

socrates74

socrates74

socrates74

Dims only (Silly rabbit, FB is for girls), Male .
    Annoy me:....Many things. But as the song lyric says "Tell me what your problem is. So? what'cha going to do"?

7. Nov 20, 2019 #9807

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

I woke up this morning, so happy and brimming with motivation and excitement for the future, only to be told at very short notice that my abuser is coming over this morning when I'll be home alone. Also, he's been updated on all the newest details of my life. Things he no longer has any business knowing about. Things I know will be weaponised against me somehow. It's just what he does.

I know the person who made all this happen didn't have ill intent, but I can't help feeling thrown under the bus. So many of the PTSDs flowing through my veins right now. At least I know I'll be back to happy and excited if I can just be done with this day.

8. Nov 20, 2019 #9808

Aqw

Aqw

Aqw

So sad to read your post. I can't do much, appart maybe sending a :)
    Even though it may not do much.

ODFFA likes this.
  9. Nov 20, 2019 #9809

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

I hope that visit is done now. So sorry you had to go through that.

How are you doing?

ODFFA likes this.
  10. Nov 22, 2019 #9810

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

@Aqw @Tad

Thanks so much. You two are the sweetest. The visit went OK. Some mind games were played, but I handled them as best I could and talked the situation over with the person who inadvertently put me in that situation. So, everything is cleared up and I'm feeling so much better now <3

Tad and Aqw like this.
  11. Nov 22, 2019 #9811

Aqw

Aqw

Aqw

Good to read your post : happy for you :)