Quantcast

The thread for random single confessions!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Wes: When you get meet the woman who shoots back something like “Ah, that is why you are so fat -- to cushion the blow when I throw the vacuum cleaner at you.” Then you’ll have found your true match ;-)

Loopy: given the last bit you added in, I’d say it is just the perils (or perks!) of the job. Probably will help a lot of people get over some of their body hang-ups because touch is gonna happen. So long as you don’t start making opportunities, I think you are still good :) (to elaborate: if he has a tummy worth feeling up, good chance he is self-conscious about it, especially at 18 y.o. Repeat occurrences like this where someone is touching it, and it isn’t a big deal, they don’t recoil in disgust, they don’t say anything, they just carry on because really it isn’t all that big of a deal, will hopefully help normalize his body to him. So by making him more comfortable with being touched you’ve done a favour to him and to any future partners he may have).

and finally: IC that all the heat we’ve been getting this Summer has me kind of in ‘vacation mode’ including tendencies to forget about chores and to spend money much too vigorously. Need to get back into productive/thrifty mode! Far too big a pile of clothes needing ironing, cat hair is threatening to take over, and I really need to stop volunteering to buy ice coffee/lemonade/ice-cream once or twice a day!
That first bit sounds so much like something I would say to someone! :p

Oh definitely! You end up being pretty hands on with the people you work with! It doesn't help that the people I work with are all quite touchy-feely anyway... I had to remind one of the girl the other week that I am their boss, and slapping me on ass isn't appropriate behavior. :doh: But yeah, I think he is kinda self conscious about his size, but touching each other is such a common thing at the farm that it wasn't until about an hour later that I realised that was why he suddenly went all stiff and uncomfortable.

Eh. It's not a foul unless you start motorboating.
I'll have to resist the overwhelming urge, then. :p

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
How do blind people locate the brail below signs wihout seeing that there is a sign that requires brail to be below it?

And why is the thing people need to touch to read right beside buttons that say "do not touch, emergency door open"

Crumbling

Distilled Evil
How do blind people locate the brail below signs wihout seeing that there is a sign that requires brail to be below it?

And why is the thing people need to touch to read right beside buttons that say "do not touch, emergency door open"
never mind that ... who cleans up after the guide dog?

ODFFA

I find it funny, but hen i am a terrible person
Im a womens studies major and I laughed. Its funny as your sexism is not genuine and the joke mocks sexism itself.
Wes: When you get meet the woman who shoots back something like “Ah, that is why you are so fat -- to cushion the blow when I throw the vacuum cleaner at you.” Then you’ll have found your true match ;-)
Exactly. Ironic sexism is not real sexism.
Fifthed!

They hardly ever read the signs. The only signs that are of real practical significance to them are sometimes the ones on elevator buttons, and the ones on the tops of styrofoam cups. The sidewalk bumps near pedestrian crossings are awesome for them, too.

never mind that ... who cleans up after the guide dog?
They do.

And why are there numbers in braille on the keys of drive-up ATM's? :eek:
Heh! Just standardisation, I guess.

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!
Ce n'est pas possible, malheureusement. Les autres horaires des cours ne marchent pas pour moi, et je veux continuer avec l'Alliance Française. Nous espérons que je vais avoir un nouveau professeur le semestre prochain :rolleyes:
Mes sens francophone frissonent :p

Doivez-vous prendre cette classe? Votre intéret est il pour la qualification our simplement pour la joie d'étudier la langue?

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic

Doivez-vous prendre cette classe? Votre intéret est il pour la qualification our simplement pour la joie d'étudier la langue?
I just found out "Alouette" was about a hat and not about a goose being plucked to death. Ya'll are too fast paced for me. :rolleyes:

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
I just found out "Alouette" was about a hat and not about a goose being plucked to death. Ya'll are too fast paced for me. :rolleyes:
'Alouette' means 'skylark' in French*. I'm not sure why anyone would want to pluck a hat, but there's no accounting for tastes. :confused:

*Unless it's slang for 'pubic hair' or something.

ODFFA

About a hat, you say? The lengths they will go to, to frenchsplain their beastly songs!

Un Sassy sauvage est apparu!

Cette classe n'est pas obligatoire. Je prends des leçons surtout pour le plaisir de l'etudier, et deuxiemement pour obtenir le diplome DELF.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Et voilà - un chapeau alouette!

Even the most obscure discussions let us learn new things. I also only knew Alouette as a skylark, Alouette + hat brought no results - but Alouette + chapeau ..... there we go. Something outdoorsy - as befitting all Canada clichés!

View attachment chapeau alouette.jpg

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic
It was me that led her astray, I honestly thought it was about something else. I was led astray and perpetuated the lies!
Haha. Whenever we speak and I say something stupid or inaccurate I now call it an "Alouette" moment. :doh:

Also I have a distant French Canadian relative who can bust out that song like nobody's business. :p

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
Haha. Whenever we speak and I say something stupid or inaccurate I now call it an "Alouette" moment. :doh:

Also I have a distant French Canadian relative who can bust out that song like nobody's business. :p
just tell that cousin not to bust it out too early in the am. that is what got the lark plucked! lol

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Two for one:

Confession one: My second favorite brand of Gin comes with a bowler hat on top of the cap. After consuming and large quantity of the gin in question I may have taken the bowler hat and used it in a personal photo shoot. It was hard to balance it but the pictures came out super. Didn't have a monocle.

Confession two: I can't tie towels around what used to be my waist any more so instead I take one two and wrap it around muh butt and stuff it under my love handles to hold it in place, I take another and put around the front half of me and use my belly to hold it. It stays just perfectly

View attachment IMG_20160824_172726.jpg

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Two for one:

Confession one: My second favorite brand of Gin comes with a bowler hat on top of the cap. After consuming and large quantity of the gin in question I may have taken the bowler hat and used it in a personal photo shoot. It was hard to balance it but the pictures came out super. Didn't have a monocle.

Confession two: I can't tie towels around what used to be my waist any more so instead I take one two and wrap it around muh butt and stuff it under my love handles to hold it in place, I take another and put around the front half of me and use my belly to hold it. It stays just perfectly
Excellent confessions. 10/10

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
where did you find the monocle, dwes?

----

I find Dean's foodee tendancies on Supernatural super hawt

Esther

Queen Black Acid
just made a naked fridge sandwich

(when you are either extremely single or home alone, so you don't bother with a plate, you just crouch naked in front of the fridge and make a sandwich on your knees and then crawl in to the space between the side of the couch and the end table to eat it)

anyone?

Latest posts