• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Wellkeeper - My new comic with a positive, plus-sized lead character!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Artist of stuff
Hey there, all. I wanted to make this thread to introduce everyone to the newest comic I'm currently working hard on getting ready for release later this year. It's a new fantasy, adventure comic called The Wellkeeper©, and like many of the things I draw, it happens to have a female lead who is plus-sized. While her size has nothing to do with the story overall, it is something I think is important to mention since more often than not, especially in comics, larger characters usually are there as little more than comedy relief or for the ever-present fat joke. I hardly consider myself an activist of any kind, but I do like to present strong female characters that can be beautiful no matter what size they are in contrast to all the other stereotypes out there. But, all that aside, here's a little preview of some of the art and a brief story summary...

Click to Embiggen

The cover to the first issue, coming soon

The Wellkeeper© is the tale of a young girl named Zoe, a girl running for her life because of a special gift she inherited... a power passed down from Mother to Daughter connecting Zoe to the life energy of the planet itself.

Zoe is the latest in a long line of women know as Wellkeepers. She is charged with the task of guarding the living energies of the earth itself, energies flowing from points across the globe called Wellsprings.

This gift enables Zoe not only to communicate with all forms of life, but to actually control the life energies of the Wellsprings. This ability to control even extends, to varying degrees, to plant life and animals. Even Zoe’s emotions impact the weather and she can feel the lifeforce of all living things.

Zoe has just received this gift, but already there are forces at work trying to kill her for it.

She is hunted by a mysterious figure known only as the Oddman, a black- garbed man with a spiny, skull-like mask who commands animals through the Black Fire.

The Black Fire is a force that exists in opposition to the Wellspring. It is the energy that exists in the absence of life. Through the Black Fire, the Oddman can torture, kill, and control the actions of animals. And even some weak- willed people.

Now, Zoe is on the run. Believing that the Oddman murdered her parents to get to her, she is trying to reach her Grandmother, Luludja and safety. On her journey, Zoe’s only friend is a raccoon named Sebastian.

A raccoon who is inhabited by the spirit of a boy murdered by the Oddman.

A boy who fell head- over-heels in love with Zoe.

Click to Embiggen

The cover of a convention exclusive Sketchbook

Go to THE WELLKEEPER dot COM to find sketches and developmental art behind this exciting new adventure, along with a sneak preview of the first seven pages of the comic itself. I truly hope you like what you see and come along for the ride when this new comic premiers later this year!

--The Wellkeeper, All characters and content Copyright © 2009 Derrick Fish

Back