• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Too picky for the fat girl in the family…

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prettyeyes77

I have heard from family and friends for years how they wish my sister, and female cousins my age were more picky about the men they date. And then they turn around and tell me that I shouldn’t be so pick about guys… And when pressed on why it all comes down to my being big… I’m just as pretty, smart, and funny as the other girls in the family (more so by most accounts) but just one aspect of me isn’t up to mainstream standards and I should settle for less, and be grateful??? I’m extremely thankful for my father who seems to be the only person in the family who doesn’t want me to settle. But I just can’t wrap my head around the blatant double standard and the idea that people who supposedly love me want me to sell myself so short.

Do any of you get this from your family??? And how do you deal with it?

I am really defiant about the whole thing, and can be rather cold and condescending towards whomever brings it up, but sometimes when I'm done being spiteful I am really hurt and upset about it, in privet. :mad::(

Back