Too picky for the fat girl in the family…

Discussion in 'BBW/FA Board' started by prettyeyes77, Nov 26, 2011.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine by donating:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

1. Jan 22, 2012 #21

TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble

[/QUOTE]
    I've heard girls say about big girls or ugly girls they see on the street "how'd she get him? Why do all these "insert insult here" girls get a guy and I am still single?" I want to say maybe because you're a self-involved hyper critical picky bitch, but I don't. :p

[/QUOTE]

This is so funny because I remember years ago reading this article in some high fashion magazine written by this woman who was SHOCKED that her boyfriend had either left her for a "fat" woman or started dating a fat woman soon after they broke up. I think the article may have even been titled "My boyfriend left me for a fat woman" or something like that, you know, because that is SO shocking. In the article, she talks about calling all her friends together to discuss this and they get into all this psychoanalysis of why on earth this "normal" guy would choose to date a fat woman. It was so inconceivable to them. The whole time I'm sitting there thinking, "I know why. I can already tell by your writing that you're a f------ bitch." I guess they needed a fat lady to solve that mystery for them. :p

Lamia likes this.
  2. Jan 22, 2012 #22

lottapounds

lottapounds

lottapounds

happy mutant

3. Jan 23, 2012 #23

Saoirse

Saoirse

Saoirse

My bestie actually tells me the opposite. He never thinks the guys I go out with are good enough for me. He's always saying I can do better.

On one hand, its wonderful knowing that my friend wants whats best for me and he's always pushing me to work for it... but sometimes HE'S too picky for me! Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever date a guy that he approves of completely!

My family never has a say in the matter, which doesnt bother me at all.

4. Jan 24, 2012 #24

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)

I totally agree with this post. My son is a wonderful, caring, loving, nice man who has had more than his share of bitchy, cheating sluts. He is DONE - for now. His heart has been shattered and it will take a LOOOONG time and a very special lady to grab his attention again...and she will have to be the aggressor.

Hugs, home.

5. Feb 3, 2012 #25

LordQuas

LordQuas

LordQuas

¢reflow Dollar$

Ive gotten the same thing from former friends about my taste in women.
    One of my closest friends from HS openly told me he didnt want to hang out anymore because it was "embarrassing" to be seen with the guy who likes fat chicks.
    I beat the crap out of another "friend" from HS because he wouldnt shut up about how sad it was that the only way I could get any was by "ugly fat chicks". I noted that he was just jealous because he knew his penis was too small to ever have sex with a big girl (crude and tasteless I know, I was very crude and tasteless at 17) and he was none too pleased.
    My family seems to take more of an issue with my mates being white as opposed to their size but the combination of fat AND white definitely causes some "shame" for some of my family.
    At this point I love the negativity, makes it very easy to remove people from my life who aren't contributing positively to it.

6. Feb 5, 2012 #26

FatAndProud

FatAndProud

FatAndProud

I never have introduced a boyfriend to my family for various reasons. My family probably thinks I'm a lesbian, but whatever.

My tastes would more than likely shock them, but they have all been decent men. So, whatever :p

7. Feb 5, 2012 #27

Allie Cat

Allie Cat

Allie Cat

My mother tends to think that my boyfriends are not good enough for me. She usually feels the same way about my girlfriends.

...though, she's usually right. I settle hardcore because I have such low self esteem and no decent guys show interest in me.

willowmoon likes this.
  8. Feb 9, 2012 #28

PhiloGirl

PhiloGirl

PhiloGirl

is still around

That is an awesome way of thinking, I'll have to try to flip my own outlook to this...

9. Feb 9, 2012 #29

AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy

My family have never given me any grief about who I date, or any actual opinion at all, because they can't - they've never met anyone I've dated, and nor have my friends. :p After reading the way some families have treated people here, I'm really grateful they've never tried to imply anything about my love life, or what they think I deserve. Even my eldest sister - who has a harsh opinion on just about everything about me - has never expressed dubiousness about who I should end up with.

Friends though... UGH. The few times they insist they've found a perfect match for me, who I've got sooo much in common with... turns out the only thing we have in common is that we're fat. Because fat people only date each other, obviously. :rolleyes:

tonynyc likes this.
  10. Feb 10, 2012 #30

LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz

It's also probably worth asking yourself why these kinds of people keep ending up in your circle to begin with. A lot of guys on here talk about how their friends are not that judgmental and couldn't give two sh*ts about how fat or thin their girlfriends are. So if it's something you keep encountering, it's worth looking at the pattern from your side of things too - in terms of who you tend to choose for friends and why.

(There you have my unsolicited advice. :p)

11. Feb 10, 2012 #31

LordQuas

LordQuas

LordQuas

¢reflow Dollar$

It's not something I really encounter anymore, certainly not from people I associate with on a regular basis. It's not like I was sitting around constantly taking crap from people around me, you say something messed up to me one time and Im cutting you off. Ive never had much of a problem hanging around "friends" who treat me like crap because most people have felt more than comfortable treating me like crap way before we could ever become friends and I have too much self respect to deal with that.

12. Feb 10, 2012 #32

Captain Save

Captain Save

Captain Save

never had a 40

This entire thread reminds me of why I don't ask my daughter any questions in this arena. While I've jokingly threatened to casually and immediately assassinate any clearly undesirable candidates for her affections to whom I am introduced (picture a loud, angry battle-scarred Lil Wayne lookalike wearing exposed boxers, more gold that Mr. T and a house arrest bracelet who rudely sneers at me in disdain and gets visibly agitated upon hearing police sirens), my only concerns are her health, happiness and safety. If she doesn't want me shooting him, she'll have to keep these types away from me if she's going to get involved with them. Outside of such a character I try not to give her any negative feedback or introduce her to anyone I think is more suitable; she has to find someone that makes her happy on her own, and I have to respect and trust her to do that.

13. Feb 10, 2012 #33

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

This can be embarrassing from the other side. When I met my wife I didn't think I was anything that special, and I certainly considered her very desirable, but her Mom..... well, she all but said to my wife, in front of me, do whatever you have to in order to keep this one, you won't do this well again. :eek:

That was certainly uncomfortable, and also worried me a bit--did she really like me, or was she just trying to please her mom?

In other words, not only do people who do this hurt the self-esteem of the one they are belittling, they could also be hurting their dating life when they do meet someone. :doh:

Wish I could could go to all those family members and just say "STOP IT!"

14. Mar 6, 2012 #34

aztecprinc3ss

aztecprinc3ss

aztecprinc3ss

Mom my told me that if I wanted to get a boyfriend I should lose weight. She didn't say it to be mean it's just that society is cruel and there is more men that make fun of big women than there are who love them. Of course I think there a lot of closets bbw admirers...

15. Mar 6, 2012 #35

idontspeakespn

idontspeakespn

idontspeakespn

Rabble-rousing since 1982

Well, my family is the opposite, which is actually annoying in and of itself.

They regard me in some ridiculous way, as if I'm Joan of Arc, Amelia Earheart, Galileo, Michelle Obama, Princess Diana and Albert Einstein all in one shot.

My father wanted me to settle down and give him grandchildren but wasn't really willing to give his only daughter to just any boob.

And my mother...she is one of those very sweet, very polite people who, in her very sweet and polite way disapproves of any man I date because they

1) aren't Worldy,
    2) aren't extremely Rich
    3)aren't Royalty or
    4) haven't cured cancer.

Seriously. It does get annoying. :doh:

16. Mar 6, 2012 #36

vardon_grip

vardon_grip

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy

wrong forum. apologies

17. Mar 6, 2012 #37

Deven

Deven

Deven

Wendigo

My mom worries about my weight from a medical standpoint, but she doesn't think any man is too good for me. She would constantly say, "You're beautiful, and you have a beautiful brain. Why are you bringing trash home?" My brother has also always been very critical about my weight, but he has never said anything about my weight and my choice in boyfriends, which surprises me. I don't think he thinks I'm limited in the quality I can bring home... he just seems to have the same reaction about my exes as my mom. When I told him I was marrying my ex, he just shook his head and said, "No you aren't." He was right.

18. Mar 7, 2012 #38

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home In Remembrance

If I were thin, I wouldn't want to be with a man who made fun of fat people anyway.