Quantcast

Travelling the world... places to be?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Hi there,

as I work and live for travelling I am really interested in many different places on this beautiful planet. I travel mainly across Europe. Greece is always a good place to be for me.
I would like to know your favorite places - whether it is the region you come from, the place you spent your last holiday or the place you are dreaming of for your next holiday.

For me the place I need to see in future is this beach at St. Maarten.
Being close to these huge aircrafts... incredible...
Has anyone of you been there?

02:05 ♥

I would be happy to get to know your favourites...

Reactions: Aqw

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
A bunch of my favorite places are in Europe, so probably not exciting to you.

Elsewhere:
- the big island of Hawaii. Less beaches than most of Hawaii but less built up, observatories, an active volcano, and Mona coffee

- "cottage country" here in Canada. Maybe nowhere more than Lake of the Woods, which is big enough and far enough from the bigger cities that much of its vast shoreline isn't developed. This is all an area of low granite hills that were bare by glaciers and have only thin soil now, and filled with lakes with clear fresh water with many islands. Puttering around in a boat on a warm day, stopping to swim often, maybe a bit of fishing ... jut so relaxing!
https://www.google.com/search?q=lake+of+the+woods&client=ms-android-alcatel&prmd=minv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjlg93tpcnmAhWLdd8KHbH-Dh8Q_AUoAnoECBIQAg&biw=412&bih=538&dpr=2.63#imgrc=FzUlfN9NJlHKVM

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
A bunch of my favorite places are in Europe, so probably not exciting to
Europe has a variety of countries and landscapes, cultures and traditions.. I am far from "I have seen them all." That is not even the case for Germany :rolleyes:

Tell me about your favourite places in Europe, too - I could reach them probably much easier... :cool:

Aqw

Hi there,

as I work and live for travelling I am really interested in many different places on this beautiful planet. I travel mainly across Europe. Greece is always a good place to be for me.
I would like to know your favorite places - whether it is the region you come from, the place you spent your last holiday or the place you are dreaming of for your next holiday.

For me the place I need to see in future is this beach at St. Maarten.
Being close to these huge aircrafts... incredible...
Has anyone of you been there?

02:05 ♥

I would be happy to get to know your favourites...
I like Italy very much : the country and the food. Tuscany is brilliant :)

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
I agree with you about Greece.For me, the island of Santorini has a special kind of magic (also an incredibly good local retsina that cannot be had outside Greece). And speaking of magical, that sums up my feelings about Buenos Aires. It was planned in the 19th century in imitation of Paris, but I think it surpasses the original. If you go, be sure to have at least one meal at the legendary Italian restaurant Broccolini's: it's not fancy or expensive, but it's heavenly.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
@Aqw - you are absolutely right!

Here some of my favourite places I've been to:

Ireland's west coast - Connemara, Burren, Cliffs of Moher, amazing landscapes, all different but each is beautiful in its own way.

Marrakech, Morocco. Old town of Marrakech with its incredible colors and scents of spices.

Costa de la Luz. Spain, amazing beaches on Atlantic coastline.

Island of Spinalonga, Greece, Crete, Aghios Nikolaos / Elounda, very interesting and impressive place that was used as asylum for those people who suffered from leprosy until the mid 1950s. Even if it is crowded by lots of tourists today this place made quite an impression on me.

Some of my favourite Cities:
Berlin, Germany (of course...)
Lisboa, Portugal
Dublin, Ireland
Chania, Greece
Barcelona, Spain
Århus, Denmark

and many, many more...

bustybbwlover

deutsch. englisch ja.
Français - je suis un peu paresseux de pratiquer... c'est mieux que je dire je ne peux pas parler français...;)

french and english for me
I'd say the same thing as you with french for me with german ( I didn't speak it for many years..)

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
A few of my favorite things in Europe then:

In and near Paris:
- Versailles, all of the insides, the gardens, and especially the fountains when they are running
- The Orangerie (smallish art museum, where the famous Water Lillies painting ard)
- Once, and hopefully some time again, the view from the towers of Notre Dame cathedral
- the nutella crepes from street vendors

Northern France:
- the stormy coasts of Brittany, especially taken in from the walls of St. Malo
- Mont-Medi, a small hill-top village with extensive earth-work walls, from the age of cannon. Too small/poor/isolated to have been re-developed so still has that sense of the time and place
- the cathedral in Amiens
- visiting vinyards in Alsace (probably my favorite wine region)

Elsewhere:
- Brugge, belgium
- the wine festival in Vinnegan (spelling?) near Koblenz
- Florence, Sienna, heck most of northern Itally!
- being up high in the alps, either for skiing or just to look
- the statues around the old palace in Budapest
- The Hermitage museum in St. Petersburg
- Vienna (the pastry, the music, the gracefulness of the core of the city ...)

Aqw

A few of my favorite things in Europe then:

In and near Paris:
- Versailles, all of the insides, the gardens, and especially the fountains when they are running
- The Orangerie (smallish art museum, where the famous Water Lillies painting ard)
- Once, and hopefully some time again, the view from the towers of Notre Dame cathedral
- the nutella crepes from street vendors

Northern France:
- the stormy coasts of Brittany, especially taken in from the walls of St. Malo
- Mont-Medi, a small hill-top village with extensive earth-work walls, from the age of cannon. Too small/poor/isolated to have been re-developed so still has that sense of the time and place
- the cathedral in Amiens
- visiting vinyards in Alsace (probably my favorite wine region)

Elsewhere:
- Brugge, belgium
- the wine festival in Vinnegan (spelling?) near Koblenz
- Florence, Sienna, heck most of northern Itally!
- being up high in the alps, either for skiing or just to look
- the statues around the old palace in Budapest
- The Hermitage museum in St. Petersburg
- Vienna (the pastry, the music, the gracefulness of the core of the city ...)
You know Europe well :)

Latest posts