unpopular opinions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rojodi

Hollywood lacks of fresh ideas. The episodes eight and nine of Star Wars suck. It's not so easy to say after all those years praising SW.

I still love BSG Classic. The Cylon Empire took Disney!
Plenty of women scriptwriters with new, fresh ideas.
Plenty of Native American scriptwriters with fresh, new ideas.

Colonial Warrior

Plenty of women scriptwriters with new, fresh ideas.
Plenty of Native American scriptwriters with fresh, new ideas.
There is a plethora of new writers. The problem is that Disney and Co. wants to stick to the old formulas. The latest two episodes of SW seem to me like Latin-American soap operas.

When I was in the movie theater watching those horrible episodes, I was telling to myself "when this sh-- is gonna be over?"

Hollywood need a space opera with the quality of Babylon 5!

Rojodi

There is a plethora of new writers. The problem is that Disney and Co. wants to stick to the old formulas. The latest two episodes of SW seem to me like Latin-American soap operas.

When I was in the movie theater watching those horrible episodes, I was telling to myself "when this sh-- is gonna be over?"

Hollywood needs to have a fan of B5 write the script or at the very least, the story to base the movie on.

Colonial Warrior

Also, the bigwigs need to learn to take chances in the name of originality more often. We're up to our eyeballs in people trying to recreate their childhoods and it's well beyond played out at this point.
You are right! It's nice all those wonderful stuff from yesterday. I like the sci fi stuff from the 70s and 80s but it is time to fresh ideas.

I wasn't an expert in action movies but one in particular got my attention like no other action film. I didn't remember the year of its debut but its title is Vanishing Point. It has an original style of narrative!

Salacious Caitlin

If someone would remake B5 with a little better acting and a bit less cheesiness, kind of like how they remade BG (I know, I'm late to the party on that one, currently binge-watching Season 3), I would totally watch that. I still remember the 'secession' episode.

Most things I'm watching now aren't Hollywood. Altered Carbon, The Expanse. The wavefront of creativity may have moved on.

Latest posts

Group builder