• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Using the F word at "plus-size" stores

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChubbyPuppy

I went to Catherine's today. I wouldn't normally but I needed bras, and sometimes, among the frumpy old lady clothes and granny panties, they happen to have some bras that actually fit me, and they were having a big sale.

I think I just about got myself kicked out.

I'm always pretty snarky about clothes shopping, because I hate that I have to choose between low-quality, ugly, or both if I want to get anything from a brick-and-mortar store, but today I guess I was worse than usual thanks to only having 4 hours of sleep.

My boyfriend was looking at the spanx "uber extreme control panty" or something like that and, being a guy, asked me what the hell they were for. My reply "Oh, constricting stuff, you know, so you can pretend you're not fat."

The sales lady overheard this and gave me the dirtiest look ever before grabbing the bras from my hand and asking if I was ready to check out.

Anyway, moral of the story, don't ever say "fat" at a fat lady store. You are apparently required to use one of the many idiotic euphemisms such as "plus-size" or my personal favorite "woman" because obviously if you're less than a size 20 you aren't actually female. :doh:

I don't know if there's a point to this post, I just wanted to rant a little bit. Thanks for hearing me out, y'all.

Latest posts

Back