Venting!

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Tad, Apr 20, 2015.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine by donating:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

1. Sep 30, 2015 #41

dwesterny

dwesterny

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump

There is a backpack in the picture?

2. Sep 30, 2015 #42

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

Wes: For some reason the chorus of this song is now playing in my head ...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYbZbfqf09Y[/ame]

Not that Xyantha would ever spin around and do that ...

Xyantha: my sympathies, to at least some extent. I can see how having 'all the right stuff in all the right places' is actually the wrong places for some things -- and you may prefer practical to decorative a lot of the time. So I'm sympathetic.

But I'm also guessing you still have less fit problems than your husband, and get more sympathy for those problems from most people, which is why my sympathy is a little bit muted. I think you have the sort of problems that lots of people might love to have :p

3. Sep 30, 2015 #43

dwesterny

dwesterny

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump

I do sympathize Xy. I just bought this shirt in my usual size and look at the terrible fit. Clearly they are making these smaller to save on fabric.

4. Oct 1, 2015 #44

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

Curves for miles

@ Xy... maybe try a backpack that has a more adjustable top strap if they have it.
    @DWest... there is absolutely nothing wrong with that fit....but a great way to post a selfie! lol

5. Oct 1, 2015 #45

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Found a backpack. It is black with pink trim. It is sexy. And was 200 dollars. FML!!!

And yes. Agree with Lucca - I fail to see the size issue. In fact, I barely see the belly indentation so it almost seems loose to me =P

6. Oct 1, 2015 #46

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

This wont render on my phone, will need to watch this at home

7. Oct 1, 2015 #47

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Actually i have more fit problems for everything than he does, ironically! And unless the woman is big chested herself most girls just roll their eyes or say they should be so lucky. I know it sounds sexy 'cuz its the chesticles but its genuinely annoying when even utility items dont fit. Between my height, hips and chest, plus my curved spine and ass, i couldnt find a single one that didnt have me in debilitating agony after a few blocks and having migraines every night from the pressure on my shoulders, ribs, and the curve above my tailbone. It took $200 to find a backpack that fit, including having a "spine" on the backpack itself to fit to my back. That is after spending a few hundred bucks on different styles. That level of expendature? Thats normal for things that fit, not exceptional. That makes it more rage enducing than cute :(

Most of my bras? 2-3 times the price of what most girls have. Cant shop online. Cant get cute patterns on ones with support. Even spending $100 plus bucks on a bra doesnt give the support i need while exercising. Clothes i am used to, but backpacks? That made me have a little temper tantrum!

Look at this industrial thing i ended up getting! Is specifically made for curvy girls; has lumbar support (what bag has lumbar support?) and wide flaps for the hips.

8. Oct 1, 2015 #48

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

I apologize for my lack of sympathy. It was unwarranted, and I really should realized that size alone does not define who has fit problems.

Higher end hiking/camping backpacks often have lumbar support (as well as a frame, some of which can be shaped), but for sure they are NOT cheap.

(maddeningly for me, the larger packs are all designed with hip straps, which are designed to support most of the weight of the pack. I have no hips. Even at over fifty pounds lighter I had no hips and those straps would do essentially nothing, other than hold the pack against me while it kind of perched on my butt. So expensive backpacks are fairly wasted on me, which was fairly annoying when I wasted money on them because I was going to be carrying them for weeks. I should have just gotten a canoe pack, which has no structure but has a forehead strap for getting some of the weight off the shoulders.)

9. Oct 1, 2015 #49

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

I didnt mean it that way! I was more pouty face answering, not pissy. Thats what i get for answering on my phone!

Thats actually exactly what i got - a hiking backpack! :)

10. Oct 1, 2015 #50

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

You didn't sound pissy -- I just believe in apologizing properly when I was in the wrong--especially on-line where body language and voice tone can't do a lot of the job. (I'm not nearly as stuffy in person as on-line--honest! I just find being rather formal on-line reduces 'stuff')

11. Oct 1, 2015 #51

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

^^^ so canadian LOL

Typical roundabout :p
    Im sorry it was taken the wrong way!
    Im sorry for you being sorry, i misunderstood!
    Im sorry you thought my sorry was insencere!
    Im sorry for the miscommunication!

It is true though, there could be worse problems then having curves!

12. Oct 1, 2015 #52

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

lol.

And I'm sorry we took up so much board space with being sorry :p

13. Oct 3, 2015 #53

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

Curves for miles

I had a very decadent pancake at 7am this morning. Blueberry pancake with whipped cream and walnut in syrup and bacon of course. It took me an hour to eat it, but I was in heaven.

Then the other shoe dropped. I was so sick for the rest of the day. I couldn't eat anything else until about 5pm. I have a ball shaped lump in my belly the whole day. Distended/bloated stomach I guess. Or a big gas bubble. (lol)

UGH!! darn body. Now even pancakes make me sick. Pretty soon I won't be able to eat anything but air!

14. Nov 29, 2015 #54

Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai

Actually, I wandered over to see if anyone was aware of a catalog that my wife just received (that, frankly, made my eyes pop out). Having finally found the 2nd one under the sofa, and re-inserting, I'm ready to post.

Initially, I was going to see if people here were aware of the Torrid catalog. I see that you are, but no more about that.

About being sorry: Some 27 years ago, when I was working in MA, two of my old friends came out to visit from MN. One of them, a young lady I had worked with, kept finding herself in awkward situations and saying "Oops! I'm sorry." Charming as they were, they were quite unnecessary. To put her at ease, I finally said "If you don't quit saying "I'm sorry", I'm going to . . . to . . . hug you!"

Well! You should have heard the "I'm sorry"s come tumbling out after that! And hug her I did . . . repeatedly, first, because I promised to. After that, because it felt to good (she was a BBW, after all).

It didn't work because, 27 years later, she still gets a lot of hugs. Her name is now Mrs Ho Ho.

Tad and CleverBomb like this.
  15. Mar 18, 2016 #55

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!

i have to vent! i ordered some clothes online from woman within. i got the customary email that said 'hey, your clothes were delivered!'. i checked the mailbox. nothing. i checked both porches. nada.

i got on ww live chat to see what i do. there was tracking, but it said they were delivered. the lady pretty much told me that i am out of luck and i would have to take it up with the carriers. so much for customer service.

i called the post office. they explained the pack goes fedex and gets handed off to them at our local post office for final delivery. i explained that i order this way regularly and was already aware of that, but that the fedex tracking indicated they had already handed off and supposedly usps had delivered my item the 15th. i explained i did not receive.

so they told me i was wrong and that the tracking was for where they got the hand off and that it should deliver the next day. 16th. so i hung up and waited all day the 16th. nothing.

this morning i called our local post office again, re-explained what was going on. this lady told me yes, it was showing that they delivered it the 15th. i told her i did not receive and was weird since my mail man generally leaves it on the porch if it won't fit in the box. she finally told me that we had a new carrier on our route and that it was probably mis-delivered. she said she would send someone out to try to locate my package and call me back.

no call.

so i called AGAIN this afternoon. i had to explain yet again to yet another person what was going on. they checked the computer and the woman told me that it had been put in the wrong chute and was on it's way back to charlotte. she said she contacted the charlotte office and it would get back to our local post office tomorrow. i should have it saturday.

i am thinking that they mis delivered it the 15th, someone put it back out yesterday and they were returning it back to the sender. :(

hopefully it will actually get returned back to our local office and get delivered to me.

ug.