• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Vitamins and supplements

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechelle

There was a blurb about vitamins in the WLS forum. I thought it would be a good thread for supplements here.

I personally take UpCal-D I get it from vitalady.com. As a woman in my 30s it is important to really make sure I have the proper calcium I need to avoid bone problems in the future. Proper calcium intake and weight bearing exercise are the two best things to help fight osteoperosis. My stepmother has the beginnings of osteoperosis and it is already causing great pain to her so all of my sisters have started using calcium. Calcium carbonate like found in viactive chews and most other calcium suppliments are good for anyone that has not had any bariatric surgery. If you have had WLS you need calcium citrate such as citrical, because of the lack of stomach acid the calcium citrate is better for absorption after WLS.

I also take a multivitamin with iron, which is a bit hard to find, most do not contain iron. The one source teen vitamins I get at walmart have iron in them and they can be broken up into small pieces to help the to throughly disolve and absorb into your system. To much iron causes constipation... beware!!!

I also take other vitamins and supplements such as vit C and b12 and damon swears he feels better if he takes his other supplements such as juice plus and greens plus.

I also swear by airborne... if i even start to feel a tickle of a head cold I start taking it every few hours and it never seems to come on full blown and only lasts about 3 days. I love that stuff and keep it in stock at home at all times.

Latest posts

Back