• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

We Don't Need An Excuse!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
A new tumblr site has started in response to the photo that recently went viral from fitness "expert" and mother of 3 Maria Kang. In case you missed it, here's the photo in question:

384244_474951962535764_1336552263_n.jpg

Most in fat activism took the underlying message to mean that there's never an excuse to be fat, and reacted accordingly. Ms Kang, who has received considerable publicity over the picture (another person making money off of fat people) even appeared on ABC's Good Morning America Show. After considerable criticism, however, she published a half hearted "apology" on her Facebook & personal web pages. Here's what she said:

I've been getting an influx of new followers, emails and comments (on my profile pic) recently. Some saying I'm a bully, I'm fat-shaming and I need to apologize for the hurt I've caused women. I get it. SO here's my First and Final Apology:

I'm sorry you took an image and resonated with it in such a negative way. I won't go into details that I struggled with my genetics, had an eating disorder, work full time owning two business', have no nanny, am not naturally skinny and do not work as a personal trainer. I won't even mention how I didn't give into cravings for ice cream, french fries or chocolate while pregnant or use my growing belly as an excuse to be inactive.

What I WILL say is this. What you interpret is not MY fault. It's Yours. The first step in owning your life, your body and your destiny is to OWN the thoughts that come out of your own head. I didn't create them. You created them. So if you want to continue 'hating' this image, get used to hating many other things for the rest of your life. You can either blame, complain or obtain a new level of thought by challenging the negative words that come out of your own brain.

With that said, obesity and those who struggle with health-related diseases is literally a 'bigger' issue than this photo. Maybe it's time we stop tip-toeing around people's feelings and get to the point. So What's Your Excuse?

So, this tumblr site is called "We Don't Need An Excuse", and has some great pics of some incredible people who post their "excuses" to the world. Here are just a few of them.

tumblr_mva8znhhUP1slflm9o1_500.png

tumblr_mv8c9pfiZw1slflm9o1_400.png

tumblr_mv7000p5NZ1slflm9o1_500.png

tumblr_mvan94Z8an1slflm9o1_500.png

Please check it out if you haven't seen this yet.

Latest posts

Back