What’s on the dinner table (part 2)?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Orchid

Chicken fillets Piri-Piri
Salad: romaine, plum tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, sweet dill pickles and black olives.
Rice, green peas and grated coconut.
Homemade cantaloupe melon rind pickles.
Fresh mango.

Orchid

@DazzlingAnna looks great.
Here also cucumber salad with the cheese slicer I can do very thin slices found out by accident, instead of kitchen knife wielded the cheese slicer.........drizzle of red onion vinegar with bits of the pickled onion diy.
Chicken fillets in oven with lemon, spices and a little soy sauce to caramelize.
Potato salad with mayonnaise, eggs, fresh herb dill, herbamare salt, milled pepper, sweet bell peppers yellow, orange,red, golden onion and scallions.Made enough potato salad for 2 days food + sandwiches.
Fresh strawberries and peach tea.

Orchid

Leftover beef stew with carrots and onions from yesterday's cooking dinner.
Boiled brussels sprouts with a little nutmeg and sea salt.
Paprika airfryer fries.
Brownie pudding from grocery shop. Split the jar with s/o he got biggest half.
Fresh apricots.

Orchid

Beef strips with onion panfried in butter.
Casserole potatoes, tomatoes, shallots, olive oil, rosemary.
Steamed bok choy.

Orchid

Shell pasta, sweet bell peppers yellow, orange, red, scallions, shallot, vine tomatoes, chestnut mushrooms, olive oil.
Cheese/tomato sauce.
Cheese slices cut into small bits.
===After dinner got some raspberries from the garden and made one small jar raspberry vinegar. A lot of raspberry plants died with last years heatwaves so only have a bit that survived growing under rose and honeysuckle. Has some sparse fruits and birds ate some bits of few ripe, got ripe ones hidden in leaves for vinegar. I used one of those Kikkoman table bottle/jar filled it with rasberries added white vinegar to cover immerse all the fruit. In a few weeks it will turn red. Then I strain out fruit maybe add a bit of sugar/salt.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
This is what happens here when I miss lunch and get a first hand recommendation for a new restaurant including delivery service.
20200617_210958.jpg
Some thoughts to add...
1. I need to have choice. (my son as well)
2. I didn't eat all. ;)
3. A lot of leftovers for breakfast (pizza), lunch (chicken burger) tomorrow.
4. I didn't order the salad. 🤣
5. If you ever have the chance (and like sweet desserts) try Künefe

Shotha

DM Supporter
This is what happens here when I miss lunch and get a first hand recommendation for a new restaurant including delivery service.
View attachment 136422
Some thoughts to add...
1. I need to have choice. (my son as well)
2. I didn't eat all. ;)
3. A lot of leftovers for breakfast (pizza), lunch (chicken burger) tomorrow.
4. I didn't order the salad. 🤣
5. If you ever have the chance (and like sweet desserts) try Künefe

I've tried it. It's known as kataifi in Greece. It's delicious.

Orchid

We are having few days of heatwave.is like 33C here and indoors gets 28C no A/C here.
The 25 june is anniversary I live together 38 years since 1982 together. Not married.
Roasted small french farm chicken, mini tomatoes in many colors, french baguette finished baking in oven 10 minutes and small deli salads in paste form he eggs/curry and me the salmon.
Bottle of white wine still leftover from the Xmas I had 1/2 small glass and he drink the rest.
No House Wine from S.A. western cape Chenin Blanc - Sauvignon Blanc he prefers red wine but still drink to finish is thirsty weather here.
He again this year forgot flowers no gift but did pick up my pharmacy Rx meds and the few groceries,he forgot was our anniversary is always very busy with work. I am homebound and of course could have ordered my own flowers online but my brain is zombi too many meds too many years, just tired of it.

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
We are having few days of heatwave.is like 33C here and indoors gets 28C no A/C here.
That’s called normal here (metropolitan Los Angeles area), this time of year. Those are almost the exact temperatures outside/inside here yesterday. The real fun happens when it gets to the 40s°C range—thankfully not now and not soon (here). Overnight lows have been right around 15°C: nice and cool.

The 25 june is anniversary I live together 38 years since 1982 together. Not married.
🎈 Happy Anniversary! 🎈

Had my first love and i remained together, that would have been about the same span of time (it would have been 39 years for us). She and i also lived together like a marriage but were not married, for which in English there are several terms. I prefer True Love, capitalized like that (a nonstandard phrase, but i prefer it over the more common ones). So far in life i’ve had 2 True Loves (by this definition): the first one for 7 years, the second between 5 and 13 years (a blurry endpoint). I’ve always considered these arrangements stronger than traditional marriages: with no outside social forces (government for civil weddings or church for religious weddings), it is the strength of love between the lovers holding the bond together. For myself and these lovers, we always renewed our love bond each day, whether via saying heartfelt things like “I love you”, loving kisses, and/or other clear indications of ongoing commitment.

He again this year forgot flowers no gift but did pick up my pharmacy Rx meds and the few groceries,he forgot was our anniversary is always very busy with work. I am homebound and of course could have ordered my own flowers online but my brain is zombi too many meds too many years, just tired of it.
I go out of my way to stay off pharmaceuticals as much as possible. Last year for me was a bad year for that, but most of the rest of the 20-teens and so far this year have been good: no pharmaceutical drugs at all.

4 January 1981: that was my first True Love’s and my anniversary (which i obviously still remember).

Things are more complicated with the second True Love: multiple anniversaries. I don’t think we ever decided whether to celebrate the anniversary of our first email contact, our first super-long voice telephone call, our first in-person contact, or when we made the commitment to live together. And if the latter, would our anniversary be the day she picked me up at the airport? When i (first) met her (large in number) family? When we started our cross-country road trip to move her and her belongings to what would be our shared home? When we arrived at that home?

These sorts of things with her were always blurry… and that’s kinda fun and nice in its own way.

Cheers to Your (plural) ongoing long duration love!

Latest posts