What Are You Happy About Today? Part 3

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

willowmoon

Don't Panic!
Today, and every day, I am thankful that I stumbled upon this website. I got brave enough to start posting and interacting with a certain someone.

I am head over heels in love and I have DIMS to thank for it! I love you, @willowmoon! 🥰😚
And I love you @Luv2BNaughty !!! 🥰 😚 I never really used to believe in second chances, but somehow fate, destiny, whatever it is ... well, it brought the two of us back together after many, many years. It may sound clichéd to some, but she does truly complete me and she is the partner I never thought I would ever find (or deserve) ... and yet, here she is. I feel so blessed to have her in my life again, and I will never take that for granted. I love you!!

Donna

Irascible Bee
I’m writing again, and not just dry business presentations and research articles, but novel length fiction, short stories, AND poetry. I have the luxury of time and inspiration, where before when I had the inspiration, I never had the time. There was never enough time. Today, I wrote about butterflies…

“I remember the butterflies.
There were always so many butterflies.
Big ones and itty-bitty ones.
Their wings vibrant, fluttering rainbows.
And the sky was always blue, with big puffy clouds that I could reach up and touch with my fingertips.
It was always daytime. The dark never came.
It never rained.
Soft music filled the air along with the chirping of birds and crickets, heard but never seen.
Time stood still.
I was veiled in soft light and peace.
Just me and my butterflies.
Then they were gone.
And everything went black.”

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Donna

Irascible Bee
What’s making me happy? An email…I shouldn’t be surprised given that it’s words on a screen. But isn’t it amazing what the right combination of words can do? Stories are formed, taking us places we might otherwise never go. When combined with music, we’re moved. Words make us laugh…cry…sing…communicate…tense up…relax…hope…hate…love…but most of all, they make us feel.

Sonic Purity

Grateful
The blisters from my unplanned 7 mile mostly uphill walk last Thursday have gone down enough that i can again walk around the house normally without hobbling.

I didn’t actually mind the walk, and i’d done one quite like it on purpose in 2018, with proper footwear and no blistering. The problem this time was wearing the wrong shoes and socks, which happened because i wasn’t planning on my rear bicycle tire getting a flat from some unseen, unfound (i looked carefully) road debris. It was a pleasant approximately 37°C/98°F sunny day with low humidity, and i was walking midday in short sleeves and my fave femme short shorts, so i got plenty of healthy sun exposure for vitamin D generation and acceptably fresh air. While familiar, the scenery was quite pleasant.

Sorry Joe South, you’re wrong: Don’t Walk A Mile In My Shoes—at least not this pair of worn deck shoes. And definitely don’t walk seven.

Woke up today without anxiety for the first time in, I want to say, over a week. The cloud lifted, I reached out to friends and did all the right things, and organized a trip to San Francisco. Also, have a yoga class this morning - which should be interesting, I've never done a class at this weight! (262 the last time I weighed in early April but I'm positive it's a wee bit more now!)