Quantcast

What are you unhappy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Paquito

don't July to me
I don't think I'm going with the right major. But then I don't think there really is a "right major" for me. Nothing thrills me. Nothing catches my interest and says "I NEED to study this, I NEED to learn absolutely everything because I am that invested in the subject, and I would be happy to work in this field for the rest of my life."

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I don't think I'm going with the right major. But then I don't think there really is a "right major" for me. Nothing thrills me. Nothing catches my interest and says "I NEED to study this, I NEED to learn absolutely everything because I am that invested in the subject, and I would be happy to work in this field for the rest of my life."
That's the whole point of college. To find it.

So you spend the first two years taking crazy courses like, billiards, and shit like that.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
It's when the friend/partner decides to shit their pants because they're so drunk . . . And you help them clean themselves up without questions.
Gross, Zowie!!!

And I am unhappy for two reasons: 1) I've been sick for over a week (still at work, of course...) and 2) I will never get to use this tinychat business and see the disgusting things you guys are likely doing on there :(

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
You know, I don't think most people ever do. There are people who discover a passion and are fortunate enough to get to study it and make it a career. A lot of other people don't find one particular passion in life (for all that they may be passionate about life), and some who do find one passion cannot, or will not, make it the focus of their studies or career.

I think the important thing is that you do find joy in life in some form and place, not that it has to be from your studies or career. Obviously you don't want your studies or career to be a source of aggravation, pain, and general suckiness in your life, but if you can find something you like well enough and which doesn't interfere much with enjoying your life overall....then you are doing pretty well.

Having said all that, does your college have a counseling service? They may have some personality/temperament type tests and some follow up information on types of careers that are apt to work well for yours. I'm not promising great things from those, but you never know, they might give you some interesting ideas.

Good luck!

MasterShake

My Fist, Your Face!
I really like Tad's response, and would add that sometimes it's actually nice having a career in something that's not a "calling" or major passion, because sometimes the real world has a way of sullying or tarnishing what you love if you turn it into a job, if that makes sense.

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
Gross, Zowie!!!

And I am unhappy for two reasons: 1) I've been sick for over a week (still at work, of course...) and 2) I will never get to use this tinychat business and see the disgusting things you guys are likely doing on there :(
last night we all got naked and smothered ourselves with tapioca pudding. it was awesome!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I'm unhappy that my boss got laid off yesterday--largely because of personality conflicts between him and our president. Getting a new part time manager coming in under contract.....somebody I've worked for before, at another company, and who I didn't care for much as a manager (nice enough personally, and has some good skills, just don't feel he looks out for those reporting to him).

Having to really think about whether I want to stay at this place or not. :confused::doh::(

JulieD

my IBFF is sick with strept throat... boo :(. Get better soon Fish...

thekidstable

Grabbin' pills
I'm unhappy that my boss got laid off yesterday--largely because of personality conflicts between him and our president. Getting a new part time manager coming in under contract.....somebody I've worked for before, at another company, and who I didn't care for much as a manager (nice enough personally, and has some good skills, just don't feel he looks out for those reporting to him).

Having to really think about whether I want to stay at this place or not. :confused::doh::(
I'm sorry to hear. I'd say give it a while though, the job market isn't exactly flourishing right now, and you never know what could happen if you give it a chance.

graphicsgal

Monday my world came crashing down...the 31-year old? In a surprise twist my dad married her at his work party. So now I have a step-mom who is younger than I am.

Also, the "good" guy completely broke my heart with his nonsense. Slowly coming out of that....still feel like I have been punched in the gut. But you know, life happens. Just have to keep moving forward.

Latest posts