What does it cost to fill up your gas tank?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ClashCityRocker

Outer Space Potato Man
roughly $50...91 acura legend, only takes premium fuel, cuz it's a "luxury sedan." my question is...where's the luxury in an absence of cup holders?

biodieselman

... Really, I'd rather have an electric car, or one whose exhaust smells like french fries. :D...
Start saving your money Tina, 100mpg cars are coming.

The Toyota Motor Corporation, which leads the world’s automakers in sales of hybrid-electric vehicles, announced Sunday night that it would build its first plug-in hybrid by 2010...

Or perhaps a mid-size BMW 535d. I can picture Biggie hanging out behind your local restaurants collecting WVO.;)

Aliena

Big whopping truck... big whopping fuel tank... Diesel @ $4.01 / gallon.

$130 (almost full)
My Gaaawwwwd Stan, what you spend on a tank is OVER my monthly allotment of gas!! :eek:

Mike and I would have to choose whether to eat or go for a ride.

Ok...not that kind of ride, sheeessshhhh~~

Zandoz

Highly irregular
I've not personally filled up the PT since right after Xmas...it was like $29 then. Judging by the bank statements, Pammie has been paying around $35 when she tops off the Plum Thang's tank.

As of last night, the overall average price for our area is $3.31...high of $3.39...but at stations being where the supplier is being investigated by the state of for price gouging, the price is generally around $3.12 to $3.23. Amazing the difference politicians finally doing their job to some degree can make.

jamie

...tickled...
I have a 2008 Nissan Versa and I am not sure but I think it holds about 11 gallons.

It is pretty fuel efficient so if I am just toodling back and forth to work (7 miles one way) then I only have to fill up once every week and a half. I think gas is 3.23 by my house so it would be about 33$.

sugar and spice

My husband drives a Chevrolet Malibu 2005. He gets 24.5 miles per gallon city and 35 hwy.
It holds 13 gallons and gas here today was 3.15, he never lets it go below 1/8 a tank and he filled it today and spent 38 bucks.

IdahoCynth

Cockchafer
2004 Buick LeSabre, 18.5 gal tank. Last time I filled it was on 2/25/08 gas was $3.09 a gallon. I spent $48. A tank of gas usually lasts me 5-6 weeks.

toni

In the know
Just under 30 bucks, depending on whats left in there - I fill up once a week.

Right now, NJ has some of the lowest gas in the country (2.95 by my house). That might change, the politicians were talking about tacking on an extra 50 cents a gallon in taxes. :doh: Who the hell votes these people in?

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
What it costs me to fill up my 2008 Saturn with gas would translate to:
  • Working a little over eight hours at McDonalds, or
  • Giving up 50 double cheeseburgers on McDonald's dollar menu , or
  • Giving up buying five music CD's, or
  • Not eating lunch out at a restaurant six times, or
  • Not buying that sweet little outfit I have had my heart set on for spring.
  • and finally window shopping on ebay instead of bidding.

lipmixgirl

Mayor of Fatopia
while i know biodieselman would approve, i just had to add:

i live in nyc and do not own a car by choice.
i love the fact that having a car in manhattan is a burden rather than necessity.
the cost of my monthly unlimited 24/7 metrocard just increased from $76 to $81.

30 days of unlimited bus and subway transportation - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week -

weekly transportation cost - $20.25
monthly transportation cost- $81
yearly transportation cost - $972

big body - small carbon footprint!

RevolOggerp

My car is a 1998 Saturn Sedan. It holds 10 gallons and usually costs me 10 times whatever the gas price is. With the gas prices increasing rapidly, the cost to fill it up increases rapidly as well.

I remember a month ago when it was $2.79 per gallon. That's $28 for a fill-up. As the weeks went by, it cost me $30 to fill... now, $32 to fill. :(

Shala

Let Love Rule.
I have a 2008 Ford Escape and it has a 16 gallon tank. Gas here is about $3.10-$3.15 per gallon and it costs me $45-50 to fill up. I am fortunate in that New Orleans is one of the cheapest cities to purchase gas.

BubbleButtBabe

No one cares anyway
I have a 2001 Toyota Camry with a 18.5 gas tank..The price of my gas ranges from $3.13 to $3.18 and it cost me between $40 to $60 to fill it from empty..I normally fill it when I am down to a 1/4 tank and it cost me $40 easily..

tattooU

i'm not sure what size the gas tank is in my car(s). Both are 4 cylinders so they don't eat up a lot of fuel, but since i've been driving the gas sipper...it's about $30 for a fillup with plus, which runs about $3.39ish. That typically lasts me a week, if i drive the speed limit (sometimes.)

Les Toil

...and as I was pumping the gas, I was getting this warm, fuzzy feeling that the apocalypse is just around the bend.

And to think, it was only a matter of a few months ago that Bush actually laughed on camera at the notion of four dollar gas.

Granted I purchased this gas at a station in Half Moon Bay where the rich folk live, it was still plain ol' regular unleaded!

So what are they stiffing you for at the pumps?

The Orange Mage

♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓
Here in the Dayton, OH area, we're pulling about $3.20 a gallon.

High prices is the ONLY thing we're not jealous about when it comes to the west coast. :p

Tina

Older and wiser now
Decided to merge the threads, since I'd started this last month.

Gas has gone up about ten cents per liter (that's how it's sold here), which means regular costs me almost $5 per gallon here: 1.25 x 3.7 = 4.75. Yee. Haw.

But look at what some others around the world are paying, Lester. It's criminal.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
while i know biodieselman would approve, i just had to add:

i live in nyc and do not own a car by choice.
i love the fact that having a car in manhattan is a burden rather than necessity.
the cost of my monthly unlimited 24/7 metrocard just increased from $76 to $81.

30 days of unlimited bus and subway transportation - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week -

weekly transportation cost - $20.25
monthly transportation cost- $81
yearly transportation cost - $972

big body - small carbon footprint!
If we had better public transportation I'd use it more often. Right now I take the bart about 2 times per week. I drive a 2002 honda passport and it costs me about $60 to fill the tank.

swamptoad

It's $ 3.29 / gallon for unleaded gasoline, currently here near where I reside in Minnesota. I believe that its close to $ 40.00 to fill the tank.

Latest posts