• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What is friendship?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southernfa

From the "what is love" thread.
It would be terrible to let this tender, expressive and rich thread die of neglect - especially after what you have offered, Mr. Southern FA.

Mrs. Ho Ho turned 50, and only now are we getting it together to have a REAL party for her. She has been digging for quotes on friendship which convey what is, for her, just the right shade of meaning and intimacy for the separate invitations which she is sending to the people in the various circles of her life.

Your offer to send the full set of quotes would probably overwhelm us, and our collective hard drives as well. But I know of no one better able to start a new thread on friendship. I hope it is our privilege to read it, and to contribute to it as we can.

OK, well flattery always works well with me so here we go; an ode to friendship:

The mind is so rarely disturbed, but that the company of friend will restore it to some degree of tranquility and sedateness.
- Adam Smith
(1723 - 1790)
English economist and philosopher

To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind.
- William Hazlitt
(1778 - 1830)
English Essayist

The only reward of virtue is virtue; the only way to have a friend is to be one.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
American essayist, poet and philosopher

For when two beings who are not friends are near each other there is no meeting, and when friends are far apart there is no separation.
- Simone Weil
(1909 - 1943)
French writer

Now will I draw aside the veil from Love,
And in the temple of mine inmost soul
Behold the Friend, Incomparable Love.
He who would know the secret of both worlds
Will find that the secret of them both is Love.
- Attar
(C1142 - C1220)
Farid ad-Din Attar
Persian mystic and poet

Latest posts

Back