What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

KHayes666

Go away
I have to go to work and it sucks because I want to stay home and review Wrestling's Country Boys......that's pretty sad.

FatAndProud

I lost a dear friend to suicide. I'm not quite sure how to deal with it. All I know is that my heart if broken.
The best way to get through this tough time is to spend it with those closest to this person.

My brother committed suicide a year ago. Every day I miss him and go through what-if's. Grieving is one thing (a step-by-step process), but when a loved one was in such pain before they left? That's what hurts me most, personally. I've learned a lot about depression and suicide. Suicide is a modern psychological concern, in my opinion...but that's for another thread. All I can say is be here for those in need.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Was the first day since my back injury that I was gonna try to go out and have lunch with my family but I forgot my sisters boyfriend has been using my car and now he isn't answering his phone, so I'm just stuck here another day doing nothing.

Ms Charlotte BBW

Fantasy Land
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
Thank you :)

The best way to get through this tough time is to spend it with those closest to this person.

My brother committed suicide a year ago. Every day I miss him and go through what-if's. Grieving is one thing (a step-by-step process), but when a loved one was in such pain before they left? That's what hurts me most, personally. I've learned a lot about depression and suicide. Suicide is a modern psychological concern, in my opinion...but that's for another thread. All I can say is be here for those in need.
Thank you. I am trying to be strong for her family and friends. The sad part is I always knew in the back of my mind this day would come. I just hoped I wouldn't be around to see it. :(

I am sorry for your loss. Everyone grieves differently. You know how best to deal with this.
Thank you dear friend. :)

JonesT

Your's truly
My wife and I have seperated. She is currently 7 months pregnant with our only child. Things got rough about 4 months ago when she lost her job in which we ended up moving in with her parents until we could get back on our feet. Well she has been controlling and condescending since we have been together. It got worse once we moved in with her parents. (Of course) She tells me what I can and cannot eat, what I can and cannot buy, who I can and cannot talk to etc.. I am a very picky eater. She never cooks, it was always me that did the cooking but I would cook what she wanted and then cook what I wanted. Well she gave me the option of either changing my eating habit or ending our marriage. That sickened me. I could understand if i was a drug dealer or something but to end our marriage over that? I never ask for much but all I asked for was a little appreciation. I work my butt off to provide yet I'm not allowed to make decisions on my own. God forbid if I ever do it to her. We got into a big fight and she basically told me there's the door. She even went on to say that I can't be in the delivery room when our daughter comes. That killed me. Shes not even here yet and she is already my world. I do love my wife but I'm not too sure if our marriage will last. I apologize, I will get off of my soapbox.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
"...I do love my wife but I'm not too sure if our marriage will last."
Try not to worry so much about the long-term, at least for as long as this is in transition. Because your wife, for now, is in a state of heightened hormonal response.

This does not mean, per se, that she doesn't really mean to say or do as she is. But, maybe, a better way to think about all of it is in this context of her feeling very vulnerable. Needing to find some sense of control over the once solid ground which, it seems, is shifting very rapidly beneath her feet.

You can help to assuage this by reassuring her, being there for her, doing things for her, etc...to whatever extent that you feel you can. Even as much as it sounds like she's not so appreciative, every little thing you do makes some difference. Particularly at this critical juncture.

If it helps to move-out, maybe move back-in with your folks just for a bit, that's not at all as bad as doing so without (at some point sooner than later) explaining that ending it like that is not what you want. It might even help to take some of the pressure-off for as long as it takes for you guys to work things out.

Otherwise, divorce is very costly, and you will have plenty of time after the baby is born to better reflect on that.

For now, the best you can do for your daughter is to keep as positive an attitude as you can and support your wife emotionally as much as you're able. That doesn't necessarily mean capitulating over what you can or can't eat or how you will move forward on that type of stuff; but, instead, trying as best as you can to redirect the focus towards where (now) it needs to be: That you love both her and your (plural) child.

And, also, try to keep in mind that it will always be 100% in your own hands as to what kind of father you'll ultimately prove to be; in as much as it's not really about the circumstances or other things which are sometimes & in some degree beyond your direct or immediate control, but-instead how you rise or fall to the occasion, how you choose to respond to those circumstances.

Latest posts