What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Colonial Warrior

I’m sad that I never seem to learn my lesson with certain people. It makes me feel foolish, as if I deserve it for ignoring what’s obvious. Sigh.
Some I made the mistake of trusting in the worst kind of persons.

The best advice I can give to you is learn from you past experiences and get some time to know a person well! There is a lot of good and bad people out there!!!

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
Never blame yourself for the actions of a jerk. I just write them off and move on!
Good advice! I would also suggest having someone who is in your corner be your second look. I can seem to pick out the jerks when a good friend finds one. When I scoop one up I just don’t realize.

da3ley

I'm sad today as i cant seem to ever get it right w/ weight loss. Instead of losing as I'd hoped, I gained a lb. I'm so sick of this battle. Tired of this

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent?
Staff member
Global Moderator
I was looking up an old girlfriend the other day and I found out that she died two years ago! I was completely devastated. WTH?!?!

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent?
Staff member
Global Moderator
wow, so sorry that's a bummer.
Here's the really sad part: Back when we were dating, I was going through some PTSD issues but I didn't know it at the time. Whiel I am inherently not a bad person, I didn't treat her as well as I should have and always regretted it. Over the course of the last couple of years, I had been trying to contact people that I felt I owed apologies to but could not find a way to contact her. I finally find her and she has passed away. I'll never get to tell her how much I appreciated her and that I was so sorry for breaking up with her at the time.

This has made me really concentrate on letting people in my life know how much they mean to me.

da3ley

Here's the really sad part: Back when we were dating, I was going through some PTSD issues but I didn't know it at the time. Whiel I am inherently not a bad person, I didn't treat her as well as I should have and always regretted it. Over the course of the last couple of years, I had been trying to contact people that I felt I owed apologies to but could not find a way to contact her. I finally find her and she has passed away. I'll never get to tell her how much I appreciated her and that I was so sorry for breaking up with her at the time.

This has made me really concentrate on letting people in my life know how much they mean to me.
Yeah but at least you're a good enough person to recognize your failings and tried to make it right. This shows integrity. This is a great thing.

Tad

mostly harmless
Just heard that a former co-worker (worked with him for several years, and his son had done some work at our company too ) died of an accident that happened doing some sort of property maintenance. Just so shocking to have someone just gone like that.

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent?
Staff member
Global Moderator
Just heard that a former co-worker (worked with him for several years, and his son had done some work at our company too ) died of an accident that happened doing some sort of property maintenance. Just so shocking to have someone just gone like that.
I'm so sorry.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
So sorry Tad, that is so very sad.

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
Absolutely desperate to move into a new flat, but we're on hold because my friend and soon-to-be housemate's reference is stuck is red tape. Such a drag when all we want is to get this sorted and arrange an actual move in date.

Tracyarts

It's alumni weekend at my university, they've been making all kinds of social media posts. I found out that a close friend from '89-'91 died a few months ago. He and I lost touch when he moved away in the mid 90s but I never forgot him. He had some serious health challenges from a birth defect but seemed to be doing well in adulthood. He only made it to 54 though. Which, to be fair, was a much longer life than was ever expected for him. But still very sad to know he's no longer with us.

He loved movies, loved 70s and early 80s music, loved coffee and loved the beach. We saw some great concerts together. Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty, and James Taylor. And too many movies to count. Although he was partial to John Waters films, and disturbingly, knew every line in both The Shining and The Exorcist. He was a barista in one of the first coffee shops in the area, his dream job. He and I spent many afternoons studying together on the beach then stopping at Denny's for a late night supper on the way back to town. He called everybody "honey" but never came across as condescending. He always greeted me with a chirpy "Oh, hey, honey" and kiss on both cheeks.

I really regret not keeping up with him, but he wasn't one for social media or even phone calls. He preferred to just socialize in person.

I just remembered, I still have a couple of mixtapes he made me. Fleetwood Mac, Van Morrison, James Taylor, Steely Dan, Genesis, and Tom Petty. I will have to somehow transfer them to digital, or at least make a playlist of the songs.

Latest posts

Group builder