What is making you SAD right now...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LoveDDD

I lost two great men last year - a lion guardian lover friend and a teddy bear tech geek cuddler. Valentines day ads from hotels and local spots are making me feel the sad bad...

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Sitting at work next to my very pregnant co worker, listening to her complain about how fat she is getting. Then listening to all my other coworkers chime in about it... Not necessarily sad but, its not "repulisve" ..ladies... there are worse things you could be than fat!
Right. You could be fat AND black like me! :confused:

HUGEisElegant

Sitting at work next to my very pregnant co worker, listening to her complain about how fat she is getting. Then listening to all my other coworkers chime in about it... Not necessarily sad but, its not "repulisve" ..ladies... there are worse things you could be than fat!
Ugh! Totally agreed! I've heard women and young girls complaining about being 5 or 10 pounds "overweight" and it drives me insane. It's gotten to the point where so many women feel they all need to be super fit or a size 2 to be "worthy" as a woman; almost as if being fit or having a little fat is what solely determines their self-esteem and happiness in life. *sighs* This culture of vanity insanity is so incredibly unhealthy for us all and it really needs to stop. All it does it damage people's self-worth and creates divisiveness to be able to truly See, accept and love people the way they are. It not only distorts people's view of others, but it causes their thoughts to be directed inwardly in a negative way in how we view ourselves. The worst part is that this intense culture of vanity insanity is directed toward women so much worse than guys, which tends to culminate in the types of conversations you heard today. It's so incredibly sad. :(

Emmy

something witty..
Ugh! Totally agreed! I've heard women and young girls complaining about being 5 or 10 pounds "overweight" and it drives me insane. It's gotten to the point where so many women feel they all need to be super fit or a size 2 to be "worthy" as a woman; almost as if being fit or having a little fat is what solely determines their self-esteem and happiness in life. *sighs* This culture of vanity insanity is so incredibly unhealthy for us all and it really needs to stop. All it does it damage people's self-worth and creates divisiveness to be able to truly See, accept and love people the way they are. It not only distorts people's view of others, but it causes their thoughts to be directed inwardly in a negative way in how we view ourselves. The worst part is that this intense culture of vanity insanity is directed toward women so much worse than guys, which tends to culminate in the types of conversations you heard today. It's so incredibly sad. :(
As if shed know what to do with an ass if she got one! im feeling better lol

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Even employers are putting on the pressure with discounted health insurance for using a fit bit and doing a certain amount of step.

HUGEisElegant

Even employers are putting on the pressure with discounted health insurance for using a fit bit and doing a certain amount of step.
I know, I've heard about that too. It's sheer insanity. We have enough pressures from society all around us, the last thing we need is more pressures at work as well. It's just not right.

Adamantoise

Senpai hasn't noticed...
General anxiety, confidence issues, self disgust. Blood pressure was high, so I'm trying to eat better and lose a bit of weight to combat it. I've been feeling awful lately, generally upset and whatnot. I broke down in front of my mother a week or two ago, I just felt so bad. I was fighting with myself to even post this. I'm just trying to be good for a change.

Tad

mostly harmless
General anxiety, confidence issues, self disgust. Blood pressure was high, so I'm trying to eat better and lose a bit of weight to combat it. I've been feeling awful lately, generally upset and whatnot. I broke down in front of my mother a week or two ago, I just felt so bad. I was fighting with myself to even post this. I'm just trying to be good for a change.
Good luck! Feel free to vent here.

Latest posts