What is your weight right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CaAggieGirl

If you only knew
443 as of this morning. Down 8 pounds in about a week. I really need my appetite to return and I need to ingest more than a orange and some water. :(

veggieforever

High Carb Low Fat Vegan
167. I haven't been 167 (11st 13lbs) in, like, FOREVER! lol Was 210 (14st 7lbs) roughly in September of '12 so I am pleased with my progress. Slow and steady does it, I say...xXx

bobsjers

I'm down to 266 lbs. Like Veggieforever said, "Slow and Steady".
Why are you constantly in the weight GAIN section bragging about how much weight you LOST? That would be like going to Weight Watchers and bragging how much you gained.

CaAggieGirl

If you only knew

veggieforever

High Carb Low Fat Vegan
In response to Bobsjers, this is a weight board, whether that be pride in a gain or pride in a loss. Not everyone on Dims is happy and satisfied with being overweight and we come here to find acceptance for who we are and support for our own goals. I certainly am NOT bragging about my weight loss! For the first time in my adult life I am at my lowest weight ever and I feel I have the right to come here and shine with a bit of pride for what I have accomplished. It has not been easy and I have had to work hard for each pound lost but I am feeling good and positive and am finding each day is a little bit sunnier - where is the harm in that??? I think big women are gorgeous and being an openly gay female, I admit to liking curvier ladies (bones do very little for me!) but since the very sudden and unexpected death of my father I took my health into my own hands and knew I needed to lose weight drastically and get fit, not with any intentions of rubbing anyones nose in my modest success (after a bazillion failed attempts too btw!) but to feel good that I would not have the same health issues or die at the very young age my dad did. So, please see there are many reasons why people post their loses (or gains) and it is not to make anyone feel bad but to actually take pride in a small success they didnt know they ever had the strength or willpower to do, so please be kind in the future and be mindful of what YOU post as disrespect and apparently envious responses will be shot down, just as other members rightfully shot yours down as it was wrongfully posted. If you have nothing nice or constructive to say Bobsjers, then please do not say anything at all.

veggieforever

High Carb Low Fat Vegan
In time you will probably gain it all back and with a bonus.
That is a very RUDE comment and what is wrong with being positive and supportive? Not everyone gains the weight back if they learn to drop the junk food for good and adopt a diet that is full of fruits and vegetables and homecooked meals, and also to workout a few times a week. Have a little faith in your fellow Dims members and also have some respect for their feelings and the effort and discipline that goes into losing the weight in the first place. Statements like that are really inappropriate, hurtful and kinda make you appear a little envious of someone elses weight loss successes. Zip the lip if nothing nice can come out of them. I thank you.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
385 boys and girls...I've added 7 pounds sooooomewhere lol.

Says this while shoving a loaded philly cheesesteak in my face ...not sure how it happened hehe

tjw1971

Did he mean it that way, or did he just assume mistakenly that the member in question didn't view the weight loss as a positive thing?

I'm always supportive of people doing whatever makes them happier. If that happens to be weight loss, ok - great.... you're in good company with the vast majority of people out there, as far as I can tell? (Heck, there's not a single woman in the office where I work who isn't constantly talking about going to the gym, trying to lose weight, eating healthier for said purpose, etc.)

I would tend to assume though, unless specifically explained otherwise, that a person is more interested in weight GAIN if they're frequenting a message board like this one. Weight loss can be talked about practically everywhere.

That is a very RUDE comment and what is wrong with being positive and supportive? Not everyone gains the weight back if they learn to drop the junk food for good and adopt a diet that is full of fruits and vegetables and homecooked meals, and also to workout a few times a week. Have a little faith in your fellow Dims members and also have some respect for their feelings and the effort and discipline that goes into losing the weight in the first place. Statements like that are really inappropriate, hurtful and kinda make you appear a little envious of someone elses weight loss successes. Zip the lip if nothing nice can come out of them. I thank you.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
I would tend to assume though, unless specifically explained otherwise, that a person is more interested in weight GAIN if they're frequenting a message board like this one. Weight loss can be talked about practically everywhere.
Please read:

This thread is on the Weight Board, NOT on the Weight Gain subforum. This board is for more miscellaneous topics, and is not specifically for weight gain-related posts.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29827 - A mod explains it here.

Latest posts