• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What should I do

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No-No-Badkitty

Purrrrrrrrr~
I am really stumped at what I should do. I know what I want to do, but I feel like I am being kicked in the teeth.
A little back ground here. I am roughly 300lbs, I work out 4-5 days a week, I have normal BP 110/60 average, normal sugar, cholesteral etc, no meds except thyroid and birth control. I am physically healthy, active, and have been okay with my size for some time now.
My husband's work recently switched insurance companies and they denied me life insurance based on my weight height ratio. I am roughly 5'5.
They told me I had to loose 70-80 pounds in order to qualify. I really need life insurance to cover the bills in case something happened to me. I simply don't know what to do. And no-no other health insurance will take me as I have already tried.
Dieting does not and has NEVER worked for me. I am on a thyroid pill because my intake of food doesn't warrant my weight (and I had a few hypothyroid symptoms) and my GP wanted to see if this helped my metabolism. I haven't lost anything although I do feel a lot better and my hair is growing and my skin is healthier and any general aches and pains I had are almost gone completely.
Any how. I don't know what to do. I do not want WLS but I feel like I am being told that I have to have it or "else", the or else being that if anything happened to me my family would be SOL. I have considered going to my GP and seeing if there is anything that could possibly help me loose weight other than surgery...but at the same time, I don't mind being fat, I like having big breasts and a butt. I enjoy who I am.
But I feel like I am being forced into this descision.
I asked the health insurance company that even if I showed them all my med records etc, how I am healthy, my recent physical, etc, if that would help and she said no. That they went by the height weight ratio and that was that.
I just don't understand.
And I just don't know what to do.

Latest posts

Back