What will your legacy be to the world....

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

fatlane

Starting Arvist
" I have always wondered at and admired the astonishing knack of the British people for making their moral standards correspond with their material interests and for seeing virtue in everything that advances their imperial designs."

-- J. Nehru

Egbert Souse

South America, probably.
fatlane said:
" I have always wondered at and admired the astonishing knack of the British people for making their moral standards correspond with their material interests and for seeing virtue in everything that advances their imperial designs."

-- J. Nehru

Allowing him some latitude for attitude regarding the British, that's a lovely definition of civilization.

Sure am glad his shirt design didn't take.

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man
....as director of audio-visual production, I used to have long philosophical and ponderationous chats with my boss who was director of Rose-Croix University (who knew? Old RCU!! Rah Rah Rah, miserable football team, though!) One day he said to me: "So, you are going to be the one to finally make the esoteric tradition available to everybody..." I responded slowly and sagely, "Yup!" Got a good head start on it, but I decided to do it through fun art and science friction, rather than dry old books! Hmmmmm...might be a couple of those in there, but mostly, its' Pirates, matey....Pirates and Rosicrucians!!! Damn the Cathari...full speed ahead! ROFL :eat1: :eat2: :bow:

Durin

A Large Terry Prachett and Spider Robinson book collection.

Hopefully a few adults and children that can read better. (Reading Mentor)

"Shared Sorrow is Dimminished, Shared Joy Increased."

Totmacher

A lot of corrections.

Hopefully I'll be able to include s'more stuff over the next few decades though.

Tragdor

Abide
well my goals in life are all based on Albert Speer's ruin theory. So I going to create a giant pyriamd and mausoleum in Nebraska.

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
Nice, another 17 year old thread Angelette can revive.

Anyways, I've been wondering and overthinking what is the meaning of life. I didn't know what the heck I want to do or be. Even if I had an idea the expectations seem unlikely. Wondering if my existence is worth it.

It turns out the simple answer is I just want happiness. I used to be happy as a child, but not anymore. My life fell apart around 14 years old and I started to become depressed. Developed other mental health problems and social anxiety. Turned into a loner and family became dysfunctional. That mold is still inside of me.

Maybe next year will be my silver lining. Not that I have a crystal ball telling me 2023 my life will change right away. But I want to be optimistic and solace on small happy moments that will get me by in life.

RVGleason

I have a couple of published books and I’m considered in some circles as an expert in Pop Culture. ☺️

Donna

🎶 Melophile & Bibliophile 📚
Speaking of small legacies....I've been mentioned in the acknowledgements section of a published novel AND I made it into the liner notes of two albums. The novel was a NY Times Best Seller and both albums made it to the Billboard Top 100.

Now if I can only make the NY Times Best Seller list. An old(er) girl can dream, right?

Reactions: Tad

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
When I was a kid we had a board game, maybe called "Careers", where at the start you had to decide how many points of each of fame, money, and happiness you had to accumulate to win. I always went heavier on happiness and lighter on game, but it was a good way toet a kid thinking. But something about it always bugged me, and recently I realized that what matters more is how much you can give these things to others.

I have no real ability to provide fame, and limited ability to provide money. But I do try to hand out some points of happiness (and self confidence and self-acceptance and self-realization). Nothing splashy but I hope that there will be some people whose lives I've helped be a bit better.

Once I hoped for more, but eh, life isn't always going to go how we expect.

Latest posts