What's on the dinner table tonight?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigen

I'm intrigued. I never would have thought of pairing zucchini and pineapple. :p

This sounds a lot like my grandma's zucchini bread recipe:

Beat 3 eggs, 1 c. of oil and 2 c. sugar. Stir into above mixture 2 c. peeled and grated zucchini and 3 tsp. vanilla. Sift together the following (or if you're like me and don't want to bother, just stir) and add to the above mixture: 3 c. flour, 1 t. salt, 1 t. baking soda, 2 t. cinnamon, 1/4 t. baking powder, and 1/2 c. walnuts or pecans (optional). Bake in 2 standard loaf pans in 325 degree oven for 1 h.

I don't know how you feel about all of that oil, but it usually doesn't stop me from slathering a slice with butter afterward. :p
Intriguing. I'll take note.

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
Bratwurst glazed with beer jelly in a pretzel roll, carrots with dill, and golden beets marinated in a fantastic vinaigrette.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
had a ton of stuff going on so hub went out and got one of those big boxes from mcdonalds. we had one awhile ago and was surprised they still have them. was a good quick meal for the whole family and i got alot more done than having to cook/clean up.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
i made a meatloaf tonight. turned out ok. had it with homemade corn bread and green beans. basic, no frills.

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
Summer squash, new potatoes, sweet red pepper, spring onion and chorizo hash with a scrambled egg; cheddar cheese, sour cream and salsa verde.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
had gotten boneless beef short ribs on sale. marinated in some of my daughter's korean bbq sauce. cooked slow all day in a casserole dish. fork tender when they were done! had with broccoli rice and corn.

Rojodi

Leftovers from Tuesday night's dinner:

Son: Caramelized pear and bacon cheeseburger with feta
Wife: Half of a summer sausage and apple flatbread
Me: Half of a BBQ platter: brisket, pulled pork, and a true half rack of ribs The sauce was house made with their signature ale.

deanbpm

had gotten boneless beef short ribs on sale. marinated in some of my daughter's korean bbq sauce. cooked slow all day in a casserole dish. fork tender when they were done! had with broccoli rice and corn.
I slow cooked some ribs a few weeks a go. They were that tender that the meat fell off the bones when I tried to pick them up. Awesome :)

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
I had to stop making curry, my apartment would stink for weeks after. Tonight was rosemary lamb chops and mushroom risotto.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
gef...do you like cooking on the gf grill? do you use it alot? hub had one when we first got married but it was such a pain in the butt to clean that we got rid of it. plus it seemed like if i cooked anything below 93/7 on there it would flood out the little catcher thing with grease. do you use super lean meat?

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
gef...do you like cooking on the gf grill? do you use it alot? hub had one when we first got married but it was such a pain in the butt to clean that we got rid of it. plus it seemed like if i cooked anything below 93/7 on there it would flood out the little catcher thing with grease. do you use super lean meat?
I made 12 patties....six at a time (big grill). I emptied the drip catcher before tossing on the next six and that was sufficient. Not super lean patties- I bought one of those frozen bags at Aldi.....85 percent if memory serves me right.

I like the grill- cleaning is easier when I slide it to the edge of the counter and use an old rag or disposable wipes to slide the mess into the trash can. It cleans easier when warm. Just a matter of wiping it and the surroundings down good- which is what I usually have to so when I use a pan.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
my daughter made homemade pizza for dinner. like dough she made herself from yeast and all! she used american cheese on mine...just like we used to eat when i was young. it was delish! the cheese mixes in with the sauce and gets all gooey yummy! i had mine with onion and mushrooms. so good!

Rojodi

Grilling chicken breasts then adding them to a mac and cheese dinner. I know, lazy, but we like it...

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Grilling chicken breasts then adding them to a mac and cheese dinner. I know, lazy, but we like it...
If it were me I would add some peas, dust the top with panko and bake till crusted.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Rojodi

If it were me I would add some peas, dust the top with panko and bake till crusted.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
That's an autumn dinner. And I'd add frozen peas and carrots, mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and butter, then bake.

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
Sauteed chicken breast cutlets served on big tortilla wraps with shredded cheddar cheese with tomatoes and sour cream. I made steamed brussel sprouts to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts